Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261186 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 13 - TT S3, W9
« Reply #1665 on: December 20, 2014, 01:41:50 am »

Aye, our games have been a tale of two halves. The first half the elves get beaten up pretty badly, the second half the khorne lose the ability to score knockdowns and their AV8 begins to give way.

I'm glad I don't have to face them again, not sure my luck would sustain through three games.

Also, I'm not fully AWOL! Shocking, I know.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 23, 2014, 12:04:19 am »

Hey everyone, sorry about the delays. I've been having some internet issues while heading back home for winter break. I'm advancing both leagues now.

Main league final matchups are:
Delta Foxtrot - Vidyagamsk vs monk12 - Monk's Morons
lijacote - Struggling People vs Kanil - Shimmering Dragons
Raddish - Knives in the Darkness vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
RedKing - Khi-Keg O' Beers vs i2amroy - The Daemoning!

Training league final matchups are:
Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs vs Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy
lijacote - Red Thought vs i2amroy - The Slippery Slammers
THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Sauteyas vs monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks

I'm planning on two weeks to get these matchups done because of Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, etc. So I plan to advance the week on January 5th. Let me know if there are any scheduling issues.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 23, 2014, 12:04:09 pm »

Seems a bit sad that the games are getting defaulted so much, but I guess tis the season.

Anyway, looking forward to our match Raddish! By 'looking forward to' I mean 'terrified of' after I saw what you did to the Khorn team. Although I won't be able to do it for almost a week, so I'll hit you up next week hopefully!

The play offs are going to be two weeks long right? So there are only three games left this season? Does the training tournament restart immediately, or is there going to be a bit of a period to gather up new teams and such?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 23, 2014, 04:42:47 pm »

Usually we have a few weeks to sound out interest, yeah.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 27, 2014, 11:50:40 am »

On a terrible and stupid whim I bought Chaos Edition.

So I'll probably be coming back soon to be bad and get mad.  How's the health of the league going?  It's an innernet league so a degree or ten of people flaking out is to be expected.

Also, how much do we have in the way of dorfs?  Because seriously, fuck dorfs in blood bowl.  Playing blood bowl against dorfs is like playing tennis with a brick wall.  You can't win, they can't win, and no matter how hard you hit them you can't knock them down
Shoes...

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 27, 2014, 01:02:17 pm »

I think I had one defaulted match (and one almost...) this season.

So... tons better than my non-B12 league, even if here it was somewhat my fault. Overall I haven't had any difficulties getting matches organized and played. No idea how other peoples' games have been played or not.

I don't think current season has any dorfs. Current lineup should be in the OP.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 14 - TT S3, W10
« Reply #1671 on: December 29, 2014, 07:50:43 pm »

Games have been going fairly smoothly in the league this season, I've only consciously extended deadlines a few times, :p. Hopefully I have a bit more time to run this next season to get it running a tad smoother than this season.
As far as dorfs go, I don't think anyone is playing as dorfs this season in either league! Although, as a Khemri team last season I didn't have too much trouble knocking them down, lol

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 30, 2014, 03:49:39 pm »

Speaking of fighting brick walls Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs 0 vs 1 Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy has been played, finally reclaiming the lizardman honor from the orcs who trounced us in the start of the tournament.

Much like in the last game it was a very punchy game. Also like in the last game, there were shockingly few casualities. Three skinks got sent to the ko box, but no causalities at all on the lizardman side and only one orc got a casuality. The only orc (other then one who got sent out for fouling) who left the pitch the whole game!

The first drive started with the lizardmen receiving the ball and driving into the orc lines. Which they were pretty much immediately bounced off of. The orcs ground their way towards the skink cage until I had decided that they were getting a bit too close, so I ran my skinks out and around the side and into the end zone. Then I made the absolutely horrid decision to try to get in a cheeky Kroxigor block in. As is inevitable when you rely on the Krox for anything I got a turn over and a couple of orcs knocked down my ball carrier and marked the ball and skinks. Still, a skink somehow managed to dodge away from a orc, grab the ball out from under another, and then dodge into the endzone. Two only two turns left in the first half the orcs didn't really bother trying to get a goal, instead trying to foul my Krox, which they did, but the armor break only resulted in him taking a small nap on the pitch (which was a bit of a tell for the future of the game, in the second half the orcs managed to actually get quite a few armor breaks, but they all ended up as a simple two turn down.)

