Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125672 times)

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.1 *Better Vamipres, Werebeasts and Necromancers!*
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2012, 01:54:12 pm »

What's the difference betewwn minor vampires and lesser vamps? Are minor vamps those vampire lords you were talking about?

No, no, Minor vampires are essentially a (very) slightly buffed version of the Vanilla DF vampires, but they have a few less tags (I do believe they still have to sleep, and they don't have immunity to nausea and stuff) and 1 of 3 basic abilities. Lesser Vampires are significantly more powerful, and have more abilities, 3 each in fact. Vampire Lords are SemiMegabeasts that roam around and try to accumulate power, and whose bites turn sentients into one of 3 types of lesser vampire.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2012, 01:57:25 pm »

Am I the only one who's not getting any special powers? After installing the mod the only difference from vanilla that I see is that there are minor vampires and just vampires but after I become one I don't get any powers. Haven't tried necromancers or werebeasts yet but can you tell why this is not working. I checked the raws and all the mod files are there.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2012, 02:13:46 pm »

Am I the only one who's not getting any special powers? After installing the mod the only difference from vanilla that I see is that there are minor vampires and just vampires but after I become one I don't get any powers. Haven't tried necromancers or werebeasts yet but can you tell why this is not working. I checked the raws and all the mod files are there.
Check bugs section. First Post. It's a known bug, and it happens in vanilla too, it's just not as noticeable. Try redownloading DF and re-installing whatever mods you have active (for me this bug occurs when I change the raws a LOT when I'm testing things). It seems to only affect ingestion sources for interactions, so if you (for some reason) really don't want to redownload DF, you should still be able to become a werebeast or necromancer (or vampire if bitten by an ancient or a lord). Also, you shouldn't have any regular vampires if you're using one of the preset worldgen files, and regular vampires still have no extra powers. This is because they are generated when the world is made, with no way to adjust their stats and abilities, so if you're trying to become a regular vampire, you're still going to be weak.

Instructions for use are in the readme, and the original post, and the wimbli description. Just use (under advanced worldgen) "FTN <world size>" and it'll remove all the vanilla werebeasts, vampires and necromancers for you.

By the way, if you export the detailed world files, you can get the seeds the worldgen used to make whatever world you have, and use them again to produce that same (or at least very similar) world in the re-downloaded DF.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:17:25 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2012, 02:19:34 pm »

Check bugs section. First Post. It's a known bug, and it happens in vanilla too, it's just not as noticeable. Try redownloading DF and re-installing whatever mods you have active (for me this bug occurs when I change the raws a LOT when I'm testing things). It seems to only affect ingestion sources for interactions, so if you (for some reason) really don't want to redownload DF, you should still be able to become a werebeast or necromancer (or vampire if bitten by an ancient or a lord). Also, you shouldn't have any regular vampires if you're using one of the preset worldgen files, and regular vampires still have no extra powers. This is because they are generated when the world is made, with no way to adjust their stats and abilities, so if you're trying to become a regular vampire, you're still going to be weak.

Instructions for use are in the readme, and the original post, and the wimbli description. Just use (under advanced worldgen) "FTN <world size>" and it'll remove all the vanilla werebeasts, vampires and necromancers for you.
Thanks, I somehow managed to miss the part about preset worldgen files when I was reading the installation guide.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2012, 02:23:24 pm »

Thanks, I somehow managed to miss the part about preset worldgen files when I was reading the installation guide.
Hey don't worry about it. If you still have troubles, send me your save file, I want to see more worlds with the bug that stops ingestion sources for syndromes, so I can better understand the cause.

Just throw it into dropbox or something and post the link.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2012, 02:27:45 pm »

Hey don't worry about it. If you still have troubles, send me your save file, I want to see more worlds with the bug that stops ingestion sources for syndromes, so I can better understand the cause.

Just throw it into dropbox or something and post the link.
I deleted the save and reinstalled df already but I'll try to remember to give you the file if it happens again.

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »

I just found out that in my current game I can't get infected with the vampire curse. That save is what you wanted right? Also do you want the whole df folder or only the save file.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2012, 03:58:48 pm »

I just found out that in my current game I can't get infected with the vampire curse. That save is what you wanted right? Also do you want the whole df folder or only the save file.
Ok, Just zip the save folder and put it on dropbox. I'll take a look.

