Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Assaulting upper layers of a necro tower... help  (Read 4544 times)

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assaulting upper layers of a necro tower... help
« on: March 05, 2012, 05:09:47 pm »

ok, so by throwing a metric f-ton of daggers and rocks at the zombies and necromancers on the ground floor, I was able to slay them all and their zombie counterparts. Now, I'm having an issue on the second floor. I can't get the corspes to chase me downstairs so I can kite them, and there is no way in hell I can beat 40 corpses at once (even as a legendary dodger). What do I do?
A gem-encrusted sock is perfect for ass-kicking.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assaulting upper layers of a necro tower... help
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:17:44 pm »

I would get the zombies to follow me outside the tower, and then run far away. Some would chase me, and I could kill them easily. I would keep this up, in differring directions incase the necromancer followed. I'd try that.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:25:29 pm »

Erhm... I think he just wrote that zombies won't follow him down the stairs. So what you describe is impossible. He knows it too.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:32:40 pm »

Ok, so I got them to follow me by sneaking, popping it them running like a scared baby. Hopefully i can clear this wave without too much trouble, the one problem i have Is that my tower has like 10 necros and they keep raising eachother

Ugh, one thing I really don't like about zombies is that they dodge every meele shot even at nearly legendary fighter/swordsman, and yet a dabbling thrower can brain them easily  ???

They should be less good at dodging, I mean, they are undead!

EDIT: Got a new problem. There is a zombie standing on the stair to the second floor now, and he won't come down, he won't attack me nor can I hit him. What do i do?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:47:31 pm by Darkfyre »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 06:49:44 pm »

Throw, throw throw! Seriously, just throw something into it.

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:53:49 pm »

Turns out there are a lot more zombies on the second floor. God, I hate the fast ones. I'm forced to cut down on the number of throwing daggers I carry because the gobbos move so damn quick

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 04:57:59 am »

Throwing is still ridiculously out of sync with other skills (I mean, you are unable to touch a skilled foe in combat, but you can break his legs by throwing clay at him. WTF?) Still, after the game is a bit more fleshed out, and you can dig and build and mix and manufacture, I believe the game will give us the tools we need to fight the hordes of zombies - GRENADES!!!
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 05:00:26 am »

Wait, how are zombies difficult to hit?  My versions the outdated DFVD, did something change that drastically? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 02:15:58 pm »

Burn them out!
use a tree to set fire to the bodys from the lower floors,throw !!bodyparts!! at zombies.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 02:43:33 pm »

Wait, how are zombies difficult to hit?  My versions the outdated DFVD, did something change that drastically?

When something dies, they retain their combat stats, even when raised over and over. so many zombies are legendary fighters. This problem worsens the longer the history of the world.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 09:23:03 pm »

When something dies, they retain their combat stats, even when raised over and over. so many zombies are legendary fighters. This problem worsens the longer the history of the world.

Yup, I lost a pretty skilled adventurer at a necro tower once, and that particular zombie pretty quickly killed my next guy, as well. Although I haven't had too much trouble against zombies one-on-one in the year 250. Usually, I only die when they wind up surrounding me.

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 11:18:27 pm »

The problem is not their hit rate (which is piss poor) its their dodging skill. For some reason, zombies always have absurd dodging skills. It must be due to the number of times they fight villages in legends and slaughter peasants who are terrible at hitting. HOWEVER, on the topic of hit rate, it seems that every time a zombie does manage to hit me, they do stupid damage (like brain me, cut a leg off, etc.)

Toadburger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 12:27:13 am »

You need to draw out the necromancers and kill them. The zombies can wait.

Jeremy66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 01:42:27 am »

Fighting zombies didn't seem all too hard to me. Get your primary defensive skill up (I recommend shield use over dodging, because dodging into a pillar/wall will end you) and engage the zombies one at a time. If there are necromancers present, kill them first at all costs. Should there not be any necros present, simply go for the easiest hit you can. I've collapsed zombies by taking off a finger, for example. Your attacks don't have to be particularly crippling, they just have to connect. That's how it worked for me, at any rate. Any way, if you have the choice between a blunt attack and a sharp attack, I recommend the blunt. Even with a sword, take slaps and hilt strikes over slashes. The less loose body parts, the less a wandering necromancer can raise at you. Just my two cents anyway.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 02:06:40 am »

There is an exception to the blunt > edged rule, though. If you can sever legs or feet, it's usually worth it. Legs can't be reraised (unlike hands), and when the main body is reraised, it'll still be on the ground.
Pages: [1] 2