Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191430 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #1305 on: April 04, 2013, 10:37:37 am »

It's finally been dethroned as the #1 selling digital download at Amazon.

It makes me think that those of us who are disappointed, to say the least, in it are a vocal minority. I don't think EA is going to get the message that they shouldn't do this again.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 04, 2013, 10:41:57 am »

Yeah but given how many of the silent majority in this case are uninformed or have not developed a taste for videogames... I don't care about them so much... Since this game could have been total garbage and they would have still eaten it up.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 04, 2013, 10:49:01 am »

It makes me think that those of us who are disappointed, to say the least, in it are a vocal minority. I don't think EA is going to get the message that they shouldn't do this again.

That only proves that people have been buying it, not that they've been enjoying it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 04, 2013, 10:50:07 am »

That only proves that people have been buying it, not that they've been enjoying it.

Which is really the only thing that matters. If EA could trick you into buying a absolutely terrible game that they spent no money on... and STILL make money you know they would.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 04, 2013, 10:54:19 am »

Which is really the only thing that matters. If EA could trick you into buying a absolutely terrible game that they spent no money on... and STILL make money you know they would.

Thing is a number of companies could almost manage that by re-releasing games with revamped graphics and the major flaws fixed.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 04, 2013, 09:12:47 pm »

In my opinion, the most pressing issue at the moment is the lack of some kind of filter when looking for games. It's literally impossible to find a game with empty slots right now, just page upon page of full regions.
http://www.simcity-mods.com/wiki/HowTo:Show_Empty_Slots_In_The_Region_Browser

Ad no you wont be banned for using these.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 04, 2013, 11:23:41 pm »

You... Need a MOD, of all things, to be able to see non-full games?
What is this game?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 04, 2013, 11:37:25 pm »

A fuckshit that went hellsouth on launch, half baked and rushed trought the front door to make a quickbuck. Still enjoyable but i would consider this game as beta. Give it 6month or so before calling it full fledge release. And sadly... they are going DLC way and about to sell some while they are still beta state and without even finishing up fixing their shit. Sorry for my foul language but im french and i cannot find better word to express my opinion on the matter. If a PR representative wants to come forward and help me express myself in a more civilized way i will gladly accept and learn from it.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1313 on: April 05, 2013, 12:22:11 am »

Mon Dieu! Un tel langage!

Can't say it isn't accurate... but to make that more PC:

A catastrophe that went south on launch, half baked and rushed through the front door to make a quick buck. Still enjoyable but i would consider this game as beta. Give it 6 months or so before calling it full fledged release. And sadly... they are selling DLC for it while they are still in beta, without even finishing up the project. Sorry for my foul language but I'm french and I cannot find better word to express my opinion on the matter. If a PR representative wants to come forward and help me express myself in a more civilized way I will gladly accept and learn from it.

Still way better than my Mandarin...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 05, 2013, 12:54:09 am »

Mon Dieu! Un tel langage!

Can't say it isn't accurate... but to make that more PC:

A catastrophe that went south on launch, half baked and rushed through the front door to make a quick buck. Still enjoyable but i would consider this game as beta. Give it 6 months or so before calling it full fledged release. And sadly... they are selling DLC for it while they are still in beta, without even finishing up the project. Sorry for my foul language but I'm french and I cannot find better word to express my opinion on the matter. If a PR representative wants to come forward and help me express myself in a more civilized way I will gladly accept and learn from it.

Still way better than my Mandarin...
Hehe thank you, but sadly your fixes doesnt really carry the weight of my other words, hard to find word that has the same weight in english at least for me. But thank you anyway! Glad to see you speak french too :)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 05, 2013, 03:14:54 am »

Shit? Surely you meant merde.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 05, 2013, 04:08:04 am »

Shit? Surely you meant merde.
Valid in france and canada since 18xx well forever.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 05, 2013, 11:23:20 am »

You just say "le shit" like in old Pepé Le Pew cartoons.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 06, 2013, 02:20:15 am »

An unfortunate collection of less-than-reputable coding that went the way of certain Jones of Indiana film on launch, half baked and rushed through the front door to make a pretty penny. Still enjoyable but I would consider this game somewhat undeveloped, in no small part due the wonderful people who made it. I would, personally, give it some time before aquiring a 'for sale' tag for this particular product, and even then, I would be more likely to use it as a stand for my waste disposal unit.

It would seem that, sadly, the company in question is planning to provide downloaded content for the progam before finishing their game. It seems as though the people behind this unfortunate event have not been burdened with an overabundance of school relating to intelligent programming, public relations, and general notfuckuppery. I believe the classes for that are slightly expensive and, as we all know, EA is very poor and requires every cent they can manage to scrounge from their billions of sales a month to pay for their sick grandparents medical bills.

Sorry for my foul language but im french and i cannot find better word to express my opinion on the matter. If a PR representative wants to come forward and help me express myself in a more civilized way i will gladly accept and learn from it.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 06, 2013, 02:26:35 am »

An unfortunate collection of less-than-reputable coding that went the way of certain Jones of Indiana film on launch, half baked and rushed through the front door to make a pretty penny. Still enjoyable but I would consider this game somewhat undeveloped, in no small part due the wonderful people who made it. I would, personally, give it some time before aquiring a 'for sale' tag for this particular product, and even then, I would be more likely to use it as a stand for my waste disposal unit.

It would seem that, sadly, the company in question is planning to provide downloaded content for the progam before finishing their game. It seems as though the people behind this unfortunate event have not been burdened with an overabundance of school relating to intelligent programming, public relations, and general notfuckuppery. I believe the classes for that are slightly expensive and, as we all know, EA is very poor and requires every cent they can manage to scrounge from their billions of sales a month to pay for their sick grandparents medical bills.

Sorry for my foul language but im french and i cannot find better word to express my opinion on the matter. If a PR representative wants to come forward and help me express myself in a more civilized way i will gladly accept and learn from it.
MARVELOUS!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 98