Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Medical bill is too expensive  (Read 5172 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Medical bill is too expensive
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 10:20:48 pm »

I dunno, it seems to me that trying to suture a wound with what amounts to incredibly-fine-yet-incredibly-strong metal wires would just turn the sutured flesh into hamburger.

Of course, I've never actually tried to suture a wound with what amounts to incredibly-fine-yet-incredibly-strong metal wires, so I guess my opinion doesn't mean much here.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 10:59:41 pm »

Afaik, they always try to choose the most valuable thread for suturing. I think it would be more reasonable if they stocked and used the closest one instead. Of course, being reasonable is not what we typically see in dwarves.

P.S. Elves aren't reasonable either. It is a human trait.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 11:57:37 pm »

I dunno, it seems to me that trying to suture a wound with what amounts to incredibly-fine-yet-incredibly-strong metal wires would just turn the sutured flesh into hamburger.

Of course, I've never actually tried to suture a wound with what amounts to incredibly-fine-yet-incredibly-strong metal wires, so I guess my opinion doesn't mean much here.

I've wondered about this too.  I've always thought that adamantine thread would be akin to cheese wire, or whatever monofilament is.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 12:26:45 am »

I've wondered about this too.  I've always thought that adamantine thread would be akin to cheese wire, or whatever monofilament is.

Actually, surgical steel is used for nonabsorbable multifilament sutures, and synthetic monofilaments like Caprosyn are also used. So it isn't unreasonable to assume that an entirely fictional metal which can be made into thread fine enough to weave into cloth would be usable for suturing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 04:33:25 am »

That would be awesome. The eccentric doctor swears by cave spider silk, and will use it above other threads whenever possible.

That would be incredibly awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 08:16:35 pm »

Hey guys, would magma be enough to reclaim the thread?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 08:22:45 pm »

I've never really minded the free usage of adamantine strands in healthcare. That would surely be the dwarf's choice for sutures, right? And you can collect the strands after the dwarf dies, as they remain in the inventory, sewn into the bodypart.

I might adjust my views now that forge job requirements are fixed, though. Haven't gone for admantine in the new releases yet.

Adamantine thread would be HORRIBLE for sutures.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 08:43:35 pm »

I've never really minded the free usage of adamantine strands in healthcare. That would surely be the dwarf's choice for sutures, right? And you can collect the strands after the dwarf dies, as they remain in the inventory, sewn into the bodypart.

I might adjust my views now that forge job requirements are fixed, though. Haven't gone for admantine in the new releases yet.

Adamantine thread would be HORRIBLE for sutures.
Amazing. You miss-spelt amazing.
Pages: 1 [2]