Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Breach  (Read 233251 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Breach
« Reply #495 on: May 02, 2012, 06:25:32 pm »

though now I'm more likely to mess around with 173 than anything.

Can't wait till the modding community puts a saddle on him.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #496 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:08 pm »

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:56:39 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 03, 2012, 08:24:42 pm »

SCP-1333-J needs to be in the game. OR IS HE ALREADY THERE?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #498 on: May 03, 2012, 08:42:58 pm »

Scp-001-j was the whole reason for the foundation.

To kill 682 put him in a vehicle with Dr. Gerald because Gerald will somehow manage to kill it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:04:02 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 03, 2012, 09:21:26 pm »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 03, 2012, 10:36:49 pm »

-____-J was always my favourite.

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Of course it's not safe! What are you, an ELF?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 03, 2012, 11:22:29 pm »

To kill 682 put him in a vehicle with Dr. Gerald because Gerald will somehow manage to kill it.

That sounds like a terrible comedy movie.
Small elves in your beard. The STD of the Dwarven world.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #502 on: May 04, 2012, 01:58:57 am »

It won't.

It's pretty much the process at the site, if you come up with a possible way to kill 682, you must also describe how it fails to do so.

For example, here's one of the termination attempts, taken from the SCP site.

"Item: SCP-826, equipped with one (1) copy of "The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Can And Will Kill SCP-682 Permanently if it So Much As Spots That Damn Lizard", a 12-page short story written by Dr. ██████, detailing a large, friendly monster that is stated to be capable of permanently killing SCP-682, and 1 (one) D-Class personnel (D-682-32) equipped with 1 (one) 2010 Ducati Multistrada motorcycle for the purpose of evading SCP-682.

Tissue Test Record:
N/A

Termination Test Record:
Story is put between SCP-826, and placed into large, empty room ██m X ██m X ██m in dimension, with a remotely operated doorway large enough to send SCP-682 through. SCP-682 is brought in front of the entryway securely. Once researchers clear the area, door is remotely opened, exposing a green pasture similar to the one described in the story. SCP-682 is reluctant to go through, so D-682-32 is sent through as "Bait". 682 follows through doorway, whereupon the doorway closes behind them. 30 minutes later, SCP-682 bursts back through the door it was sent through, somewhat worse for wear, killing ██ researchers and ██ agents in the process. Recovery personnel describe the story's pasture as having become a "Battleground", featuring impact craters with enormous body parts scattered around. Parts are thought to be from the story's "Thing". Recovered story is retitled "The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Tried To Kill SCP-682 Permanently But Failed" , and is noticeably thicker, with 209 individual pages that detail an epic battle between the two monsters.

Additional attempts to coax SCP-682 into SCP-826 have been met with non-compliance on SCP-682's part."

682 literally cannot be killed by anything. The most you can do is contain it. Put it in a vehicle with Gerald, it'll survive somehow.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 04, 2012, 06:19:49 am »

This game needs 1234-J. It should kill you in a way which takes moderate difficulty to avoid.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 04, 2012, 11:05:04 am »

SCP-085 would give a nice plot tone, imo.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 04, 2012, 07:24:39 pm »

I got a second SCP video up! I realize that my Let's Plays are not very engaging; I'm working on it though, I promise!

It should be interesting to see how the amount of views on the second video stacks up to the amount of views on the first...

Anyways, here's a little linky.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #507 on: May 04, 2012, 10:17:11 pm »

I got a pretty good idea that'll especially surprise some people that have played this game a fair bit and "got used" to the atmosphere, and especially scare the crap out of newbies. In the next update, extremely rare, but an awesome interface screw to sneak in:

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 05, 2012, 12:37:26 am »

Personally, if the game involved other NPCs like guards and D-class subjects, SCP-370 would make a decent plot carrying device.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #509 on: May 05, 2012, 06:21:10 am »

I got a pretty good idea that'll especially surprise some people that have played this game a fair bit and "got used" to the atmosphere, and especially scare the crap out of newbies. In the next update, extremely rare, but an awesome interface screw to sneak in:

Well hell, suggest that in the game's forums, not here :P. It does sound pretty good though.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54