Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: You Are Freedom Fighter(The Docks(MHAG Patrol))!  (Read 20176 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
You Are Freedom Fighter(The Docks(MHAG Patrol))!
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:51:59 pm »

The world isn’t right.
At least not since twenty years ago, when the largest and only international corporation in existence, was rebuked by a number of nations when lobbyists introduced the Corporate Control Act, which would have granted the company a total monopoly over the Food, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Housing, and Armament business sectors. A day after the National Meeting, the day which would be forever called Red Friday by those with dissent in their hearts, the Corporation known as The Industrial Supply Network made their move. Mercenaries, operating Mechanical Humanoid Armored Guardians or MHAGs for short, laid siege to major Government, Military, and Corporate buildings around the world, raining terror and death upon any who dared oppose the ISN.

The war shattered the world, which was slowly but surely becoming a place where peace reigned and governments actually listened to the Populace. But Red Friday and the five years of war- a better word would be hell - that followed changed all that, and now the ISN rules with the iron fist and shock baton, forcing the lower classes to work in unsafe factories and live in ramshackle tenements, fearing reprisal for doing or saying anything out of line.

That’s where you come in, everyday your confronted with the stark reminders of the past, untouched by the hell of war, they break up the grim motony of your life and let you find solace in days when the War was a far off topic, never preying on one’s mind for very long.
One day, after visiting the bombed out ruins of your birthplace, you made a vow to yourself that you would right the wrong of the ISN taking over, no matter the cost.

But to begin, what is your name and gender?

Spoiler: My notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:03:40 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Freedom Fighter(Fight The Power)!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:14 am »

((I was really hoping you'd actually name this You Are Terrorist but oh well
Anyways, posting to watch))
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:49:11 am »

My name is Zera Valii. I am female of course!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:38:54 pm »

Act now to get in on the ground floor of this forum game!
If not I'll go with the woman Zera Valii.

((I was really hoping you'd actually name this You Are Terrorist but oh well
Anyways, posting to watch))
((I'll change it when they start doing terrorism activities. Until then they'll have the benefit of the doubt.))

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:45:58 pm »

My name is Iylolaydu Iylycioselcyzacay. I am ambiguously gendered of course!

((Think of it as Schrodinger's Gender.))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:55:46 pm »

((Lets go with Zera Iylycioselcyzacay, Female. How the hell that is pronounced, I have no clue. Now it's time to spring the other decision stuff on you.))

Now that we have a nice name and gender, it’s time to pick the other aspects of our little terrorist freedom fighter.

Method To Your Madness (“Which path will you follow?”)
A.) You see the world in Black and Whites. With you being on the side of Justice and Freedom while the ISN is on the other side of the scale. (Good path)
B.) The world is in shades of grey and your no different. (Neutral Path)
C.) The world is a shade of grey, there is no good and evil, those are just human terms. You are free from petty concerns such as them.  (Sociopath.)
D.) The world is black and white. Your as bad as the Corporation your fighting, but it must be done. (Dark Path)

Major Skill* (“Doing what your good at.”)
A). Combat- You have a talent for fighting and killing with any weapon, whether it’s a rifle, a sawn-off or a pistol,  you can make the bullets go wherever you want them to.
B.) Piloting- You spent quite some time on a MHAG simulator, enough to learn that you have a natural affinity for piloting them.
C.) Explosives- You can whip up explosives and plant them with the talent of a lifelong demolitions expert.
D.) Tactics- In less then a second you can analyze a situation and use figure out how best to gain the upper hand.
E.) Charisma- You’re a talker. People listen when you speak and follow when you ask. You have a natural way with crowds.

You have all these as minor skills, as befitting the leader of the resistance, but  not at the level of major skill.

Your Past (“What did you do before?)
A.) You were a cop. You weren’t perfect, but you weren’t corrupt. You got kicked off the force after attempting to arrest a member of the upper class for murder.
B.) You worked and are still working at a factory that produces MHAG parts. Giving you knowledge of the inner workings of MHAGs, how to repair them, and better yet…how to destroy them.
C.) You used to be an ISN soldier. You refused to shoot unarmed civilians, and in return you were dishonorably discharged. You know how to survive in a firefight, and how the infantry of the ISN operates. You also managed to steal another weapon from the base and a few cases of ammo for it.
D.) You were a wanderer, keeping off the grid and avoiding the police when you needed to, giving you knowledge of how to hide from sentries and avoid detection. You got tired of it eventually, getting a fake I.D. and settling down in some city.

The City Where It All Begins:
A.) An industrial town by the name of New Siekan, located in the East Islands. Filled with rotting tenements, huge factories and Guardsmen MHAGs. Riots are common-place and are brutally put down. Migrants come from all over trying to find a better life, only to find corruption and brutality.
B.) A farming collective named Weizendorf, located in Centralis. The people are publicly calm and docile, living their lives tending the crops that produce food for the rest of the world. In private they hate their superiors, who care only of profit.
C.) A University Town called Oxford located in the suburban province of Westhill. This place is a hotbed of sedition, but the students mask it well enough and protests are infrequent and often end peacefully. Students from all around the world come here to learn and hopefully rise into the ranks of the upper class.
D.) Burnt, a ghetto in south Centralis, it’s practically it’s own city-state as the ISN thinks its too worthless to bother with. Fugitives, runaways, crime lords, drug dealers, and those too poor to live anywhere else dwell here. Raids are infrequent and few people respect the ISN’s law. No surveillance.

