Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2258945 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Prepping for reboot, now testing mods.
« Reply #11910 on: May 09, 2016, 07:47:55 pm »

I'd say that updating the mods is only worth the delay if it's quick and easy.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: May 09, 2016, 08:26:17 pm »

Hey guys, 43.01 is out.

We need to update the mods again :v

Oh. Cool.

(WAKE ME UP) wake me up inside (I CANT WAKE UP) wake me up inside (SAVE ME)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: May 09, 2016, 08:39:34 pm »

PA SYSTEM: The administration would like to remind the lot of you belligerent drunken gits that rioting will be met with permanent off-world reassignment in compulsory armed forces auxiliary units. That is to say, I hope you like being killed by giant alien mantids, the pen-lovers,  and only the gods know what else.

In seriousness, it's less waiting for a perfect version and more a combination of hindsight in regards to the way the story went and just plain laziness on my part.

In any case, I think this has been waiting long enough. Please god let's just get on with this already I personally just want a final word on what we need to do before getting this thing off the ground so we can get it done and get things going.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: May 09, 2016, 08:47:40 pm »

I will look into it. But I don't think updating is necessary, 43.01 didn't add anything in term of RAWS editing.

Hovering over the file changes, I can say with 99% certainty the mod will work fine on 43.01. And if it doesn't, well, oops.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: May 09, 2016, 09:40:19 pm »

I will look into it. But I don't think updating is necessary, 43.01 didn't add anything in term of RAWS editing.

Hovering over the file changes, I can say with 99% certainty the mod will work fine on 43.01. And if it doesn't, well, oops.
Oh good!  I have no clue what changed so that was a thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: May 10, 2016, 12:13:01 am »

I think we've been over this, but will ammo sustainability be a concern for the techno weapons? IIRC they can only be produced from metal, which is somewhat-limited in supply.

E: Also, I have literally no idea what's changed in this version lol   Haven't been keeping up with the devlog much.

E2: But yeah, if everything's more-or-less functional then we can probably just fire it up and go once we fix the merchants-not-showing-up-with-armor bug and maybe get rid of the megaspawn since they are apparently somewhat-problematic. Although perhaps we should wait until we have a better idea of what stability issues to expect with the new version
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:16:10 am by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: May 10, 2016, 12:37:15 am »

Tell you gremlins what - Once stability and such are ironed out for this version, we'll get started. And by "we'll" I of course mean "you incredibly foolhardy idiots." I'll take care of custodial duties and rule enforcement, but to be perfectly honest... I never thought I'd say this, but I just don't want to have a more active role than that in the sequel now, especially considering I already have two forts at least I need to get back to plus wanting to start something else (I just don't know what.)

Throw on my own festering dislike of how things turned out overall and sheer general disinterest... Well, hindsight's a bitch like that.

But I also don't want Mr Frog some other poor bastard to have to maintain all the turnlists and whatnot, which is something I have a fair bit of confidence in my ability to do. But know this: In such duties I may become slightly more unforgiving. And probably won't let Gwolfski have a turn after what happened in Clobbermountains.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: May 10, 2016, 01:14:55 am »

Tell you gremlins what - Once stability and such are ironed out for this version, we'll get started. And by "we'll" I of course mean "you incredibly foolhardy idiots." I'll take care of custodial duties and rule enforcement, but to be perfectly honest... I never thought I'd say this, but I just don't want to have a more active role than that in the sequel now, especially considering I already have two forts at least I need to get back to plus wanting to start something else (I just don't know what.)

I won't try to change what I can't change, but... it wouldn't be the same without you. Just gonna put that out there.

And probably won't let Gwolfski have a turn after what happened in Clobbermountains.

:/ Not gonna go full moralising-asshole on everybody again, but still... let's leave Clobbermountains Dramatm in Clobbermountains. we'll probably make plenty of our own in short order lololol

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: May 10, 2016, 01:23:44 am »

I do frankly support not letting Gwolfski have a turn, regardless of Clobbermountains shit I haven't seen.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: May 10, 2016, 01:37:09 am »

I do frankly support not letting Gwolfski have a turn, regardless of Clobbermountains shit I haven't seen.

I'll assume that means he's had similarly lackluster performance elsewhere.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: May 10, 2016, 01:38:18 am »

I...well, am out of the loop, so whatever you choose I will wish you good luck.

I still feel sorry for not having found the motivation to make the mod "perfect".

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: May 10, 2016, 01:46:17 am »

Can we please turn the thread away from bashing someone who isn't even immediately-relevant to this fort? It's not classy.

I...well, am out of the loop, so whatever you choose I will wish you good luck.

The less said the better. It's literally completely unimportant; just petty community-game drama. I'd actually forgotten all about it until now.

I still feel sorry for not having found the motivation to make the mod "perfect".

You did your best with the time and energy you had and that's the most we can really reasonably ask for :V  We're not exactly compensating you for your services, and it was a fairly-complicated mod. Just getting it working was enough :)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11922 on: May 13, 2016, 09:02:34 pm »

Bumpity.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: May 13, 2016, 09:13:50 pm »

I think... I think I killed the thread, dudes. Sorry.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: May 13, 2016, 09:15:21 pm »

No you didn't.

My postomancy shall make this thread RISE!  RIIIIIIISE!  RIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

* The Zombie Holistic Spawn Mascot  shudders and begins to move!
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 815