Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fixing old bugs!  (Read 1736 times)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fixing old bugs!
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:54:57 am »

We're going to start mixing in fixes for older problems to these releases now

Fingers crossed that the clothing bug gets fixed! The days of nudist forts where I abandon in disgust will soon be over, as will the days of obsolete textile industries!

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing old bugs!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:22:56 am »

You should make everyone military anyway. That way they'll have better protection + they can use waterskins for less drinking downtime!

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:27:18 am »

I hope he fixes the large gem and gem item bug. It's frustrating having to designate them to be dumped after trading and making sure my magma garbage disposal is safely locked.

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:36:37 am »

You should make everyone military anyway. That way they'll have better protection + they can use waterskins for less drinking downtime!
Well... but... ummm...
they can use waterskins for less drinking downtime!
Why the hell did I never thought of that? It's so obvious!
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 10:00:29 am »

Hopefull for the world-invading "stagnant" water tiles bug too

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 10:16:09 am »

I'd like to see clothing fixed more than anything else right now, but imo that's best done at the same time in-fort economy is fixed as well.  Let them actually BUY their clothes and then wear them!

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:18:07 am »

I'd like to see clothing fixed more than anything else right now, but imo that's best done at the same time in-fort economy is fixed as well.  Let them actually BUY their clothes and then wear them!
Problem is the economy is such a huge thing.

A short term fix for cloths is needed. Then he can do economy stuff.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 10:21:50 am »

Two bugs I would like to see handled:

1) Owned items can be moved by other dorfs or ownership is automatically revoked if its left sitting around on the floor for longer than a season.
2) Dorfs will be more aggressive at cleaning up messes, even messes that are outside. Perhaps the best way to handle this would be through the orders menu.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 10:23:10 am »

A cleaning designation would be astounding, yes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 11:43:25 am »

A cleaning designation would be astounding, yes...

This, for Luna's sake. I'd forgotten how painful a fortress without dfhack could be, once you had a couple years worth of dried blood all over the place. Or at least make it a higher priority than standing around with No Job.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 08:23:52 pm »

FLUX STONE. DEAR GOD FLUX STONE.

I've had SO many embarks where the find tool came back with tons of sites with flux stone, but not once has it been listed under layers, nor listed under prospect. I've never played a game with flux stone.

Uronym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »

He needs to fix the embark screen, I think there should at least be an option to see what kinds of http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Stone_layers you have, or, better yet, the stone and metals themselves. I don't like it when I see Shalow Metals Deep Metals Flux Stone and there's no flux, or it's a tiny pocket in the middle of the earth, nowhere to be found, or the Shallow Metals means sphalerite and cinnabar..

I am very pleased to see him fix the taming bug, though.

Also, it would be nice if cleaning was an option in the [d]esignations menu, so you can clean where you want.
What I think we're saying is we need dwarves to riot and break things more often.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 08:43:44 pm »

A designation menu option for cleaning would probably be best anway.

As it is now, imagine if the overzealous ceaning crew cleans up all the purposefully muddy tiles you just made for your farming rooms.

Designating "yo, urist, clean this sh*t up!" And pointing at the deadly yellow goo that got tracked in would be handy, without risking collateral damage.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 09:18:23 pm »

Two bugs I would like to see handled:

1) Owned items can be moved by other dorfs or ownership is automatically revoked if its left sitting around on the floor for longer than a season.
2) Dorfs will be more aggressive at cleaning up messes, even messes that are outside. Perhaps the best way to handle this would be through the orders menu.

i like the first idea but dorfs cleaning up messes outside would be to time consuming if you ask me. Ever send try to cleanup the aftermath of a siege? not fun
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 09:25:51 pm »

Im very happy hes fixing the exotic pet bug. next on my list would be the annoying dorfs throwing their shit everywhere after they join the military and then it clutters the whole fort up. after that cleaning. but what i would really like to see is designation patters. you could think of them more like a stamp. so when you are making a room with 1 entrance and 3x3 you could kinda just "stamp" them down the hallway you already designated. it would save alot of time

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:31:11 pm by gunnarig »
Pages: [1] 2