Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werecreature speed loss (.34.05)  (Read 885 times)

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
Werecreature speed loss (.34.05)
« on: March 09, 2012, 11:25:45 am »

Sorry if there's another thread for it already. I couldn't find one. Similarly to the vampire speed loss problem, it would appear turning into a werecreature significantly slows down a fast adventurer even in non-were form. Eg. speed 2000 elf -> speed 1200 elf part-time werecat (I know, but it's hard enough even with one in this version).

In both .04 and .05. Any ideas on how to fix it? I'll try training my wereform heavily but I'm not sure if that'll help.
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Werecreature speed loss (.34.05)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:03:44 pm »

It's the same with vampires and necromancers, but no one seems to know what causes it.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.