EDIT: mediafire will work too, and it's a bit easier

EDIT2: My god, what the hell, mediafire is completely different now. Umm, maybe just e-mail it to id-d996m@hotmail.com

EDIT3: After much googling (5 seconds) filedropper should work fine.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:03:37 pm by Xangi »
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2012, 04:25:00 pm »

I'll send the file to you tomorrow (or in the middle of the night by your time) because I have to get up early tomorrow and I need some rest.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2012, 04:31:47 pm »

I'll send the file to you tomorrow (or in the middle of the night by your time) because I have to get up early tomorrow and I need some rest.
Alright, I look forward to it.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2012, 05:45:11 am »

I discovered that for some reason the save I was supposed to send you is not bugged or the bug went away somehow but I am sure that i didn't turn into an vampire the first time I drank a vampires blood here's my legends page
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The first vampire didn't turn me into one but the second one did. The save file is just before I killed the second vampire: http://www.filedropper.com/region2

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2012, 11:54:56 am »

I discovered that for some reason the save I was supposed to send you is not bugged or the bug went away somehow but I am sure that i didn't turn into an vampire the first time I drank a vampires blood here's my legends page
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The first vampire didn't turn me into one but the second one did. The save file is just before I killed the second vampire: http://www.filedropper.com/region2
Interesting, then it must be a problem with the hist fig status as I expected. Did you talk to, then end, a conversation with the second one before attacking him? Also, this is Ironhand correct? I just need to make sure, because if I try to run it in my (regular ascii) DF, and it's for ironhand, it might not work.

EDIT: Oh, it's been 6 hours... well, I guess I'll just try it in ironhand then...
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2012, 12:13:38 pm »

This is phoebus and this is how my game vent. I already had seen the lesser vampires and I really wanted to try a stronger one but I only kept finding minors and lessers. I killed the first lesser vampire Mistir and got his blood one me in case I am dying and need to heal. After traveling to find a major vamp i got ambushed and wounded so I drank the vampire blood I had on me but it didn't work then I made the forum post about finding the bug, made a backup of the save and continued playing. After finding the second vampire and killing him I descovered that I can turn into a vampire. Then I loaded the save again and tried to fast travel thinking that it caused the bug before but even after doing that drinking the blood still worked so I don't know why it didn't work with the first vampire but did with the second one. I did not cross any rivers and even if I had crossed any then the blood would have washed off.

Edit: I can actually speak and understand english well but when I write something than it's really hard to understand even if I myself am reading it so if you have trouble understanding me just ask.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:17:27 pm by Keff »

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »

This is phoebus and this is how my game vent. I already had seen the lesser vampires and I really wanted to try a stronger one but I only kept finding minors and lessers. I killed the first lesser vampire Mistir and got his blood one me in case I am dying and need to heal. After traveling to find a major vamp i got ambushed and wounded so I drank the vampire blood I had on me but it didn't work then I made the forum post about finding the bug, made a backup of the save and continued playing. After finding the second vampire and killing him I descovered that I can turn into a vampire. Then I loaded the save again and tried to fast travel thinking that it caused the bug before but even after doing that drinking the blood still worked so I don't know why it didn't work with the first vampire but did with the second one. I did not cross any rivers and even if I had crossed any then the blood would have washed off.

Edit: I can actually speak and understand english well but when I write something than it's really hard to understand even if I myself am reading it so if you have trouble understanding me just ask.
I live in America dude (Recently moved from Canada), this is like poetry compared to half the English I read. I think it must be something to do with the historical figure status of the character. Next time, try starting, then ending, a conversation with them so that they appear with their name in the "L"ook menu, then accuse them. Might help, but I'm still not entirely sure of the cause.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Keff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2012, 12:56:28 pm »

I live in America dude (Recently moved from Canada), this is like poetry compared to half the English I read. I think it must be something to do with the historical figure status of the character. Next time, try starting, then ending, a conversation with them so that they appear with their name in the "L"ook menu, then accuse them. Might help, but I'm still not entirely sure of the cause.
I actually do that to check if it's the right vampire I'm going to kill or not
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25