Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Im bored  (Read 1204 times)

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Im bored
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:03:33 pm »

Its year 3 of my embark, ive got 184000 dwarf bucks, and a population of 73. All ive had of danger is alot of snatchers and thiefs. Why am i not getting any ambushes?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Im bored
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:05:30 pm »

i dont think ambushes happen until you hit 80 pop cap

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 11:06:23 pm »

i dont think ambushes happen until you hit 80 pop cap

In the last version i got them at 20 dwarfs.
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

gunnarig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:16:58 pm »

then you might not have hostile goblins close to you. but anyways i was thinking sieges.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 11:22:29 pm »

You've only got 184000 wealth in 3 years? That's probably why you're not getting ambushes, your created wealth is so low that it's not attracting them. Get some metal industry set up and the wealth will start pouring in; weapons and armor are both extremely useful and very precious. You should be able to break 1 million by the end of your 4th summer, and that will start attracting ambushers.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Kurnic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 12:25:47 am »

Fortress Defense Mod mate. Never boring anymore

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 12:29:37 am »

yeah, ambushes/sieges/migrants even caravans all tie into wealth, at less than 1 mil you wont see many of them, at more then one billion you wont be able to not have a siege.

if your wondering how i wound up with 1 million wealth, all i had was hematite, native platinum, native gold, and marble.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 12:38:48 am »

Welp. I just got 5 ambushes at one time  :P Im dead now. Time for Fortress defense!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 12:39:21 am »

Welp. I just got 5 ambushes at one time  :P Im dead now. Time for Fortress defense!

for some reason im inclined to bring up the point of jinxing yourself by complaining.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 12:40:27 am »

for some reason im inclined to bring up the point of jinxing yourself by complaining.

Hey It was !!FUN!! Though :P

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 12:54:34 am »

and thats whats important.

!!FUN!! and ‼FUN‼ are different btw. (yes seriously, im going to tell you this without telling you how to do it‼) enjoy.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 01:01:59 am »

and thats whats important.

!!FUN!! and ‼FUN‼ are different btw. (yes seriously, im going to tell you this without telling you how to do it‼) enjoy.

Thats mean :P

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 11:31:05 pm »

I'm creating an artifact a la Planepacked, which works well in combinatin with my digging out z-levels for storage. I'll be gettin' !!FUN!! soon...
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 11:46:50 pm »

Ya, I had a fort a few forts ago, almost immediately started getting 60+ goblins per year in ambushes, then the sieges started, pushed me over 100 goblins per year. Was pretty !!FUN!!, until the Tundra Titan came, then it became very ‼FUN‼ :p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?