Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Easier Tantrum Spirals  (Read 3789 times)

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Easier Tantrum Spirals
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 08:33:04 pm »

Meeting zone, I don't think so, meeting hall, ya, lets party! :p

I usually have a buttload of spare dwarves laying around, so I don't mind the parties... Seem to make everyone happier.

Although I am setting myself up pretty good for a spiral, just thought to check the relationships of my military.... Somehow, I choose ones that ALL have civilian spouses. So if there's a great slaughter... Well... Hope the legendary dining room party, and a great bedroom will make them happier, lol...

Really need to stop slacking and get those mist generators up and running:p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 08:38:06 pm »

Meeting zone, I don't think so, meeting hall, ya, lets party! :p

I usually have a buttload of spare dwarves laying around, so I don't mind the parties... Seem to make everyone happier.

Although I am setting myself up pretty good for a spiral, just thought to check the relationships of my military.... Somehow, I choose ones that ALL have civilian spouses. So if there's a great slaughter... Well... Hope the legendary dining room party, and a great bedroom will make them happier, lol...

Really need to stop slacking and get those mist generators up and running:p

Parties and unrestricted conversation leads to dwarves doing the unthinkable, and developing friendships! This is the quintessential thing that drives a tantrum spiral!

Urist A has his favorite (kitten bombing mongrel) kitty cat "accidentally" destroyed in the atom smasher. This makes him unhappy, so he throws a tantrum. He hits somebody, and they get mad and kill him. Then all of A's "friends" are unhappy, and THEY tantrum....

Before long, the fortress is in chaos!

Dwarves don't let dwarves make friends!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:44:14 pm by wierd »

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 08:40:53 pm »

Dwarves don't let dwarves make friends!

LOL, yaa... I know. Like I said, I'm really setting myself up good:p Oh well :-D
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Clutzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »

I've suddenly realized something in my current fort, I get large numbers if immigrants who are spouses, siblings, parents, children, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I just lost 8 military dwarves in a triple ambush, now I've got several unhappy dwarves from dead family.  This is gonna make the tantrum spiral much harder to avoid now.

Yup. Caused one family tree to take an abrupt nosedive due to the fallout as many went insane from the sadness thanks to three members dying from a siege. I wonder if someday this could be harnessed to create berserkers in combat. Saved their bacon when one did so and scared them all away. Then they had to run inside before he could get to them.
Pages: 1 [2]