You’ve managed to get your hands on a gun, what is it?
A.) A 9mm semi-auto pistol. A standard weapon.
B.) A .45 caliber Revolver. Slow to fire and cumbersome, but packs a punch.
C.) A 9mm SMG, hell to aim, but makes up for it with pure firepower.
D.) A experimental sniper rifle, it can blow a hole in five inch thick plate metal, and still leave a mark on the other side. It’s a single shot and the bullets are outrageously expensive to make.

((Whew, not everything will be this complicated, but we do need to get these out of the way...))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:49:38 pm by filiusenox »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Freedom Fighter(Choices)!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:02:55 pm »

1. A

2. E

3. A

4. A

5. B

*Attempting to decode really long name...*

Eey-ley-see-oh-sell-see-y-zuh-kay.

Zera Eey-ley-see-oh-sell-see-y-zuh-kay.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:04:08 pm »

Method To Your Madness (“Which path will you follow?”)
B.) The world is in shades of grey and your no different. (Neutral Path)

Major Skill* (“Doing what your good at.”)
E.) Charisma- You’re a talker. People listen when you speak and follow when you ask. You have a natural way with crowds.

You have all these as minor skills, as befitting the leader of the resistance, but  not at the level of major skill.

Your Past (“What did you do before?)
B.) You worked and are still working at a factory that produces MHAG parts. Giving you knowledge of the inner workings of MHAGs, how to repair them, and better yet…how to destroy them.

The City Where It All Begins:
B.) A farming collective named Weizendorf, located in Centralis. The people are publicly calm and docile, living their lives tending to producing food for the rest of the world. In private they hate their superior, who care only of profit.

You’ve managed to get your hands on a gun, what is it?
C.) A 9mm SMG, hell to aim, but makes up for it with pure firepower.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:34:51 pm »

1. C
2. E - why bother with dirty work when we could use other for it?
3. D - well guerilla tactics are awesome for now, as we need to gather army first. Sciencists can analyze MGH-s later, and we should avoid risk.
4. C
5. B

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 07:57:03 pm »

((Okay then, now to randomize and take a pick.))

((We have...
1.) C- Sociopath
2.) E- Charisma
3.) A- Ex-cop
4.) A- New Siekan
5.) B- Revolver))

You sit on your sofa, which is the same as hundreds of other people in your apartment building own, and turn the television on. After an hour of flipping through the channels, you remember the channels are basically all the same, mind-numbing propaganda. With a sigh you turn it off and throw the remote at the wall, where it breaks into a few sparking pieces.

Your bored. Bored since you got fired from the force, bored because there is no challenge in the life your currently living, just... never ending boredom and repetition. Get up, walk, ride, or commute to work, work for twelve hours, go home, eat some form of dinner, watch T.V, then go to sleep and began the cycle all over again. You need to do something, something interesting.

You have some spending money saved up from your days as an officer, and you just got paid today. You also kept your gun and a box of shells for it...just in case you needed it, you made quite a few enemies in your law enforcement career.

So what do you do?

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:39:30 pm by filiusenox »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Freedom Fighter(Startup)!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 08:15:06 pm »

Take your .45 revolver and load it. Hide it on yourself then go take a walk around the city.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 08:29:27 pm »

Take your .45 revolver and load it. Hide it on yourself then go take a walk around the city.

This.

Also, search some bored teenagers and chit chat with them. Wear NOT your uniform!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 09:39:06 pm »

You decide to go on a walk around town, hoping to find something fun to do, you open your wardrobe and pull the Revolver and the ammo case from a secret panel in it. You slip in six shells, throw it on the bed, close the panel, then get dressed in something suitable but bland.

You exit the building, before wondering where you wanted walk to. It begins to rain, making you pull your coat tighter around you and hope that it doesn't melt in the shower like the last one did.

Where did you go?
-The Shopping District, home to the largest mall in the Eastern Islands.
-Walk around the Residential Area a bit.
-The Industrial Area, where the foundries and factories lie belching smoke and smog.
-The Ghetto, which is wracked with poverty, crime and defiance.
-The Upper Class neighborhood, which requires a H.C. ID Card to get into.
-The Docks. Filled with boats and shady piers and other stuff of naval origin.
-The Commercial Center. Soaring skyscrapers of glass and steel. Requires an ISN  Management ID card to enter.

As you walk to exactly where you wanted to go, you notice some teenagers smoking in an alleyway. There's around six of them and they glare sullenly.
What do you say or do?

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:58:11 pm by filiusenox »

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 09:41:31 pm »

Go to the ghetto, killing conservative, useless thugs and gangbangers to gather juice experience

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Freedom Fighter(No Comment)!
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 09:46:11 pm »

The ghetto.
Talk to the kids, try to find out their views on the ISP and willingness to fuck some shit up.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17