Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Dragon blighted ash husk  (Read 1483 times)

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Dragon blighted ash husk
« on: March 06, 2012, 05:21:23 am »

Well, I just got myself into an interesting situation. I got myself husked for the first time, early on in my adventuring as well, and I thought - hey, cool! I can make use of this to go straight for that dragon I found out about, rather than slowly working my way up through the quest chains.

There's one slight problem: I was still covered in blighted ash. So, when I started to fight the dragon, it wasn't long before it, too, became a husk. Now, this WAS a great way to train myself up. A little TOO good, perhaps. The dragon husk will not die. I'm now at legendary +14 swordsman, legendary +2 wrestling, master striker, decent biter/kicker/misc. object user, and legendary +31 fighter. Almost ALL of that from the dragon, too. The dragon lost its feet, then its tail, then its legs, its GUTS, its teeth, basically everything but its head, upper body, and lower body. But that last bit of butchery? Not happening.

I've heard that husks CAN be killed by severing the lower body, right? Any idea if that's possible to accomplish on a dragon in vanilla? I'm currently using an iron scimitar, but I'm thinking that a masterpiece candy battleaxe, or a good-quality iron two-handed sword or greataxe, would be a bit more effective. At the very least, I might be able to get that head off, which I kind of want to do.

And other than just killing the thing or using it as a training dummy for future adventurers, any ideas as to what I should do with it? One obvious idea that comes to mind is to start a fortress on the site and try to turn it into a dragonfire-spewing trap of some sort.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: The Dragon blighted ash husk
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:52:24 am »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 07:32:34 am »

I don't think it can spew dragonfire in it's current state. Being a husk.

Decapitate it fully and finish it's existence! Husks are like the Terminator! But, husky. You get the point.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:57:53 am »

I don't think it can spew dragonfire in it's current state. Being a husk.

You'd think so, but it still spewed plenty of dragonfire at me, even after being husked. Managed to get my fat melted right off, as well!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 08:02:01 am »

Huh, my dragons are being generous in their adventurer-inflammability protocol then. They like ripping me up with their teeth and mouth instead.

I just hope that, if you leave it alone, it will remain in it's lair. Then you can embark-fort on it. Though it will be slower due to the massive loss of limbs.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 08:07:55 am »

Huh, my dragons are being generous in their adventurer-inflammability protocol then. They like ripping me up with their teeth and mouth instead.

I just hope that, if you leave it alone, it will remain in it's lair. Then you can embark-fort on it. Though it will be slower due to the massive loss of limbs.
Steal its limbs before leaving ?

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...