Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Games where you can be an AI  (Read 3876 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Games where you can be an AI
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:30:13 pm »

I currently have a craving to play as a crazy or even benevolent AI after playing a Fallout mod for HoI2, but it crashes way too much for my taste so it only served to whet my appetite, and figured that this is the best place to ask.
The only game that comes to mind so far is Space Station 13. Any other notable games?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Games where you can be an AI
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:05:46 pm »

You could run a game of Paranoia for the Steam Paranoia Roleplaying group.   :P

Although, the above isn't a computer game.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 10:28:18 pm »

There's Endgame: Singularity, of course. I keep wanting to make something similar but I don't think I could do the idea justice.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 10:44:52 pm »

There's Endgame: Singularity, of course. I keep wanting to make something similar but I don't think I could do the idea justice.

This game is awesomely niche. I'm glad you mentioned this, i've been meaning to mess around with it again recently!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:33:57 am »

Awesome game, a bit short but brilliant.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:50:23 am »

Space Station 13... but that's its own can of worms. It's a round-by-round, role-playing heavy game. If anybody's still playing it much, you still have to actually learn how to play, as the AI role is very important and requires you to know what you're doing.

But it's SO fun.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 02:02:53 am »

Well, its a bit silly though once you pass a certain point (what, how would they be able to discover my pocket universe and destroy it, and why would they even be a threat to me), and the fact that you have to take the peaceful route (especially once your powerful enough to destroy the earth/take over humanity) annoys me a little bit too.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:12:56 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 02:11:27 am »

Space Station 13... but that's its own can of worms. It's a round-by-round, role-playing heavy game. If anybody's still playing it much, you still have to actually learn how to play, as the AI role is very important and requires you to know what you're doing.

But it's SO fun.
Read the OP.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 09:21:19 pm »

Well, its a bit silly though once you pass a certain point (what, how would they be able to discover my pocket universe and destroy it, and why would they even be a threat to me), and the fact that you have to take the peaceful route (especially once your powerful enough to destroy the earth/take over humanity) annoys me a little bit too.
Yeah, some less out there avenues were also totally disregarded. If I have androids which can perfectly mimic humans, why can't I replace important people with them? I'd rather have a victory where I've replaced most of the population with androids undetected, or done something to make humans more accepting of artificial intelligence, or even outright enslaved them with force of arms, like hacking into norad or something of the sort. Could definitely benefit from a sequel or offshoots.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 01:55:46 am »

Yeah, some less out there avenues were also totally disregarded. If I have androids which can perfectly mimic humans, why can't I replace important people with them? I'd rather have a victory where I've replaced most of the population with androids undetected, or done something to make humans more accepting of artificial intelligence, or even outright enslaved them with force of arms, like hacking into norad or something of the sort. Could definitely benefit from a sequel or offshoots.

It was a bit short, I finished it in four hours.  After a certain point, it becomes less of a strategy game and more of a "wait for research to conclude and continue the story".

It also reminds me of a game I'd always wanted to see: Alien invasion/infiltration strategic simulator.  Not action simulator ala the Destroy All Humans series (a great game I suggest everyone try once).

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 02:12:14 am »

I can never get Endgame to run for it's Mac release.

Also its been like 2 years since there has been a release, is the game dead?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 02:47:04 am »

Probably. I think the developer even said so on their devblog.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 05:24:45 am »

What do you do once you
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
? How do you end the game? Did I already win?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 05:27:30 am »

You have won, and that is the end.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »

I've forgot about this game! it was simply awesome!
Pages: [1] 2