Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!  (Read 92638 times)

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok. :)

How do you like the idea to use the large address aware version of DF to mod for you mouse fortress ? Otherwise people have to choose.

Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up. :) I'll be sure to use that one from now on, I just forgot that it was out there. :-[
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you like the idea to use the large address aware version of DF to mod for you mouse fortress ? Otherwise people have to choose.
[/quote]

They could just use this http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't been able to get this version to work, I've copied the exe over, I've tried both Launch.ahk and launch.exe (though I have ahk installed).

All I get ingame is the right click function menu, I can't double click to enter or drag the mouse to move the camera.

The last version (with the last version of DF) worked fine. Don't understand it.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't been able to get this version to work, I've copied the exe over, I've tried both Launch.ahk and launch.exe (though I have ahk installed).

All I get ingame is the right click function menu, I can't double click to enter or drag the mouse to move the camera.

The last version (with the last version of DF) worked fine. Don't understand it.

Have you looked at how the keys are set up in keys.txt? You can modify them to your heart's content. If they're set up correctly, you should give me some more information.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:23:52 pm by Shukaro »

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you looked at how the keys are set up in keys.txt? You can modify them to your heart's content. If they're set up correctly, you should give me some more information.

I'm using a totally fresh install. Its the latest phoebus graphic pack, it might of changed the keys but I doubt it very much.

huhwhozat

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels mysterious construction: taken by mood
    • View Profile

So happy this is back!  :D  Downloading now!  (+5 for A-Team Avatar btw.)
        Did you sense a disturbance in the dwarf?
        edit: ... as if millions of kittens suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
        edit2: I fear something delicious has happened.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still waiting on an updated version? I'm assuming the 34.04 isn't compatible with 34.05 due to .exe changes :-(

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm working on getting a new version out for 34.05, it'll probably be ready either tonight or tomorrow.  :)

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

In 1.1.2 the mouse tracking is working very unreliably for me. I'm using it with the whole Masterwork mod package of applications, and when placing a building for instance, I often have to move and click the mouse around in the vicinity of the in-game cursor so that it eventually starts tracking the mouse one.

Also, I still have the problem of the mouse tracking remaining active/activating at the wrong time when the game wants me to pick a bridge or similar contraption to link to a lever.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I've been waiting for the longest time for someone else to report that issue, I was starting to think it might have just been my setup. It's something that I've been trying to pin down for the longest time, but I haven't had much luck in resolving, as it looks like it's possibly something in AHK itself. Still on the burner though. :-\

The lever linking thing it turns out is something that I can't really specifically address given the way DFs menus are coded, but all that you need to do is bind a key to toggle tracking and turn it off whenever you go into lever-linking mode.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I've been waiting for the longest time for someone else to report that issue, I was starting to think it might have just been my setup. It's something that I've been trying to pin down for the longest time, but I haven't had much luck in resolving, as it looks like it's possibly something in AHK itself. Still on the burner though. :-\
I'm pretty sure this was working ok or at least much more reliably with all other versions including 1.1.1, though.

Either way, it may be related to this problem I'm experimenting with all the 2012 versions so far: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104040
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:15:58 pm by isitanos »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I did upload a new version of my mod for 34.05, but did not crack the exe for mouse fortress. I hope it will not cause to much confusion for the launch.ahk and await the update :)

I personally found they idea nice, but using the mouse in fortress mode takes longer for me than the keyboard, since I am fairly familiar with all hotkeys.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally found they idea nice, but using the mouse in fortress mode takes longer for me than the keyboard, since I am fairly familiar with all hotkeys.
I know all the keyboard shortcuts by heart, but I found the mouse more useful for looking (k/v/q) at stuff, especially near the corners of the map. (At least, it was more useful when tracking worked properly :P.) It's just faster to zero in on stuff.

However switching between mouse and keyboard constantly is very tiresome and rythm breaking, unfortunately.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know all the keyboard shortcuts by heart, but I found the mouse more useful for looking (k/v/q) at stuff, especially near the corners of the map. (At least, it was more useful when tracking worked properly :P.) It's just faster to zero in on stuff.

However switching between mouse and keyboard constantly is very tiresome and rythm breaking, unfortunately.

We really need three hands to play dwarf fortress optimally! ^_^

zanchito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's also teh issue of making the game more accessible for newcomers. Once you know the keyboard commands, you can manage, but it's a rather vertical learning curve for a lot of people.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14