Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXI: Game Over. Scum Victory.  (Read 50567 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXI: Day 1- The investigation begins!
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2012, 06:42:53 pm »

Agent Ron McBride paced in his office.  Times had been hard as the local head of the FBI in New Temperance.  It seemed nobody liked Prohibition, and with their unwillingness to cooperate gangsters and speakeasies were flourishing.  It was hard enough dealing with them; unpopular or no, the law is the law and some folks just won't understand that.  Well, after begging for more agents to help him, he'd gotten word that OCD was sending down some new agents and a couple of veterans to guide them, really form a crack force to handle the problem of organized crime and bootlegging in his city.  Just as McBride was picturing himself as a younger, handsomer Elliot Ness, he'd gotten the telegram.

Bad news, it seemed to plague him.  The telegram warned him that a few button men working for Tony "The Toaster" Pitzalotto had been seen fraternizing with the new field agents!  They'd come with 9 briefcases, no doubt loaded with dirty money to bribe the men.  No surprise there; McBride himself had turned down bribery attempts from the Toaster before.  No, the bad news was that they only came back home with seven briefcases.  Two men had accepted!  The agents were here now, and waiting for briefing.  Now, not only was he going to have to handle running an investigation into the liquor racket, he was going to have to find two dirty agents before they ruined everything!

He opened the door from his office, and made his way to the briefing room.  Through the window in the door he saw them, scattered about the large oak table.  Which two could it be?  Who was corrupt, and who was an honest G-man?

Vote Count
-----------------------------------------------
Mii-
drakon136-
jaxler-
MagmaMcFry-
obolisk0430-
uber pye-
Scelly9-
Jim Groovester-
Dariush-

Not Voting: Mii, drakon136, jaxler, MagmaMcFry, obolisk0430, uber pye, Scelly9, Jim Groovester, Dariush

Day will end at 5 pm CST/11 pm GMT Wednesday

It is now Day.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXI: Full, waiting to start.
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 06:43:43 pm »

Hey, Dariush, if you die in this game you die in all the others right? ......right?.......shit.

Now THAT would be interesting - Metamafia. Actions affecting players (not just lynches/kills; also roleblocks, redirects, cult conversion and the like) affect them in every game they're playing at the time. Utterly unworkable, of course, but interesting to think about.

PPE: Sorry for posting this after the actual start of the game, I'll fade back out now.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2012, 06:59:53 pm »

uber pye: If you where Scum, who in the current players would you most prefer as a Scumbuddy?

obolisk0430: If, as scum, you had the opportunity to switch the vote from an Innocent with you next on the list to a fellow Scum with you no longer having any suspicion on you, would you do it? Assuming you asked him if he wanted to be sacrificed and he said no.

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2012, 07:05:29 pm »

uber pye: If you where Scum, who in the current players would you most prefer as a Scumbuddy?

obolisk0430: If, as scum, you had the opportunity to switch the vote from an Innocent with you next on the list to a fellow Scum with you no longer having any suspicion on you, would you do it? Assuming you asked him if he wanted to be sacrificed and he said no.
Probably not.  If I got people to lose a mafia guy, I would lose a mafia guy from the mafia team.  If I don't do it, a Townie dies, and I will PROBABLY die later.  This is my first mafia game ever, so there is not a chance in hell I could somehow manipulate the Townies using the newfound trust.  At least the way I'd do it, a Townie dies.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2012, 07:06:29 pm »

Dariush, if you were scum, what kind of scum buddy would you want?
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »

obolisk0430: As a citizen, If the vote was You-2 Suspicious guy-1 Innocent guy -1 and you where voting for the random guy, would you change your vote to the innocent guy to prevent being lynched? Then consider the same question except someone else says they will also vote for Innocent Guy if you vote for him.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2012, 07:51:16 pm »

obolisk0430: As a citizen, If the vote was You-2 Suspicious guy-1 Innocent guy -1 and you where voting for the random guy, would you change your vote to the innocent guy to prevent being lynched? Then consider the same question except someone else says they will also vote for Innocent Guy if you vote for him.
Not enough info.  Do I find the guys voting against me suspicious, or do I think they are just being stupid?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2012, 07:52:43 pm »

Stupid. The guys voting against you have no votes on any of them. All people in the vote count except you have not voted and will not vote.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2012, 08:00:08 pm »

Strike that.  I'll answer all the posibilities I can think off.
For the first part of the question, I guess it would depend on if the suspicious guy is voting for me, I would keep the vote on the guy in the hopes that he would get looked at after I flip townie.  If the guy voting for me is (as far as I can tell) just being stupid or wrong, vote for the innocent guy to not get lynched, and not draw suspiscion to the guys voting for me (whom I suspect to also be townies) after I flip townie.
If someone else would vote for the innocent guy if I voted for him, and I thought that the guys voting me were probably scum, I would keep my vote on the scum, again, so that they would get investigated when I flip townie.
If the guys voting for me are just dumb/wrong, and the innocent guy will die if I vote him, I'm not sure what I would do.  If I vote the innocent guy, we lose a townie, and I gain suspicion, which could lead to me getting lynched next round (thus causing ANOTHER townie lynch).  If I don't vote the innocent guy, then I probably die, and the guys voting me (whom I believe to just be dumb/wrong) will look really suspicious, and one may get lynched next round, again, leading to another townie lynch.
I guess in that last situation, my only good option would be to simply try and convince people not to lynch me.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2012, 08:00:56 pm »

Stupid. The guys voting against you have no votes on any of them. All people in the vote count except you have not voted and will not vote.
Finished typing, then saw LOLOLOL, SOMEONE PUT A POST WHILE YOU WERE TYPING!
Decided to post the whole thing simply because I allready typed it up.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXI: In Signups (6/7, 2/2, 1/1)
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2012, 08:03:44 pm »

This is just an inexcusable offer.
IN!

or replacement list if need be

Wait a minute here...Urist_McArathos. Isn't that an error. ;)
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2012, 08:07:19 pm »

Magma: Who are you wary of the most - players who you have seen already around the mafia forum, or players who have started along with you (and who you are not familiar with)? Why?

Scelly: Who can accurately judge who would be a good scumbuddy when none of us beginners have yet had the pleasure of even conversing (excluding the IC's)?
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2012, 08:09:03 pm »

Edited because I'm not an active player, as of this post:

RVS stage is usually in the first day. This is where both scum and town try to figure out by reasoning and giving votes and questions related to Mafia. Your goal is to scumhunt, and to find out who among you is scum. The same goal is for the Mafia: acting like town and trying to blend in while adding a bit of chaos in their work.

Play to win for your team. Keep on asking questions. Do not give up and do not deny your own skill in swaying other's decisions.

The ICs are an impartial source of advice. If they have anything specific to say about anyone's hunt style or how they question, listen to them. It won't help at all if stubbornness gets the most of a player. There are many ways to catch scum, as there are many ways to mess up. Go newbies!

I will edit all this out upon request.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:16:16 pm by Tiruin »

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2012, 08:09:54 pm »

Magma: Who are you wary of the most - players who you have seen already around the mafia forum, or players who have started along with you (and who you are not familiar with)? Why?

Scelly: Who can accurately judge who would be a good scumbuddy when none of us beginners have yet had the pleasure of even conversing (excluding the IC's)?

Some of us might have read previous games, and therefore have a rough idea of how some of the IC's play?

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2012, 08:13:19 pm »

Some of us might have read previous games, and therefore have a rough idea of how some of the IC's play?

But the IC's are only some of the players, not all. It's a bit of a moot point to be asking such a question so early in the game, no?
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25