Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Possible to disable migrants without disabling births?  (Read 3923 times)

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to disable migrants without disabling births?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 09:36:22 pm »

I just leave the migrants on and laugh as the get slaughtered by kolbolds. :P
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 11:07:00 pm »

Oh, thanks for explaining this. So 1,000 percentage means you can have 10 children for every adult. if you change it to 100, you could have 1 child per adult. If it is 10, you could only have 1 child per 10 adults. Did I get that right?

The percentage number is what percent (number per hundred) of the fortress can be children. A 10:1 ratio of kids:adults would be about 91% children (10 for the number of children divided by 11 for the population of the whole fort) (also actually 90.90909090909090 on to forever but w/e.). 1:1 kids:adults would be 50% children (1/2). 100% means the whole fort could be children, and 1000% is meaningless 10x the actual population which is impossible so it's the same as there being no cap. 10% is 1:9 kids adults; that is, for every group of ten people in the fort, there's probably 1 kid in it and 9 adults. 1:10 is 1/11, or a little less than 9.1%.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:53:00 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 11:28:18 pm »

Cool thanks!

Now I don't have to send my migrants to be impaled anymore!

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 12:11:01 am »

Cool thanks!

Now I don't have to send my migrants to be impaled anymore!

You say it like you don't even miss it.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 01:57:26 am »

I've genned worlds with no surviving dwarven civs, meaning after the hardcoded two migrant waves I got no more migrants or even caravans. ^__________^
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0
Pages: 1 [2]