Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1245317 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Expression Thread
« Reply #270 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:42 am »

Rush Limbaugh loses forever.   Seriously, this guy has issues, I swear.
Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys -- and they claim to be Christians.
This HAS to be a joke.  Did he just spend all that time criticising Obama without doing even the most basic research about who they were trying to take out?  Has he never heard of possibly the worst and most persistent humanitarian crisis in the world?  Why didn't he at least fucking google the name of the group before assuming they were perfect Christian freedom fighters?

"We just found out about this today".  Arggghhh.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2012, 11:10:23 am »

On today's progressive sports issue: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2012-03-06/female-kicker-trying-out-for-lsu-football/53391726/1

LSU goalie who scored on a 90 yd kick for the soccer team is now trying out as a place kicker for the Tigers, if she get in, it will be the first female player in the SEC.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 07, 2012, 11:28:09 am »

Rush Limbaugh loses forever.   Seriously, this guy has issues, I swear.
Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys -- and they claim to be Christians.
This HAS to be a joke.  Did he just spend all that time criticising Obama without doing even the most basic research about who they were trying to take out?  Has he never heard of possibly the worst and most persistent humanitarian crisis in the world?  Why didn't he at least fucking google the name of the group before assuming they were perfect Christian freedom fighters?

"We just found out about this today".  Arggghhh.

Oh yeah, that was months ago. Yeah, he quickly shut the hell up about it once his own listeners were calling him to say, "Uhh Rush....you realize these guys are total monsters, right?"

Colbert came to his defense by saying "That's why it's called research. If he did it before commenting on it, it would be pre-search."  :P

Honestly, over the years Limbaugh has been so full of shit on so many things that I really just can't fathom why he has any credibility whatsoever.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2012, 11:41:03 am »

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2012, 12:15:27 pm »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gingrich-falls-asleep-at-aipac-wakes-up-confused/

Ladies and Gentlemen, a member of the US Congress and possibly the next leader of the free world... [sigh].
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2012, 12:32:19 pm »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gingrich-falls-asleep-at-aipac-wakes-up-confused/

Ladies and Gentlemen, a member of the US Congress and possibly the next leader of the free world... [sigh].
You have a very generous threshold of what qualifies as "possible".  :P
And he's no longer a member of Congress -- they threw him out like he was a wife with a terminal illness.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2012, 12:35:26 pm »

Dont underestimate the stupidity level of the average voter. Winston Churchill knew this...
This is a blank sig.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2012, 12:49:39 pm »

You have a very generous threshold of what qualifies as "possible".  :P
And he's no longer a member of Congress -- they threw him out like he was a wife with a terminal illness.

Meh, I should've said, "former member of congress."

As for possible, two people die and he's pretty much a contender. Or really, hopefully people realize Santorum is nuts, Romney is apathetically rich, and Ron Paul ... has been trying for how many decades exactly?

There's really no good choice but enough people are pissed off about Obama that it's a concern.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2012, 12:52:51 pm »

Is there something wrong with me that I don't see the issue with taking a bit of a nap before you go on a show? I mean, the man is almost 70. The panel thing is a little embarrassing, but everyone is wrong once in a while.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2012, 12:58:59 pm »

Is there something wrong with me that I don't see the issue with taking a bit of a nap before you go on a show? I mean, the man is almost 70. The panel thing is a little embarrassing, but everyone is wrong once in a while.

.... It's called planning and a president really should know where the crap he is. Also if you're sitting down ready to talk on camera, it isn't hard to have one page of abridged notes open.

Please don't quote me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2012, 01:00:45 pm »

Be perfect in other words?

I mean. It's not like it was even a huge mistake.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2012, 01:02:38 pm »

If you fell asleep in a job interview, you probably wouldnt get the job. The last few and next few months of his life basically boil down to an overly complicated and drawn out job application after all.
This is a blank sig.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2012, 01:04:00 pm »

If you fell asleep in a job interview, you probably wouldnt get the job. The last few and next few months of his life basically boil down to an overly complicated and drawn out job application after all.

Not only fall asleep in the job interview, but wake up, take a couple seconds to compose yourself and then forget where the hell you are and why you're there....

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2012, 01:08:20 pm »

Be perfect in other words?

I mean. It's not like it was even a huge mistake.
Tell that to Admiral Stockdale. That single moment more or less defined him for the remainder of the campaign.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2012, 01:11:37 pm »

What? Seriously? Did you actually read it? Or just the head line?

It seems to me that he did not fall asleep in it, he fell asleep before it. Then woke up for it. He also obviously knew where he was, he just thought there was a panel. I mean really.

To use your hypothetical, he fell asleep in the waiting room before the interview, then assumed the interviewer would be asking questions.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 759