Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: UPDATE: Gedor Puzzlesneak rampages through worldgen, kills 87763  (Read 78998 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE: Gedor Puzzlesneak rampages through worldgen, kills 87763
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2012, 01:31:03 am »

Anyone want to make a Succesion Game to make a giant bad-ass temple to this thing? Anyone?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2012, 01:52:13 am »

If you do, be bloody sure you embark in the correct section of the map! I take no responsibility for making contact with the wrong goblin civ, thus locking your fort out of meeting with Gedor forever and ever.

Here's a region that should work, as it is really close to the fortress Gedor's been defending for the past century and a half:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The selected region has hematite (11970 units) over all but the bottom right quarter of the map. In that bottom right quarter, it instead has 1122 units of native aluminum. There are also 260131 units of native gold on the map. There is an aquifer over most of the map, but not all of it - you can find stone on level 124 which will allow you to bypass the aquifer entirely. When I test-embarked with reveal, there were also two serpent man civs underground - one with cave spider venom on their darts, the other with GCS venom..... Both are in the first cavern layer, which goes up to level 97 and down to level 93; it has a stairway connecting it to the second caver layer (bypassing the marble, which is on levels 76-68). The second cavern layer goes from 10 to -5 and has a huge lake at the bottom, as well as a deep pit connecting it to layer 3. Layer 3 goes from -14 to -18 and has two exposed magma pools right into the magma sea. Also, if you use reveal to be absolutely sure you don't breach magma or the circus, you can safely get exactly 333 units of cotton candy.

Should be fun. I'd consider joining in the succession game, but I really want to try an evil embark right now. ^____^
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 01:59:06 am by Frogwarrior »
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2012, 02:20:09 am »

By the way, for those of you who don't know: "Gedor" is the Dwarven word for "Evil."
Just thought you should be informed of that.
So that means that Gedor sneaks evil puzzles into her foe's minds to kill them?

That's a puzzling qu-

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- *Splat*
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2012, 03:38:27 am »

Someone must draw this guy, possibly sitting on a throne made from the bones of his kills and looking omnious.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2012, 03:42:34 am »

HER kills :P
Oh, and her full title is Gedor Puzzlesneak the Knot of Hexes, in case anyone cares.
I like to imagine that, during her century-long imprisonment, the humans TRIED to kill her any way they could, but failed miserably.
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.

kardofaces

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2012, 12:07:04 pm »

I can picture a movie out of this - maybe not being an elephant monster but a perceived villian, some disfigured humanoid, that enlists in a war. Kills well. Some where along the line, there is an argument, betrayal, or a craving of power and he imprisoned. While there, flashbacks of becoming physically scarred and a realization that he is lonely - maybe a possible love interest. Eventually escaping, he kills again out of anger and eventually meets his doom. Yeah... something like that.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 12:44:33 pm »

Clearly we need to capture her and breed her with the most fearsome beasts imaginable, to create a brood of the most foul, depraved, disfigured and evil warp spawn ever concieved by mortals, birthed from an infernal wound, wrought by sick minds (mine, all of them). They will be trained and indoctrinated, with scourge and magic  if necessary and the failures be reprocessed so their power and inner fire is  not lost, pumped back into the mother through fiendish machines and dire mechanisms of the darkest dwarven psyche.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2012, 01:23:00 pm »

Sounds like a demonic version of frank herbert's "axlotl tanks".

Creepy.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2012, 01:33:13 pm »

Clearly we need to capture her and breed her with the most fearsome beasts imaginable, to create a brood of the most foul, depraved, disfigured and evil warp spawn ever concieved by mortals, birthed from an infernal wound, wrought by sick minds (mine, all of them). They will be trained and indoctrinated, with scourge and magic  if necessary and the failures be reprocessed so their power and inner fire is  not lost, pumped back into the mother through fiendish machines and dire mechanisms of the darkest dwarven psyche.

Someone already did that. You can see the results here.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2012, 02:44:15 pm »

I can picture a movie out of this - maybe not being an elephant monster but a perceived villian, some disfigured humanoid, that enlists in a war. Kills well. Some where along the line, there is an argument, betrayal, or a craving of power and he imprisoned. While there, flashbacks of becoming physically scarred and a realization that he is lonely - maybe a possible love interest. Eventually escaping, he kills again out of anger and eventually meets his doom. Yeah... something like that.

Love interest you say?
She was NOT the only one of her kind. There was a male... who died some 40 years after her rampage began. Murdered by one of his goblin underlings.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2012, 02:51:24 pm »

But demons don't have child tags, right?  Being custom fabbed by the worldgen process, and being immortal?

Short of making a "demon specific" syndrome (contracted "love" disorder! How debilitating to a demon!) That forces those tags on, I don't see how you could make a breeding pair.  Wouldn't they need [wifeable] too, or does that only apply to nightcreature spouces?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2012, 03:17:08 pm »

Spawn of Hellenistic, read syreupleaf bro.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2012, 07:25:55 pm »

Heehee, 'Hellenistic'

They're Greek?

Yeah, the Spawn of Holistic Detective are nasty. Easily as strong as demons, and they sieged in greater numbers too.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2012, 07:10:17 am »

Already read the greats. Boatmurdered, Syrupleaf, Headshoots. But i don't feel as though "lol this is like syrupleaf" is as good as a mad scientists diary of horror.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2012, 07:14:31 am »

Anyway, Gedor Puzzlesneaks would rival Holistic Detective herself. (Actually, if the whole '+1 enemies killed adds to strength still stands, then Gedor is likely an unstoppable force to rival the gods. Holistic only had about 80 notables.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9