Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2258971 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

That sounds slightly problematic, and almost too perfect not to use.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

Suggestion: mod in flying plump helmets as vermin, have them drop actual plump helmets instead of remains.

On a more serious note: sign me up for when this thing is on the road tunnel!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Yes.  Flying plump helmets.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Plump Helmet Flies?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Watch as our first visitor is a plumphelmet person who decided to become the lord of some place and issues a mandate that we cant find out what it is.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Alright, so here's some half-assed faction related stuff. This seems to cover everything important short of most of the actual events, plus some of the aftermath.

PARASOL INDUSTRIES
First seen in Syrupleaf, they make all kinds of things just to see if they can. In essence, they are the spirit of dwarven !!SCIENCE!! made manifest! Some of the less tech-savvy among them may have turned bandit in the wake of the portals being closed.
Some dwarves may be descended from stranded Parasolians, and carry some of their parents' knowhow with them.

BALLPOINT TECHNOLOGIES
A mercenary and weapons R&D company, they were a major antagonist in Spearbreakers' lifetime. The bulk of those left behind in the wake of the battle of Spearbreakers turned to banditry, though some are found among human and dwarven settlements, generally employed as militia members.
BioScience branch of R&D responsible for infectious Spawn and procreating vampires.

STONE Inc., Aegis Operations, and Nemea
Lesser factions involved in the fields of weapons, armor, and security. STONE supported Ballpoint in the war against Eris, while Nemea supported Eris (under contract,) and Aegis assisted both sides in R&D. Nemea may feature as a hostile entity.

SEWATURET
Human city-state faction aligned with Ballpoint, had a hand in defeating Joseph.

ERIS
"Small-time" corporation fighting a war against Ballpoint Technologies and Parasol Industries. Accomplishments include turning the two companies against eachother via hiring Ballpoint through a proxy. Ultimately destroyed by combined efforts of multiple parties and plain old bad luck.

SCYTHOD
Alien race that wanders the world, accidentally introduced to Everoc by Ballpoint. Highly predatory, though some tribes have formed amicable trade relations with sedentary races by selling animal and fish products for water and raw materials. [MAY OR MAY NOT FEATURE IN SBII AS CIV.]

SEQUIVET
Strangler-like race from beyond the stars. Solid warriors and spies. Very skittish, very unwilling to communicate with locals directly. [MAY OR MAY NOT FEATURE IN SBII.]

THE RESPONSIBLE OUTRAGEOUS FENCES
Dwarven civ to which the dwarves of Spearbreakers paid allegiance to. Lead by a Queen Sibrek during the Time War. Noted for its use of "short pikes" in its military over spears. Has a literal Iron Palace in the Underworld.

DISCIPLES OF FISCHER
Dwarven Knighthood Order, established after the passing of Col. Fischer. They often maintain chapter houses in counties and higher rated dwarf lands. Scary people.

SONS OF DAUROS
Dwarven Knighthood Order, established following the passing of Col. Dauros. They often maintain chapter houses in baronies and higher rated dwarf lands. Also scary people.

ONOL-KOR
Former residents of East Everoc. Old version called Mountain barbarians. Culture centered around raiding, fishing, and fighting the Spawn> Cannot be raised as zombies, and blood is said to smell of burnt bacon.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

SCYTHOD
Who allowed poketwo into the thread?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

SCYTHOD
Who allowed poketwo into the thread?

The man makes an excellent point. We should add ponies too.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I'd... Rather not. :V

Of course, I don't support the Scythers much either.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Both played their own roles in the story. Ballpoint used the Scythod as shock troopers; let's face it, giant gun-wielding mantids with two non-gun-toting limbs able to shred a soldier in either version of Corporate Battle Armor is pantshittingly teriffying to behold (and before that, Ballpoint had fought a brief war to pacify them,) while multiple parties made use of the erm... Equus, as I prefer to refer to this particular iteration of them, primarily as living batteries for some literal magic-driven shields in vehicles or as artillery spotters/scouts/runners. Some even used more magically adept (that is, cloaking/teleport capable) ones as commandos.

Scythod would play a major role in the megaportal battle arc of Vanya's story - I forget their names, but the two prominent ones for that arc were surprisingly adept with modified PSF plasma rifles, while I had the latter play a role in Sewaturet's - the SRA used unicorns to power shields for thier APCs (and if the shield was overpowered, the poor bastards generally got their brains cooked by the energy feedback/stress, assuming the crawler wasn't destroyed by the attack,) and as said, teleport-capable ones as commandos, as well fielding one that had become a necromancer at some point centuries ago.

I had actually seriously wanted to include the latter specifically to see how people would treat their caravans, and their presence can be wholly blamed on a single shout-out from Mr Frog ages ago (one that was acting a spy and working as a menial hauling heavy lab equipment by the look of things.) Said shout out ending with OG!Mr Frog wanting to dissect it if I'm not mistaken. I had decided, like so many things, to take that and run with it to the dismay of many and my eternal amusement.

My educated guess consisted of a rough split based mainly on pragmatism and general distaste for them - some killing them as a matter of course, others using them as a form of trash disposal like any other group's caravans. After all, who doesn't want to use a drowning chamber on the candy-colored little freaks at least once? :P

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I honestly don't care about them, I just have no interest in seeing them involved here.

I'd probably use them as a garbage-disposal, unless somebody had already gotten the drowning chamber built.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had actually seriously wanted to include [ponies] specifically to see how people would treat their caravans, and their presence can be wholly blamed on a single shout-out from Mr Frog ages ago (one that was acting a spy and working as a menial hauling heavy lab equipment by the look of things.) Said shout out ending with OG!Mr Frog wanting to dissect it if I'm not mistaken. I had decided, like so many things, to take that and run with it to the dismay of many and my eternal amusement.

My educated guess consisted of a rough split based mainly on pragmatism and general distaste for them - some killing them as a matter of course, others using them as a form of trash disposal like any other group's caravans. After all, who doesn't want to use a drowning chamber on the candy-colored little freaks at least once? :P

Honestly? I was only joking, but now I legit want them in, for basically all of the reasons you listed. (Sorry, Amp.) On top of that, we need a mid-game hostile race; currently, it just kind of jumps from standard early-game stuff like goblins and the onol-kor directly to the SPECIALSURPRISE and others. Pegasi unfortunately won't be an option, though, since I think flying units are still borked? But earth ponies and unicorns are definitely a go.

E: And he didn't just want to dissect it; he actually did cut it up, and figured out how they grasped things in the process.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Just because they're equine in shape doesn't at all mean that they're a certain type of overly cheery equine...
In short, it's how the writing's done that would matter.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just because they're equine in shape doesn't at all mean that they're a certain type of overly cheery equine...

Okay, sure. They aren't a certain type of overly cheery equine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E: I'll stop trolling now, I promise :p
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 01:53:19 am by Mr Frog »

Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 815