Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: !!HUGE !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 1179 times)

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!!HUGE !!SCIENCE!!
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:00:40 pm »

browsing my cloth stockpile I saw thew new clothtypes, and scrolled down. suddenly; since apparantly[my hypothesis] webbing now works on titans and forgotten beasts[and clowns,see images!], this leads to something peculiar in your local cloth stockpile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

is this new, is this bug, has this been around forever but is the webbing making this insta ''spoiler'' or has this been around and have i just never been bored enough to go browse my cloth stockpile  :'(?

anyway, time to discuss;

do we want to know what amount of webbers there are left to haunt us or is the delight all the more intense when the doomed beasts suddenly come out of nowhere?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: !!HUGE !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:04:58 pm »

It's new to version 0.34.01 (since webbing beasts actually work now and are a terrifying force to behold), but it's no different from the dozens of extra entries that show up in Leather/Food/Refuse stockpiles.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:09:58 pm »

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:13:44 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101799.0

Also, clown silk is fireproof.

Wow cool thread(ha!). I'm officialy opening my first caverns in this version as I have about 3 full screens of webbers hidden cown there apparantly,wandering the depths.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:49:37 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101799.0

Also, clown silk is fireproof.

Wow cool thread(ha!). I'm officialy opening my first caverns in this version as I have about 3 full screens of webbers hidden cown there apparantly,wandering the depths.

FYI they aren't all on your map. That is a list of all possible creatures in the world that have silk.

You are likely to encounter some of them though, given time.

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:57:45 pm »

but aren't they randomly generated and would the doubles in the list explain that two ''swamp titan'' variants spawned that have webbing? And ''4 pages worth of'' number of forgotten beasts with that quality/

That would make a lot of sense to me and that would make this ''weird'' and/or usefull; an insight into what spawned on your world

I could be terribly wrong though, correct me if so!