Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)  (Read 32630 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC) Character sheets need to be made.
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »

Is there any space left in this game for me to join in?

Not at the moment, but there's ways for people to join later.

Can I get the final word on wheter another play would inherit my territory or my ridiculously young heir would ascend to power? Alternatively, could it be that another player would gain regency until that heir was sufficiently old? If so, would he be able to murder the heir and keep the throne or not?

Your wife would take regency and you'd play as her.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2012, 08:57:42 pm »

Now, the only logic here is how an old, limp, cowardly 0 charm ruler can HAVE kids :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2012, 09:00:15 pm »

How do Writ's skill books work?

Taricus, I say it is because his awesome powers as Renaissance Raptor.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2012, 09:15:05 pm »

Skill books are written one per skill level, so you can attempt to write a level one skill book, or a level 2, 3, 4, etc.  You can't write a skill book higher then your skill in the skill you're writing about.  People can then read the skill books to level up there skills.  They can read a level 1 to get the skill, they can't read a level 2 til they have at least 1 in the skill.  It takes a month per skill level to read, analyze, study a book and gain it's skill bonus, then you also have to keep the book in your "library" to keep it's bonus.  That way people don't just write a manuscript and trade it between there friends, they have to make copies, which require industry space. 

Other books would have other stuff, and you gain honor for writing a book.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2012, 09:18:22 pm »

Skill books are written one per skill level, so you can attempt to write a level one skill book, or a level 2, 3, 4, etc.  You can't write a skill book higher then your skill in the skill you're writing about.  People can then read the skill books to level up there skills.  They can read a level 1 to get the skill, they can't read a level 2 til they have at least 1 in the skill.  It takes a month per skill level to read, analyze, study a book and gain it's skill bonus, then you also have to keep the book in your "library" to keep it's bonus.  That way people don't just write a manuscript and trade it between there friends, they have to make copies, which require industry space. 

Does that extend to needing lvl 2 in a skill to read a lvl 3 book, or is the restriction limited to having gained the skill, either through character creation or reading  a lvl 1 book?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2012, 09:21:46 pm »

Yeah, no. Considering that they'd have their own attractiveness standards. I'd say that you'd need to pay a LOT of money for a heir, regardless of the source :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2012, 09:25:36 pm »

Yeah, no. Considering that they'd have their own attractiveness standards. I'd say that you'd need to pay a LOT of money for a heir, regardless of the source :P

You know, in a tribal system, marriages sealed by arms seem perfectly commonplace... It does make me wonder how the weakest Wyr around became the leader though. I might de-age myself a bit.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

Does that extend to needing lvl 2 in a skill to read a lvl 3 book, or is the restriction limited to having gained the skill, either through character creation or reading  a lvl 1 book?
Yeah, you need the level right below it to read the book above it, Characters that are created make there characters the same as they do now, characters who are born in the world, are going to need to be either taught, or have access to books to gain skills, and they can only learn as many skills as there wisdom skill.

Example;

Wisdom = how many skills you can have, not the limit to how powerful they can be.  in character creation you could sacrifice knowing a skill off he bat to give a bonus to a different skill.

When you earn 100 honor you level up, every 100 honor.  You use honor to buy traits (which eventually will have a lot more then they do now)

Thinking I'll change rolls to 2d10 instead of 1d10 for skill checks make bonuses more less useful, but more balanced, since right now if you have a +3 in something you can't fail unless you roll a 1.

You know, in a tribal system, marriages sealed by arms seem perfectly commonplace... It does make me wonder how the weakest Wyr around became the leader though. I might de-age myself a bit.

That'd be smart.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2012, 12:39:39 am »

Alright, can I ask a few questions about this:
  • How does exploration work? I notice that I only have advanced knowledge of one tile adjacent to my city
  • How much influence do I start of with, and what should I do to mitigate the fact that I only get 3 influence/month?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2012, 12:53:45 am »

Alright, can I ask a few questions about this:
  • How does exploration work? I notice that I only have advanced knowledge of one tile adjacent to my city

You send a pop out to explore, or you get a hero to do it, you'd need to build an inn to make room for another player though.

• How much influence do I start of with, and what should I do to mitigate the fact that I only get 3 influence/month?
You start off with whatever your charm is (plus other bonuses) per month.  You get bonus influence for happiness, which is really allowing your people to use up any object with the luxury tag, such as sugar, scented oil, spice, feathers, etc.  Also the whole wealth thing. 

[/list]

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2012, 01:19:46 am »

Which action do you use if  you you want to capture animals without killing them?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2012, 01:23:28 am »

Which action do you use if  you you want to capture animals without killing them?

You'd need a ranch first, then you'd simply tell the people working on the ranch which animal to get and they'll go out and try to get them.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2012, 01:26:50 am »

HOw much does it cost to build a new town? (If you deconstruct your current one)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2012, 01:44:44 am »

HOw much does it cost to build a new town? (If you deconstruct your current one)

It costs next to nothing really, you send one pop they can build a camp which is a temp town, if you send two they start a settlement, which is a new town.  They won't have any housing or a place of your to live so you won't be able to influence them, so if you get some stone (7) then send two of them to start a pop somewhere else, one of them building housing, the other building a manor, then in 4 weeks having them build another housing, then in 4 weeks having another housing being built, while the people who built the manor do something else while you and your last pop move in.  Then again you can do it anyway you want, but that's how I'd do it.  Housing just prevents unhappiness it's not necessary if you have high influence.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2012, 02:11:55 am »

Last question, promise.  :P

Do we start with any building materials? If so, how much?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27