Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1245267 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Expression Thread
« Reply #990 on: April 16, 2012, 10:34:54 am »

I've never noticed it to have any sort of success.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 16, 2012, 10:42:40 am »

You can also drool and be as disgusting as possible, might ruin your reputation, but eh.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 16, 2012, 10:46:49 am »

Backhanded compliments?

"You leave every room you enter better...."

Im not getting it
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:14:22 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 16, 2012, 03:36:01 pm »

No, you should make them think you're unstable by having wrong reactions. Not contrarian reactions, mind you, but things which have absolutely no social connection to what they're saying.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 16, 2012, 03:40:16 pm »

I don't like ham sandwiches. They make gasoline expensive and the moon is blue today.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #995 on: April 16, 2012, 04:11:03 pm »

No, you should make them think you're unstable by having wrong reactions. Not contrarian reactions, mind you, but things which have absolutely no social connection to what they're saying.

Watch a few episodes of the Beverly Hillbillies for examples.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 16, 2012, 04:18:54 pm »

I don't like ham sandwiches. They make gasoline expensive and the moon is blue today.
Everything makes Gasoline expensive. Unrest in the middle east? Gas price goes up. A new electric car coming out? Gas price goes up. Someone jay walks in New Hampshire? Gas price goes up.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 16, 2012, 04:43:53 pm »

Do this.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #998 on: April 16, 2012, 07:56:00 pm »

Talking about corn for fodder vs corn for ethanol? or was that intended as a whole non-sequetor?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 16, 2012, 08:07:33 pm »

Talking about corn for fodder vs corn for ethanol? or was that intended as a whole non-sequetor?
The ladder.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 16, 2012, 08:07:54 pm »

Since this was all in response to some strangerEver shouting random insults/being a dick at you either online or on the street...

Everyone of these ideas are pretty much useless.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 17, 2012, 01:46:24 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/dog-seamus-loved-trips-atop-family-car-says-230153730--abc-news-politics.html

Seems borderline animal abuse is the closest the GOP frontrunner can come to relating to people.... You strapped the dog to the roof of the car in a crate.... That's the best you got? [sigh]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:52:42 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #1002 on: April 17, 2012, 02:09:33 am »

Well, he obviously can't have the dog drooling all over the leather seats in the muscle cars he loves so much, can he? Plus we all know how dogs love to be stuck in a box and then strapped to a car moving 60 mph.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 17, 2012, 03:11:33 am »

Seamus, Mitt Romney's Irish setter who traveled with his young family strapped to the roof of their station wagon, "loved" those trips, despite once getting ill, Ann Romney told ABC's Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview.

I love ambiguous language, that could be interpreted as the wife and kids on the roof and the dog inside with Mitt.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 17, 2012, 07:38:28 am »

You know... I don't know. I can imagine my dog would absolutely love a cage or something on the roof so he could just sit in the wind.

And then he wouldn't be constantly scrabbling at the window because he wants to put his head out.

And then he wouldn't keep nearly falling out the window because he was trying to lean out so far...

Of course, this was enclosed, so I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between a kennel on the roof and a kennel in the back, which is how most people (including animal transportation vehicles) do it.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 759