Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Automatic revert to original form on wait/sleep/fast travel?  (Read 1065 times)

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Automatic revert to original form on wait/sleep/fast travel?
« on: February 25, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »

I have an interaction that transforms you into multiple different animals, and then gives you lycanthropy. Each transformation is supposed to last for about 5400 steps, but whenever I wait, sleep, or fast travel it just skips past those and you turn back to normal and get lycanthropy. Does this happen to everyone, or is it just me?

RysanMarquise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic revert to original form on wait/sleep/fast travel?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 08:21:30 pm »

Travel mode covers time at a pretty extreme rate, if you increase the steps 1000 fold does this effect still occur?

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:22:20 pm »

I tried it earlier at 1 day for each form, same result.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:28:38 pm »

Time is different in Adventure Mode.  I believe one day is 86400 phases.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 08:30:49 pm »

I did use that.  :'(

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 08:35:10 pm »

Weird.  I've only been testing in arena mode so far, so I haven't seen this.  It would suck if it didn't respect time phases.  Have you tested this with other syndromes on a timer, like nausea or attribute changes?

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 08:56:33 pm »

Not yet, but I don't really know how to make one; this is my first time modding, really. Any other mod I have made was minor and was mostly copy/paste work.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 09:22:28 pm »

Switch out CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION with CE_DISPLAY_TILE(like from the necro example).  Then you can see if it's a problem specific to the transformation tag, or if it's something with the way Adventure Mode keeps track of time. 

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 11:18:49 pm »

I've done some testing myself with transformations and other syndromes, and it seems that whenever you wait/sleep/fast travel, any active syndrome instantly skips to the "end".  I think it's caused by the same thing that causes all your wounds to heal instantly during waiting/sleeping/fast traveling.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 01:28:02 am »

I've done some testing myself with transformations and other syndromes, and it seems that whenever you wait/sleep/fast travel, any active syndrome instantly skips to the "end".  I think it's caused by the same thing that causes all your wounds to heal instantly during waiting/sleeping/fast traveling.
Ahhh.... That's super lame.  I was going to have some necromancer powers not start until weeks after you first read the slab. 

Does this apply to the wait times to use interactions as well?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:48:47 am by The Grackle »

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 02:54:23 am »

Ahhh.... That's super lame.  I was going to have some necromancer powers not start until weeks after you first read the slab. 

Does this apply to the wait times to use interactions as well?

As far as I can tell, it affects everything that uses the start:## and end:## tags.  I haven't tested it fully, though, so you could try it out if you want.  Make sure to tell us the results if you do!
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