Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vampire eating all my guise  (Read 1620 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
vampire eating all my guise
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:16:48 am »

my guise are being eaten by the wamp, i have over 80 dwarves in my fort, how can i pinpoint the vampire
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
Re: vampire eating all my guise
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:20:15 am »

theoretically, If you wait long enough, the vampire will be the only one left. At which point you  can kill him.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 07:26:50 am »

theoretically, If you wait long enough, the vampire will be the only one left. At which point you  can kill him.

This. Works every time, tbh.

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 07:30:33 am »

I wish vampires would only eat children (need to find a way to make this happen) - a lot of forts are plagued with a high child ratio, like my current has 210 people and 97 kids in it (+30 or so wounded dwarfs utterly useless, so the dwarf/child ratio is 1:1)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:44:32 am »

i'm being tormented by this weird elf that turns into a werelama too, how can i find the vampire
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:39 am »

I wish vampires would only eat children (need to find a way to make this happen) - a lot of forts are plagued with a high child ratio, like my current has 210 people and 97 kids in it (+30 or so wounded dwarfs utterly useless, so the dwarf/child ratio is 1:1)

I think vampires are hard-coded, you cant change on what they feed as far as i know.
(unless you find some de-compiler and do some fancy coding magic)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 09:13:15 am »

i'm being tormented by this weird elf that turns into a werelama too, how can i find the vampire

http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/1249/560125_102.jpg
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 10:50:30 am »

More like somehow seperating the kids from the normal dwarfs (all 90-ish of them without to much manual effort) and throwing them into my vampire-manager-pit

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 10:59:08 am »

Creative use of bedrooms can achieve this.  Just build a row of beds, make them into 1x1 bedrooms, and assign each to a child.  Luckily the list will change colors if a dwarf already has a bedroom, so you shouldn't worry about double-assigning a dwarf to two beds.  When they get in, close the door, locking them in with the pedovamp.  This airlock system can be used to prevent good dwarves from claiming the beds.  Though you must assign each bed manually, it should still suffice to weed out children over time.  Having this near the surface may help, as miasma will be an issue.

Code: [Select]
########
  DBD   #
  ###   #
  DBD   #
########

Children go in with promises of candy and friends.  All that awaits is an elderly man who likes to feel of their arms and necks.