Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Miriani (Space Travel MOO)  (Read 17972 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Miriani (Space Travel MOO)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 03:39:54 am »

oh wow, ya I didn't read that that in your first post for some reason,
you were the pretty much the first person I ran into and you showed me your ship and stuff.
If I log out in the air ducts will I be there if I log in? how cool would it be if I were able to steal this ship from under the High guards nose? they only gave us 650k credits for shooting down all those people, I'm still 10 mil in debt.
The High Guard is a host, besides, the boot command still kicks out of the ducts.

I was showing up at Hale HQ whenever people made accounts to show them around, I figured most of them were you guys.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 07:07:07 am »

Anything that makes this game stand out? I love MU*es, but they're a dime a dozen.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 02:04:01 pm »

this really was the first MUD / MOO i've ever played / tryed so I don't know what sort of things would make it stand out, other than you're in space instead of a fantasy setting, there are ships that need a crew bigger than 1 person, so multiple people have to work together sometimes to pilot one ship.  aand thats pretty much it.

some girl was being rude to me yesterday so I slapped her and ran away, then she demanded I apologize so we met up again,
she thought I was going to apologize, but instead I spit in her face and ran away again.  Boy o' boy did she get maaad.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 03:03:15 pm »

Anything that makes this game stand out? I love MU*es, but they're a dime a dozen.

The game is pretty much all space craft control. Movement of the player is pretty much only used to change control rooms in large ships, and to buy things on the shuttles. There is some land combat, but all you can do is stun other players (although for a very long time, with the right weaps and tactics)

There is a lot of teamwork involved in space combat, although the repetition of weapons rooms gets boring after a time.. there are plenty of non-combat activities to do, however, so it is still plenty of fun.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 03:51:13 pm »

Ive started a character called Tsimehcla, im getting alot of help from some guy called luth xavier. I also think i saw you at 1 point quinnr.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 05:01:55 pm »

I'm so sorry quinnr, I didn't know they would blow you up, or maybe I did, I dunno,
Basically to anyone else, what happened was Quinnr got a brand new shiny space ship, a big one that cost 25 million credits, and was like, I just got a ship that you can dock your tiny ship in, come see, so I went to see and we hung out for a while. We visited another planet, I was up in his weapons room pushing buttons but nothing was working, while he was busy studying the starmap I jumped down to the command deck and pressed the big red button that turns the power on to the weapons systems and started firing lasers at the planet below, they deployed combat drones and started attacking us, I was able to get in my ship just about the same time his ship blew up (which for some reason didn't blow up my ship which was in his ship) and I was able to fly away safely, he prolly made it to his escape pod and Might be stranded somewhere, idk
I got back to the main space port and he was there, waiting for me.  As soon as I got off my ship he shot me with his little laser gun.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:15:32 pm by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 05:33:38 pm »

I recently made a character named Matt Howard, signed up in hale and repaid my 1 million credit debt. Seems alright so far

nothing

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 11:10:19 pm »

I'm mostly over it, Valid, I shall remember your debts in the future, though! ;)

Interesting thing that happened today, I was salvaging debris, when I picked up..a lifeform? It turned out to be another pilot who was stranded, floating in space. I flew him back to his ship and docked with it, and got him back home. Fun!

I should be on most of tonight if anyone joins and needs help, too.

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 04:43:41 am »

Hmm it seems my name was out of character so im now called Solomon Torzel. I am now working as an engineer so thats pretty cool, i tried to setup a comm link thing with you lot but it said that it couldnt for some reason, maybe out of range or something.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 08:29:30 am »

I'm definitely going to try this when I get the chance. I'm probably going to be called Jarn in-game, so look out for me soon.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 10:35:57 am »

Hmm it seems my name was out of character so im now called Solomon Torzel. I am now working as an engineer so thats pretty cool, i tried to setup a comm link thing with you lot but it said that it couldnt for some reason, maybe out of range or something.
You have to be in the same room to request a link.
Engineering always seemed kind of boring to me...all you really can do is sit and wait while things repair..

Future

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 11:12:44 am »

hmm kk i thought it might be something to do with that, engineering seemed alright to me until as you say you just sit there and wait, i thought it would be more involved. Im actually getting quite bored tbh, i tried trading but didnt get any points for it or much money out of it and ive also tried debris collecting like your mini guide suggested which is ok for money but still kinda boring. Is there anything else to do? as a noob i mean.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 11:50:37 am »

You can attempt the fighting missions, although it'd probably be better to wait until you have a better ship than a hauler.

You can deliver mail to learn the way around, most large stations have a mail station.

You can courier, HELP COURI

Or pay attention to the general comms and help gun when someone looks for a crew.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 12:26:44 pm »

Just joined up in Hale. Made 500k off one salvaging run, so that's pretty neat. Trying to figure out how to recharge my ship before I head back out.
Yeah yeah yeah!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 12:27:56 pm »

Just joined up in Hale. Made 500k off one salvaging run, so that's pretty neat. Trying to figure out how to recharge my ship before I head back out.

Landing at any station should recharge it.
If not, step outside and RECHARGE.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6