Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cavern Growth  (Read 465 times)

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cavern Growth
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:51:32 pm »

So I want to make my whole base as deep into the world as possible, even living side by side with magma and such.

But I want to know how deep its even possible to have a pasture, If I dig out a large area, and have already hit caverns will it begin to slowly fill with cave moss?
The best choice of restraint is therefore a good strong metal chain. A high-quality chain will also let the prisoner admire it, giving him a boost to his happiness.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Growth
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:54:31 pm »

Once you've discovered a cavern, moss that can be eaten by grazers will grow on any underground soil or muddied stone tile, no matter how deep or far away it is from the cavern breach. As long as you have flooded and drained an area and breached a cavern, it's suitable for grazers, or soon will be. Note that muddy moss and fungus looks identical to simple mud, though once a tree grows in a tile and is chopped down the tile will have become unmuddied soil.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Growth
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:57:36 pm »

Once you've discovered a cavern, moss that can be eaten by grazers will grow on any underground soil or muddied stone tile, no matter how deep or far away it is from the cavern breach. As long as you have flooded and drained an area and breached a cavern, it's suitable for grazers, or soon will be. Note that muddy moss and fungus looks identical to simple mud, though once a tree grows in a tile and is chopped down the tile will have become unmuddied soil.

Ok. So I muddy up a place for grazers, moss/trees/ect grow, any trees I cut down turn the tile into soil, but it all works out cause the mossy stuff will grow on mud or soil.

Interesting. Thank you!
The best choice of restraint is therefore a good strong metal chain. A high-quality chain will also let the prisoner admire it, giving him a boost to his happiness.