Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 55177 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - RESTART IN PROGRESS
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2012, 09:03:45 pm »

Pre-edit: Ninja :-\

Woohoo got turns in. Boksi, I approve of your naming scheme.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The god Aboozaloopa and his prophet SKULLCRUSHER, THE FELL AND TERRIBLE. Awesome. Oh and SKULLCRUSHER, THE FELL AND TERRIBLE must be scary, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sigurd <--- most kills.
Also, name is so awesome it broke the interface.  :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:12:15 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - Early game
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2012, 11:37:47 am »

Map came while I was sleeping, so I sent my turn in now.

Are the independents on this map unusually tough? Am I supposed to be surrounded by 60-soldier defenses on all sides? Of course, I'll just stomp them all with my elephants, but still.

Everytime I look at that sprite, I see a hammer and sickle for a split second.
Which can only mean boksi is turning patala into a communist primate theocracy :o
What other government could justify throwing hordes of innocent little monkeys into battle as cannon fodder? I mean, that's pretty much all they're useful for, distracting foes, thus wasting their valuable time and ammunition, and then dying.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2012, 11:40:32 am »

So we upped independents from 5 to 6 but I feel like it should have had quite the impact it did. I mean it's not enough to actually slow me down (most likely... until I mess something up and lose my entire military and my pretender somehow I'm sure) but it's interesting since I don't know if I've ever personally messed with that setting.

Edit: Hmm looking at the score tables my income MIGHT make me a bit of a target... :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2012, 11:49:35 am »

Hmm looking at the score tables my income MIGHT make me a bit of a target... :-\
There's also the fact that you have awesome mages and great summons and have been expanding fast and are very dangerous late game.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2012, 11:56:07 am »

Pshhhh. I guess the first three are true, but I've only ever been to late game one and a half times (the second was taking over for someone else) so I'm still really clueless about how to actually win. I doubt I'm actually a threat to anyone, regardless of how big I get how quickly. :)
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2012, 12:17:43 pm »

Tlahuixcalpantecuhtli, divine prophet of the King of Fires, smiled as the blood ran from the corpse in his hands down the steps of the great stone pyramid that had stood in the heart of Mictlan for countless ages. Certainly, the sacrifice was necessary to make the rains fall, and ensure that the sun will rise tomorrow, and to keep the stars from falling from the sky, but, Tlahuixcalpantecuhtli thought as he retired to his chambers, important as all that was, it was really all about being evil. Oh and how great it was, being evil.

A breathless messenger approached the prophet. "Sir, our troops have seized control in the Forest of Gay Unicorns." Tlahuixcalpantecuhtli nodded sagely, "And have they found any unicorns?" The messenger swallowed nervously before replying, "No sir." Stroking his particularly well-groomed goatee the prophet murmured, "Such a pity." Sighing he added, "Just have the troops round up and kill the firstborn of every family then."

Tlahuixcalpantecuhtli smiled as he watched the messenger scurry away. Oh yes, it was sooo great.

But seriously, what's up with these province names?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2012, 02:01:16 pm »

:P

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2012, 02:38:44 pm »

Hahaha there's actually a Forest of Gay Unicorns! That's awesome. Also look out for the Lake of Rainbow-colored Fish, the Forest of Black Elves, and the Forest of Homophobic Fairies.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2012, 07:25:11 pm »

Breaking news:

POLICE BREAKTHROUGH

HOMOPHOBIC FAIRIES SUSPECTED IN UNICORN DISAPPEARANCE
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2012, 09:06:52 am »

Watch out, there's at least one borked magic site in this version of CBM, allowing you to hire ettins for 0gp and 1 resource. Doing so would be considered an exploit.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2012, 09:49:56 am »

Does TempAcc know the game will host in a little under 2 hours? Get that turn in Mr. Atlantis!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2012, 10:01:42 am »

:S sorry guys, there was an accident nearby which killed the whole dorm's internet for the whole day, there was nothing I could do. I'm gonna be home in a few hours. I'm not gonna send the 2ch file till about 2 hours from now, minimun.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2012, 10:04:25 am »

We're gonna need an hour or two extension for you then, assuming people think it's ok.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2012, 11:37:11 am »

Looks like it hosted before TempAcc got a turn in.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2012, 11:49:05 am »

Awww I had just sent it too :C
It hosted just a minute or two before I sent it. It just gave me the wrong turn number warning thing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:56:28 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29