Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Someone is Wrong on the Internet Thread: Stephen Harper for President Edition  (Read 6010 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

BTW, I'd like to volunteer to be Viceroy of Vancouver after the conquest.

You may take our bike lanes, but you'll never take our supervised injection site!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Redking, wait until you start getting some of our plastic hundred (and soon other denomination) dollar bills.

That shit'll blow your miiiiiind.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm going to vouch and say  that  there'salmostnothing  wrong with the internet :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

No, see foreign bills are hard to slip into the money supply, because we don't have that multicolored Monopoly money like Europe and Australia. If it ain't green, it's not going to be accepted. But coinage we don't really look at. We base it mostly on size and color. The Canadian quarter is virtually the same size and color as the US quarter, the Canadian dime is pretty close to the US dime, the Canadian penny is about the same size and material (copper) as the US penny, etc.

At least Australia can't do that, because their coins are just weird:P
The $2 coin is tiny like a dime but massively thick. And it looks like it's made out of brass. That'd stick out like a sore thumb here.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Canadian penny is about the same size and material (copper) as the US penny, etc.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nickel-Silver, not copper.

Also the UK's monetary system is pretty much all coins, sounds awesome until it starts weighing you down...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, see foreign bills are hard to slip into the money supply, because we don't have that multicolored Monopoly money like Europe and Australia.

Which one is Canada?

Also, on the topic: I work in a gas station, and it's the funniest thing in the world getting Americans who can't figure out our change. It's almost exactly the same, except we have a 1 and 2 dollar coin. I can't even imagine what is going through their heads.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

No, see foreign bills are hard to slip into the money supply, because we don't have that multicolored Monopoly money like Europe and Australia.

Which one is Canada?

Also, on the topic: I work in a gas station, and it's the funniest thing in the world getting Americans who can't figure out our change. It's almost exactly the same, except we have a 1 and 2 dollar coin. I can't even imagine what is going through their heads.
Those are the people that can't figure out change in the States, either.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

There's a 1$ coin in the States. It just so happens that some people can't seem to figure it out here either.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

We need to replace all the bills with coins and then introduce crazy shit like 16.34$ coins just to fuck with the rest of the world.

And then when they're confused we assassinate their leadership and rule the world with an iron fist.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

And then when they're confused we assassinate their leadership and rule the world with an iron fist.

We in Eagleland already have the confusion and assassination down pat, but for some reason we never get around to 3, instead opting for a squishy fist made of paper money. Yet another reason for all nations to switch to coinage: ruling with a nickel fist! Or possibly gold, if certain parties had their way.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

We need to replace all the bills with coins and then introduce crazy shit like 16.34$ coins just to fuck with the rest of the world.

And then when they're confused we assassinate their leadership and rule the world with an iron cupronickel fist.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I just want to say one word to you. Just one word.

Plastics.

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Which one is Canada?
Europe.  You can tell 'cuz they both use that commie frenchy-speak.

Also, this seems like a good place to bring up Canada annexing the western half of Washington again.  We'd all be fine with it, so no resistance, plus you guys get Seattle and Boeing.  Economically speaking, you can't afford NOT to invade.  Just make sure to let Barbarossa TSG jump the border if he wants to afterwards.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The united states is more likely to bisect itself in multiple, smaller nations, before you get your greasy hands on any other countries.  :P

You better go get playing Europa Universalis 3 to fulfill that dreamy, amhurrika.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4