Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Miriani (Space Travel MOO)  (Read 17964 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Miriani (Space Travel MOO)
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:31:53 pm »

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
Type COLOR in game to set custom color options. I recommend setting colors for as much as possible, it really helps to make the game more playable.

Have you ever wanted to be a space pirate? Or perhaps a humble salvager of the debris in the skies? If so, you may want to check out Miriani. It's an interesting MUD that I came across a couple days ago. Players can purchase ships of all sizes, from one-person cargo haulers to a ten-crew Battlecruiser Class ship. Although the ground exploration is decent enough, with weapons, objects, and air ducts in the spaceships to travel through, the heart of the game lies in the space travel.

Travel through space is very simple if you use the autopilot options, as simple as typing 'move' and selecting a location. Eventually you can move on to the manual flying for battles and such, where you use the numpad and + and - keys to move around. Space has a z-axis, which is kind of neat, but a bit of a pain to get used to. Once you are in space you can take up a number of jobs and activities, such as salvaging space junk and taking over other ships.

There are three alliances you can join, each with different specialty ships and upgrades. I'm a Hale member known as Rowan..if you come on I can help you get the basics down!

http://toastsoft.net
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:45:43 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: Miriani (Space Travel MOO)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:57:09 pm »

You forgot a link

http://www.toastsoft.net/
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:00:17 pm »

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:20:04 pm »

I went to try to play it, created an account but didn't want to give them my email, so made up one for the account,
they send an activation email, so I can't connect because I never got the email.  Then now I can't make another account because there is already one from this IP, so I guess I screwed myself out of being able to try this.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:28:14 pm »

I went to try to play it, created an account but didn't want to give them my email, so made up one for the account,
they send an activation email, so I can't connect because I never got the email.  Then now I can't make another account because there is already one from this IP, so I guess I screwed myself out of being able to try this.
Well, that sucks. I can ask the hosts if they can fix it for you, if you'd like.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 09:49:47 pm »

I'd like that very much?

My character name was Roger Wilco

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23:25 pm »

I'd like that very much?

My character name was Roger Wilco
Your character is now approved, but you can't reset your password if you forget it.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »

I thought that was the character name, not the account name >_<
If I knew it was the account name I would have made something not so stupid, but w/e.
trying it right now, it's my first Mud/Moo i'll let you know what I think.
and it ended up not letting me name my character Roger Wilco,
My characters name is now Vladorf Dark,
someone I ran into said they saw this post, >_<
So I played for a hour or two,
I got a 5 million credit loan, and bought a ship, got some help from some people, the space station I was at was under attack so I wasn't allowed to leave without getting blown up, I tried and almost blew up, docked before I did and spent a million or so credits fixing my ship, then after a while I tried to leave again, started getting shot at and wasn't able to redock with the space station fast enough, I was blown up, now I owe 5 million credits to the outreach banking system and don't have a ship.  Tomorrow I might try to get another small loan and buy a cheaper ship and hope I won't be blown up withen seconds of taking off.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:51:38 pm by Valid_Dark »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 11:20:18 pm »

I rolled a char to check this game out. My first impression is that it is no where near as polished in its delivery when compared to other MOOs like Hatemoo. I will play it some more later, but I have been busy with class stuff.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 11:21:55 pm »

I rolled a char to check this game out. My first impression is that it is no where near as polished in its delivery when compared to other MOOs like Hatemoo. I will play it some more later, but I have been busy with class stuff.
Make sure to turn on the 'color', it's off by default and you have to manually set it. It becomes much more playable after you do so, if you haven't already.

It really depends what type of game you are looking for, though. I personally enjoy the change in setting to controlling space ships instead of running around stabbing things.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 02:34:06 am »

It is pretty fun working with a bunch of people in really hectic situations, some of the controls could be a bit better though.
right now I'm in a 10 person Battle Cruiser, manning one of the cannons, and we took on 5 or 6 smaller ships,
was really hectic blew up 2 of them and ran away, right now they're making repairs to the ship, the other battle cruiser we went with didn't make it.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 02:35:20 am »

It is pretty fun working with a bunch of people in really hectic situations, some of the controls could be a bit better though.
right now I'm in a 10 person Battle Cruiser, manning one of the cannons, and we took on 5 or 6 smaller ships,
was really hectic blew up 2 of them and ran away, right now they're making repairs to the ship, the other battle cruiser we went with didn't make it.
Not to mention that a HUGE unit of a godly race of warriors known as the High Guard was just utterly destroyed as we watched. Fun.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 03:29:18 am »

whats your in game name / faction?
a member of the High Guard gave us a 15 person leviathan ship, and it was pretty much fully manned, and we fought us in the 1 ship against 10-20 others. blew up a good amount of them, but I'm starting to get tired of this battle system.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 03:34:37 am »

whats your in game name / faction?
a member of the High Guard gave us a 15 person leviathan ship, and it was pretty much fully manned, and we fought us in the 1 ship against 10-20 others. blew up a good amount of them, but I'm starting to get tired of this battle system.

I said in the first post!
Anyways, we also had a ton of allies, and this ship is ultra overpowered. Apparently this is the second time one of the veterans has seen in 5 years..the hosts must be a good mood tonight!

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 03:38:04 am »

oh wow, ya I didn't read that that in your first post for some reason,
you were the pretty much the first person I ran into and you showed me your ship and stuff.
If I log out in the air ducts will I be there if I log in? how cool would it be if I were able to steal this ship from under the High guards nose? they only gave us 650k credits for shooting down all those people, I'm still 10 mil in debt.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6