Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Hurray for bugfixes!  (Read 12403 times)

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
Hurray for bugfixes!
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:23:51 pm »

"03/12/2012 Toady One Next up I'm going to mess around with clothing a bit. There are a few obstacles to getting them to pick up clothes, and I've fixed the easy one. I stopped people with injuries from obsessing forever over unusable objects, but I want to make that better so that they don't think about them at all after one initial check. Getting it all to work together with uniforms, current inventory, injuries, available items, modded bodies and layering restrictions is always tricky, but that's the project. I'm also going to handle owned items that just sit out on the floor forever and deal with damaged clothing."

Toady posted this today. This is one fix I've been eager for for a long time. It seems that finally it will come to pass. No need to mod out clothes anymore! :D

I wonder if this will uncover some of the other long term slowdown issues. Like the items that no longer exist still causing fps drop.

Anyway, Hurray for upcoming bugfixes!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hurray for bugfixes!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:29:16 pm »

I am happy to see some work with uniforms and injuries in there as well...the two most annoying bugs for me are non functioning (properly) militaries that result in unnecessary injuries only to have that injured dwarf transported to my hospital while all the docs just look at him and dont help him in any way

Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 04:18:36 am »

Toady posted this today. This is one fix I've been eager for for a long time. It seems that finally it will come to pass. No need to mod out clothes anymore! :D

Yes, this is great news. The clothing fixes alone will be worth more to me than all of the new features in 0.34 combined. Managing a population of 200 nude beardies on a mountain of moldering XXSocksXX is far less interesting than it sounds ;D

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 04:37:12 am »

At last the end of nudity!

Could this also mean an end to greedy little brats who claim several cabinets worth of clothing.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 07:58:33 am »

At last the end of nudity!

Could this also mean an end to greedy little brats who claim several cabinets worth of clothing.

I think it does. After all, at leas as I understand it, the claiming is caused by the naked dwarves. Dwarf notices he/she isn't wearing any clothes, claim new one, is unable to wear it, notices he/she is still missing clothes...

But yeah, HURRAY FOR BUGFIXES!!  8)
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 08:03:32 am »

So, no more: Urist is caught in ambush. Dastot rushes out to get Urist's socks, dies in ambush. Mistem rushes out to get Dastot's socks..

I am honestly saddened; this is the end of an era. Soon the sock-claiming spiral of doom will join Elephants and Carp as an almost-forgotten terror of the past.
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 08:04:52 am »

So, no more: Urist is caught in ambush. Dastot rushes out to get Urist's socks, dies in ambush. Mistem rushes out to get Dastot's socks..

I am honestly saddened; this is the end of an era. Soon the sock-claiming spiral of doom will join Elephants and Carp as an almost-forgotten terror of the past.

Forbid on death, default in game from at least 31.25.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 08:39:40 am »

Forbid on death, default in game from at least 31.25.

No it is not. It's deafult with invaders and merchants, but not with dwarves.

And yeah, that bugfix will be awesome. There's clever reason for clothing industry!

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 08:53:05 am »

Actually, I can still see this happening. From now on they don't claim the sock to themselves, they just try to bring it to stockpile. At least that's what 90% of my haulers who die in annual Sock Rush are doing...
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 09:10:11 am »

If you have an ambush you should be setting your alert burrow on anyway, surely.

I think I'm going to like this bugfix release more than .34 :P

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 09:33:12 am »

I am happy to see some work with uniforms and injuries in there as well...the two most annoying bugs for me are non functioning (properly) militaries that result in unnecessary injuries only to have that injured dwarf transported to my hospital while all the docs just look at him and dont help him in any way

I doubt he'll do anything with doctors, as they work pretty well right now.  I think he means dwarves with injuries that prevent them from moving/storing items or doing certain jobs i.e. dwarves wtih no hands.

That said, I'm THRILLED.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:43:08 am by slothen »
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 09:54:26 am »

Yes, this is something I'm really excited about.  Ever since I learned about the impossibility of replacing clothing, I've just completely ignored the entire clothing industry.  This bugfix will add an entirely new level of stuff to my gameplay!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 10:04:21 am »

I doubt he'll do anything with doctors, as they work pretty well right now.  I think he means dwarves with injuries that prevent them from moving/storing items or doing certain jobs i.e. dwarves wtih no hands.

That said, I'm THRILLED.
I read it that he currently has a problem with dwarves missing a hand trying to put on a gauntlet...
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 10:12:37 am »

It's really nice to know that toady does listen to our whiney, bitchy, never-ending complaints and is sorting out the two which gets the loudest complaints.

So what else do you think he'll fix out of the great old bugs?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 11:40:31 am »

Yes, this is something I'm really excited about.  Ever since I learned about the impossibility of replacing clothing, I've just completely ignored the entire clothing industry.  This bugfix will add an entirely new level of stuff to my gameplay!

Same here.  I was disappointed to find out that the clothing bug existed, because it made a large industry only useful as caravan fodder, which means I didn't care about it at all.

When this fix goes in, I'll download .34 and give it a try, since I still have a nice fort in .31.25.

It's really nice to know that toady does listen to our whiney, bitchy, never-ending complaints and is sorting out the two which gets the loudest complaints.

So what else do you think he'll fix out of the great old bugs?

I could have sworn that Toady said he already fixed the bug with soap, lye and buckets, but I've read others are still having the problem.  If it still exists, I'm pretty confident it will get fixed since it's been around forever too.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5