Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Breach  (Read 233257 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Breach
« Reply #465 on: April 30, 2012, 08:58:36 am »

Yes you can. Find a place that has 173 and turn your back, or find 106 and just stand there. Alternatively, watch that one screen.

Hey, you never specified who the monster was.

Speaking of which why is that screen so funky? There aren't supposed to be any cameras that have visual contact to the coffin so it should be safe.

It doesn't need physical contact, I'm pretty sure. It just has to be in proximity.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:19 am »

I'm pretty sure the cameras are placed far away enough to keep that from happening though.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 30, 2012, 11:21:35 am »

I'm pretty sure the cameras are placed far away enough to keep that from happening though.
Much of the wiki's fiction contains examples of SCPs entering a sort of active state during crises that causes them to behave a little more erratically than when in cold storage or laboratory conditions. While its entirely possibly that the cameras were safely positioned before the containment breach it entirely within the scope of the fiction for that state of affairs to have changed. Heck, 895 already has an addendum stating that the cameras had to be moved further out after a minor containment failure.
... and then it explodes!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 30, 2012, 06:34:44 pm »

So, is the coffin just a dead end or what?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 30, 2012, 06:37:42 pm »

Apparently so, I managed to get to it after some savescumming, but I don't think there's anything beyond, the maintenance tunnels seems to lead nowhere different either.

Is it bad that I know most of the images the guy used for the coffin effect? lol
Pretty sure one is smiledog.jpg, and one made with parts of it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 30, 2012, 06:44:19 pm »

What would be nice is if there was a "bloom" kind of effect from the monitor, except instead of oh it's glowy, make it so horrible images and tendrils start spilling out of it.  Pretty soon it looks like there's some horrible monster about to escape from the screen, and the screen itself is some disturbing portal to another place (ie, instead of flat, you see through it like a portal--but the terrible images are actively crawling out of it).

You can't /really/ show a player images that are so terrible they want to claw their eyes out, but that could at least look pretty disturbing...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 30, 2012, 06:50:28 pm »

I might do a video let's play of this to put on my youtube channel. It has great replay value because of the randomization, and I think I could squeeze a few let's plays out of it.

I'm also really enjoying this game. I have yet to stop jumping when shit comes up and beats me down.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 30, 2012, 06:53:22 pm »

Yea I guess using imagery from stuff like horror brain and the grifter would put the game's rating way up at 18 :P
It could use some better efects now, its startling, but not really scary. Even PewDiePie wasn't afraid of them and stared until he died.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 30, 2012, 06:54:15 pm »

I might do a video let's play of this to put on my youtube channel.

I'd watch it. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 30, 2012, 07:02:25 pm »

I might do a video let's play of this to put on my youtube channel. It has great replay value because of the randomization, and I think I could squeeze a few let's plays out of it.

I'm also really enjoying this game. I have yet to stop jumping when shit comes up and beats me down.

Feel free to drop a link when you do do it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 30, 2012, 09:54:25 pm »

I filmed the first let's play, ending in a purely meta death (the game crashed). I still have to do editing and change the file format so it doesn't clutter up my hard drive, but for the most part it's done. I have a metric fuckton of stuff to upload right now. I still have five penumbra let's play segments in seperate folders, awaiting editing. I put up two Penumbra let's plays today.

Why am I even telling this in this thread? I'll just go make one for my let's plays in the play with your buddies board.

Anyways I'll link to the video when it's all ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:27 pm »

Thanks. I've been looking for a good LP of this, so I'll be awaiting the link. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:35 pm »

So apparently http://www.scp-wiki.net/ finally noticed this project (check the news 4/30/12)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 30, 2012, 10:55:46 pm »

What would be nice is if there was a "bloom" kind of effect from the monitor, except instead of oh it's glowy, make it so horrible images and tendrils start spilling out of it.  Pretty soon it looks like there's some horrible monster about to escape from the screen, and the screen itself is some disturbing portal to another place (ie, instead of flat, you see through it like a portal--but the terrible images are actively crawling out of it).

You can't /really/ show a player images that are so terrible they want to claw their eyes out, but that could at least look pretty disturbing...
Much more sinister would be for it to make you see illusory SCPs, indistinguishable from the real ones. Technically harmless, but will sure scare you shitless. And not so harmless if you also happen to be near real SCPs.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 01, 2012, 02:07:35 am »

*Door opens and TWO 173s are standing there*
NOPE!
*quit*
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54