Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elementalists and fear wardens in 5s  (Read 1092 times)

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elementalists and fear wardens in 5s
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:18:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For completions sake, for anyone like me who trawls this stuff for solutions, and the folks who want stuff; not learning to make stuff.

Everything was inspired from this board and forum, 8-10% copy paste.

Why?
Adds a few secrets to make adventuring/seiges a little more exciting, causing them to be researched/discovered/taught. I use it in conjunction with 'Messiah'

Can be placed at the bottom of 'Interaction_standard.txt'

probs gonna feel stupid when this was done a week ago but here it is.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elementalists and fear wardens in 5s
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:28:05 am »

Have you tested this? That strikefear spell will actually suffocate a dragon in seconds and since distance and target number is broken for everything except material_emission this mage with this spell will obliterate any number of enemies that come into his view. Tested in the arena.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 02:54:49 am »

Have you tested this? That strikefear spell will actually suffocate a dragon in seconds and since distance and target number is broken for everything except material_emission this mage with this spell will obliterate any number of enemies that come into his view. Tested in the arena.

Did test it, If someone wants to balance it all they have to do is modify a few numbers. The strength of the paralysis, and the 'END' of it, And the target count on the Ice spell, or the cooldowns on it. Its a matter of taste, no matter what you're implementing you will need some knowledge, and im assuming a lot of you are like me; before i play heavily with someone else's modifications, i modify that to taste.

Put a bunch of them together in arena and watch the !FUN!

Thanks for feedback, ill keep this in mind.

Edit:one thing i am yet to test is escaping a tower alive, where these secrets all lie.

I imagine that could be far too much fun for most.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:08:02 am by Batmantis »
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 12:49:12 pm »

distance and target number is broken
I've made a terrible mistake here, they work, you just need to put those A, B, C's correctly.

Also, if you make custom interaction like this:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:DOUBLE_EMISSION]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:CONTEXT_MATERIAL]
[I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION] <-- this is always the emitter for now
[I_TARGET:C:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]  \
[IE_TARGET:A]                |
[IE_TARGET:B]                 > repeated many times
[IE_TARGET:C]                |
[IE_IMMEDIATE]              /
You'll get shotgun like effect which I presume is more appropriate for ice barrage.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 03:58:15 pm »

distance and target number is broken
I've made a terrible mistake here, they work, you just need to put those A, B, C's correctly.

Also, if you make custom interaction like this:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:DOUBLE_EMISSION]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:CONTEXT_MATERIAL]
[I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION] <-- this is always the emitter for now
[I_TARGET:C:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]  \
[IE_TARGET:A]                |
[IE_TARGET:B]                 > repeated many times
[IE_TARGET:C]                |
[IE_IMMEDIATE]              /
You'll get shotgun like effect which I presume is more appropriate for ice barrage.

Ah thanks, this is very helpful as im still developing my understanding of how this all works.