Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A statue of my dwarf before immigration  (Read 797 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A statue of my dwarf before immigration
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:24:30 am »

In this fort I'm naming all my soldiers as "WR". Worldgen ended in the year 100. As I make my galleries of statue gardens (sorted by theme - "what happened in my fort", "history", "pantheon"), I came across this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A statue of my dwarf before immigration
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:27:40 am »

If you change the nicknames, does the statue update?
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:28:34 am »

Must've felt right at home!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:31:19 am »

yes
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:32:32 am »

yes
Ninja'd, yes.
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:38:25 am »

... that's really awesome. You have a war vet who's fought against the humans during a siege and survived. I imagine this will  completely change how you view your dwarves... it may actually greatly change how community/succession forts are run now that the dwarves have pre-existing histories and feel more like they're living and breathing. Even if they're a dirty vampire that neither lives nor breathes.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 09:49:42 am »

... that's really awesome. You have a war vet who's fought against the humans during a siege and survived. I imagine this will  completely change how you view your dwarves... it may actually greatly change how community/succession forts are run now that the dwarves have pre-existing histories and feel more like they're living and breathing. Even if they're a dirty vampire that neither lives nor breathes.
Take for example, my blacksmith. He came to this fort as a skilled axedwarf with 57 animal kills to his name, plus a named giant dingo. Then he got a fey mood and is now my legendary blacksmith, churning out masterwork lead tables and zinc chairs for my dining rooms. The artifact cage from that mood now decorates my hammerer/captain of the guard's office.