Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 55107 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - BACK IN ACTION
« Reply #390 on: May 24, 2012, 11:12:56 am »

Did you get an identical message Boski?

Because as far as I know, I'm the one with the blood-soaked pyramid.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 24, 2012, 01:43:03 pm »

But believe me, if I could sacrifice virgins to expand my dominion, I would be doing that right now.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 31, 2012, 11:55:01 am »

Oh my, this fellow looks interesting, and I have absolutely no idea what he is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since there's only two of us left now (though R'lyeh AI continues to be an annoyance), I'll probably try and post more frequently on things that both Boski and I know about
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:58:17 am by Karlito »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 31, 2012, 12:20:54 pm »

Not sure why I named him Elvis Presley, but the Grendelkin is pretty nice. And he's even better once you put some gear on him, although of course I'm not going to tell you what I put on him. You can check the CBM mod file if you want to know the base stats of the chassis, though.

Come to think of it, maybe I named him Elvis Presley because those scales kind of look like rhinestones. Or maybe it's because he looks like he's elvish.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 01, 2012, 12:04:39 pm »

Wait, Il Palazzo actually got taken out? 0_0

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 01, 2012, 05:54:53 pm »

No, he was never playing to begin with. R'lyeh is using his copy and you can only have one of each key in a multiplayer game.

And sorry about your gem throne, Boski. I'd have preferred to get rid of that damn Wild Hunt, but the RNG has the most voice in these matters. My long lived and much beloved prophet Ziggy Stardust was killed by the Lord of the Hunt this last turn. And it's a terrible nuisance to be losing a couple blood hunters every turns as well.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 03, 2012, 05:07:51 pm »

I'm just going to show this now, since I'm sure that astral window was Karlito's.

Also, I'd like to request an extension. Due to a meetup with my extended family tomorrow I don't think I'll have enough time to finish my turn.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 11, 2012, 06:49:53 pm »

The Lord of the Hunt is dead at my hand! The Towers of Chelms will fall this turn and will soon be followed by the dark city of R'lyeh! Do the people of the world have any hope left now that their only hope to defeat the Prince of Suffering is the Eater of Children? Patala's giant monstrosities roam freely through the land, but what darkness is being bred beneath Mictlan's bloodstained pyramids??

Find out next time, when I make a real update!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 15, 2012, 10:07:12 am »

So, is this still going? I just hit my college break and have tested some strategies, so any time a new game starts I'll be up for it :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 15, 2012, 10:10:57 am »

I just realized that the endgame summons mod thing was part of CBM in the past couple days (actually it was the Grendelkin what did it), so I'd be up for trying that out in multiplayer in the next match too. I know this one's still going, but we don't really know how it's going. Maybe some map screenshots or something? Even if it's just the whole map with ownership flags so we can get an idea of what it looks like? :D
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 15, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »

So, is this still going? I just hit my college break and have tested some strategies, so any time a new game starts I'll be up for it :P

I am a total rookie, but I'm game at the moment! :)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 15, 2012, 02:12:18 pm »

Boski and I have started slugging it out. I'm not sure which of his thugs are supposed to be "Project Kill Everything" and which aren't, but they get banished to hell just the same. I'll probably post some screenshots and writeups later.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 15, 2012, 04:09:47 pm »

I'd be willing to play in the next round. Robespierre had his share of fun already.
Right now, however, I've some exams to take. I should be free in a forthnight.
If anybody starts a game before I get to it, keep an open spot for old Palazzo.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 15, 2012, 04:18:40 pm »

Boski and I have started slugging it out. I'm not sure which of his thugs are supposed to be "Project Kill Everything" and which aren't, but they get banished to hell just the same. I'll probably post some screenshots and writeups later.
The only reason Disco Inferno got sent to the inferno is that the mummified corpse of Major Tom showed up and ruined everything. And even then it took him a long while to banish him, with Disco Inferno almost managing to kill the major first.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 15, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »

You guys.
You guys have such awesome names.

Dom3 is pretty great in its unit/spell/civ variety (obvious statement is obvious), but being able to say something like
The only reason Disco Inferno got sent to the inferno is that the mummified corpse of Major Tom showed up and ruined everything.
makes me love playing and reading about the games.

Edit: also, what WAS Major Tom before he was a mummy? Those are some nice stats.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29