Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1275470 times)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #2490 on: August 01, 2012, 07:10:02 pm »

I saw an encouraging number of "Vote No" on the marriage amendment signs in Rochester, MN today.  Of course, signs can't vote and all that; but it was interesting to see practically entire blocks with those signs.  Rochester isn't some hot bed of liberalism either; it used to be one of the most solidly Republican parts of the state...but these were moderate Rs, big on compromise, social liberties, and not averse to tax increases.

As the GOP jumped off the precipice of insanity, the more moderate members of the party have been kicked out (former Gov. Arne Carlson is most notable), southeast Minnesota has become swing territory moving towards Ds.  Hell, I checked, the last time Olmsted County (Rochester's home county) voted Democratic before going for Obama in 2008 was 1964 during LBJ's landslide.

The marriage amendment may help the GOP in some of the more blue collar Democratic areas (Northwest, Northeast), but in areas such as Rochester (and the wealthy suburbs) it will hurt them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: August 01, 2012, 07:14:09 pm »

High school student shot in the head while handcuffed in patrol car after being searched twice, cops claim it was suicide.

The fucking cops aren't even trying to make plausible covers for their murders anymore.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: August 01, 2012, 07:17:09 pm »

what
the
FUCK
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: August 01, 2012, 07:18:25 pm »

wat.

Where was this?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: August 01, 2012, 07:28:52 pm »

High school student shot in the head while handcuffed in patrol car after being searched twice, cops claim it was suicide.

The fucking cops aren't even trying to make plausible covers for their murders anymore.
Because they totally let arrested people have guns. WHAT IN THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: August 01, 2012, 07:34:38 pm »

Oh, he was a black guy in Arkansas. I'm less surprised. Also more depressed.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: August 01, 2012, 07:50:45 pm »

Maybe he hid it in his hair and fired with his tongue.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:54:29 pm by Kilroy the Grand »
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2498 on: August 02, 2012, 01:56:32 pm »

TEENAGER KILLS 8 , WOUNDS 5 IN CHINA KNIFE ATTACK
I KNOW, LET'S ADD KILL COUNTERS AND BIG RED TEXT TO HELP ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO NOT GO STAB SHIT TO DEATH.

Urgh.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: August 04, 2012, 05:55:57 pm »

Good news for Michiganders.

Apparently there will be an option on the November ballot to repeal the authoritarian Emergency Managers Law.

Detroit Free Press Story

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: August 05, 2012, 11:20:52 am »

I guess some guy on Fox News actually had something negative to say about Chic Fil A.  But I guess this guy is already pretty well know for being very liberal.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: August 06, 2012, 03:51:57 pm »

MZ, meet me in New Jersey. It's facepunching time.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: August 06, 2012, 03:52:58 pm »

I guess some guy on Fox News actually had something negative to say about Chic Fil A.  But I guess this guy is already pretty well know for being very liberal.
Jesus Christ in a chicken sandwich, WHY did I start reading the comments section?? D:

And "very liberal" is a relative term here. He doesn't hate gays, and he thinks maybe torture is going too far. This apparently put him on the far left wing of things at FOX. It's not like he's calling for collectivization and free love communes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: August 06, 2012, 04:15:35 pm »

If I had to watch Fox, it's be Shep.

Then again, I don't have to! So I'm free! FREE!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 759