Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advice on bleeding  (Read 406 times)

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advice on bleeding
« on: March 07, 2012, 06:49:49 am »

I've got a fort with some vampires, ruled by a vampire and I've made a little fortress with a single well.

I managed to get 10-15 dwarves to become vampires, including some children. But the problem is that the donor vampire either stays in not the correct place (1 out of 2 tiles) and he doesn't quite bleed enough.
I have a 2x1 room to be filled with water, when the donor vampire got in, and both tiles have 2 menacing spears.
I've only managed to get probably 2 or 3 buckets full bloody water (hence the 10-15 vampires)

Is there some kickass solution in order to provide the most blood inside the well water? (I am going to build a water slide to get the donor into the right tile, so that's not a problem).
I am not on an evil embark, so I can't use any kind of evil rain or whatever.
Also the first donor lost an ear on exactly the right spot, but this did not replenish the blood.

So I hope someone has some advice, rather then using the newly turned vampires as donors.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:23:03 am »

What about a 1-tile well, set as a pond so it gets refilled from another water source (which you keep locked away most of the time)?
I had a 4 tile long well reservoir and still got 30 vampires (out of 220 dwarves) but water flow wiped out the blood pretty fast when a little was taken out.  With a 1-tile well, seems like the pool of blood would never wash away.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on bleeding
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:25:05 am »

What about a 1-tile well, set as a pond so it gets refilled from another water source (which you keep locked away most of the time)?
I had a 4 tile long well reservoir and still got 30 vampires (out of 220 dwarves) but water flow wiped out the blood pretty fast when a little was taken out.  With a 1-tile well, seems like the pool of blood would never wash away.

That might be a better solution of refilling the bloody water, I'll give it a try.
I refilled the water by a floodgate, which might be a bit too much and washes away the blood.