Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building Floors  (Read 548 times)

boathouse2112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Building Floors
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:39:43 pm »

My colony has recently had a surplus of logs so i decided to pave my meeting room floor in luscious cedar... only problem i the freaking k-tool selecting. Is there a way to mass select (think area dumping)?

Edit:

I'm trying to find a mass floor building feature

Edit 2:

that was it wierd- thx... feel free to lock this thread
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:49:41 pm by boathouse2112 »

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
Re: Building Floors
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:43:01 pm »

What? You're trying to build a floor via dumping? I don't get it...

To answer your question though, you can mass dump with d-b-d

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:47:12 pm »

I think he wants to micropile all the cedar.

Personally, I would build the dump site, (remove all others too), then dump via the stocks menu.

This ensures only the cedar gets dumped.

When it arrives, use d,b,c to re(c)laim the logs in the dump site.

This is helpful to push the desired material to the top of the list, since it will be the closest.

talysman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 08:55:48 pm »

Are you building the floor one tile at a time?

If so, consider using the hukm keys to expand the size of the floor before selecting materials. All the cedar should be lumped together in the materials list, so you just need to hit Enter a bunch of times.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:03:41 pm »

Micropiling has other effects besides just pushing the material to the top of the list. It also radically increases construction time by reducing the number of steps the mason/carpenter has to take to build each floor tile. 

Personally though, I wouldn't use wood as a construction material.  Far too useful as windmill, waterwheel, and machine axle material.

Use spammed out clay brick, or glass block instead.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 09:04:44 pm »

Are you building the floor one tile at a time?

If so, consider using the hukm keys to expand the size of the floor before selecting materials. All the cedar should be lumped together in the materials list, so you just need to hit Enter a bunch of times.
Nope.  Select up to a 10x10 rectangle of floor to build (as you stated, Talysman), then move the cursor to your cedar blocks and press Shift+Enter to have it use as many of the selected material as possible (or needed). :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"