Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Isle: Liberación! Liberación! La tecnocracia ha llegado!  (Read 39913 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Isle
« Reply #225 on: July 12, 2012, 12:50:27 pm »

Have the dead buried or burned (whichever the citizens are more agreeable towards) to avoid spreading disease. If necessary, tell them that evil spirits are drawn to the bodies of dead people and bring harm upon the living. Have a single bush of the poison berries planted in a safe place, with some indication that they are dangerous. Have a farmer tend to this bush. Have a few of the farmer/soldiers and an experienced tracker make their way into the forest to search for the people from the strange boat. Providing that the tracks are still visible, of course.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 12, 2012, 02:44:20 pm »

You decide to investigate this occurance personally.

You set up a team, and leave some orders for your people to carry out while you're away. They are to bury the dead, as is customary, and host a large funeral with a feast. The religions are NOT to fight at any point during your absence, and they agree wholeheartedly. You have a bush planted in a safe place, hosting the poisonberry, and have it attended to by your youngest son, who enjoys agriculture. You also continue keeping an eye out for the boaters.

But before you leave, you have a dicision to make. Which son or daughter should you leave in charge?

DUSUN MOAKA: Your warrior son, and the oldest. He's been grooming himself for command, but he's strongheaded and stubborn. He's a good boy, but he doesn't fully understand the concept of compromise, and the people may chafe under his rule. He will likely strengthen the tribe militarily, but weaken your morale.

DOU DOU: Your scholar son, and a quickly rising wise man. He's not used to physical work, but has a brilliant mind. He's not immoral, but cares little for good and evil, preferring to take the pragmatic path in almost all occasions. A scientist to the bone, he will run the tribe strictly but fairly, and the people will learn under his rule. Your science will make large leaps forward, but your industry will suffer for it.

MIINI: Your youngest child and only daughter, she is young but smart. She would certainly be a capable leader, but her childish whims may distort her reasoning somewhat. She's generally soft and compassionate, but when she finds a need to fight she does so like a rabid animal, almost madly pushing her agenda. Your people will love her, but your stockpiles may be emptied as she builds large, unnecessary projects.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 12, 2012, 03:01:47 pm »

I think Dou Dou is the lesser of 3 'evils', because industry can be fixed, while revolutions and megaprojects cannot.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 12, 2012, 03:10:57 pm »

+1 for DOU DOU as the temporary leader. Bring DUSUN MOAKA with you, that will keep him from trying to grab power while you're gone. Also, he sounds like the kind of guy that you'd want on this sort of expedition anyway.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2012, 11:07:37 pm »

Do DOU DOU.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2012, 11:13:33 pm »

I pick the Dou Dou guy.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2012, 10:21:13 pm »

You leave behind Dou Dou in charge of camp, with his brothers as personal advisors. Dusun seems upset, possibly because he believe himself to be more fit to rule. You caution him against plotting before you leave, but he still seethes.

No time now, however. You lead the expedition west into the setting sun, and come upon the abandoned boat in the night. You decide to investigate, and wait until morning, making sure no-one steps close enough to disturb tracks. The light comes quickly, and you rise with the sun. The expedition has begun.

The smoke in the west is clearing.

>Investigate boat
>Investigate tracks
>Investigate water
>Leave boat
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2012, 11:34:08 pm »

>Investigate tracks
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2012, 05:51:41 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2012, 01:25:59 am »

Some of the tracks are human, but they have convered their feet in leathers. Others are some sort of odd, spindly track, cloven in nature. The wind has carried most of the tracks away, but they seem to lead towards the forest.

>Investigate boat
>Investigate tracks
>Investigate water
>Leave boat
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:38:13 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2012, 12:55:50 pm »

>Investigate the boat.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2012, 01:18:46 pm »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2012, 01:32:34 pm »

The boat is of unknown make, and the front is carved into a crude likeness of some sort of lizard. The sail is odd, with several spines extending from the sides and holding the sail firm.

The bottom has a rather large hole torn in it, possibly from a rock. The bottom shows few signs of water damage, which suggests that they made landfall quite quickly. The lack of any other evidence shows that this was an organized bail-out, and they had prepared.

>Investigate boat
>Investigate tracks
>Investigate water
>Leave boat
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2012, 01:41:25 pm »

>Investigate water

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2012, 12:21:45 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22