The second half saw the orcs get the ball and move plow forward into the lizard line up, however a few skinks ran up behind the orc lines, and the orc ball carrier moved forward into the skimish, presumably to avoid them. Although the black orcs were having no issues whatsoever sending the lizardmen to eat the dirt over and over again, they seemed to have issues actually extracting themselves from the middle and getting to the side of the fray where the ball was. My lizardmen popped the ball carrier a few times, but the orcs recovered each time, until eventually they managed bust though my line a bit and move about halfway down the field. However, not enough orcs got away from the line, and a few lizardmen and skinks swarmed the ball carrier, making the orcs loose possession once again. However, the orc counter attack managed to send a lizardman down to the ground on top of the ball, popping it out of the skirmish and next to a orc, who dodged out and grabbed it, running as far as he could to the other side of the pitch. However, running so far seemed to backfire a bit when the speedy skinks and lizardmen managed to catch up to him right away, the ball was soon kissing the dirt again, and from then on no one was able to get it back up until it was too late, the final bell rung with a victory for the lizardmen.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 30, 2014, 04:36:02 pm »

It had been so long since I last played a game I kinda forgot what I was doing.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 03, 2015, 02:57:06 pm »

So that was a really weird match.  My Delves caused more damage and scored more TD's than SLAYA's Kehmri.

Ended 2 - 1 to me, lots of strange goings on, fireballs taking out people, a Tomb Dudey injured on the last turn, lots of SPP for my people.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 06, 2015, 02:50:41 am »

Well, Monday is over and since I haven't heard anything about scheduling issues from anyone I'm advancing both leagues which concludes the regular season!
Firstly I'd like thank you all for a great first season as Commissioner (I don't count last season since I was sorta the interim Commissioner) and I hope to see you back here next season! Secondly...

WELCOME TO THE PLAYOFFS MY FRIENDS!!!!

For the Training League Semi-final matches we have:

Semifinal 1: Monk's Mountebanks (Monk) v. The Slippery Slammers (Otherplayers)

The undefeated, first seeded Skaven team, Monk's Mountebanks, coached by one of (if not the most) decorated coach in Bay 12 Bloodbowl History, Monk will be facing The Slippery Slammers coached by the veteran (with only one playoff game to his name after three seasons) Otherplayers!! The Mountebanks won both regular season match ups 2-1 so confidence has to be high going into this first match. The Slammers and coach Otherplayers are intent on getting revenge for their two defeats in the regular season by using the skavens' smashed heads to pave their road to the finals!

Semifinal 2: Scaly and Lazy (Criptfiend) v. Da Green Thwack'rs (Raddish)

Rookie coach Criptfiend and his Lizardmen team, Scaly and Lazy, have been streaking lately with four wins in their last five matches!! They hope to keep their momentum going through the playoffs as they face Rookie coach Raddish's Orcs on Da Green Thwack'rs! With only one loss in their last 6 matches, the Orcs aren't doing to bad themselves. The two regular season meetings between these teams were both 1-0 with a win a piece for each coach.

May the best team win and may the losers perish!! (but come back with new teams next season)

As for the Main League Semifinals:

Semifinal 1: Shimmering Dragons (Kanil) v. Monk's Morons (Monk)

This meeting of championship coaches has the undefeated Shimmering Dragons pitted against Monk's Morons. The elves enter the playoffs hoping to continue their dominant season under coach Kanil. The Ogres enter this match unsure of what really happened because, well... they're Ogres. They do understand that its win or go home now though so they are prepared to smash their way through the scrawny elves on their way to the championships.

Semifinal 2: Struggling People (lijacote) v. My Mummie's Mummies (THE_SLAYA)

The Struggling People (Chaos) led by rookie coach lijacote hope to prove themselves against the defending champions, My Mummie's Mummies. The Mummies under coach THE_SLAYA are hoping to complete back-to-back championship appearances by making sure the Struggling People struggle in their first playoff appearance. The two teams split their regular season matches each winning 2-0 and finished the regular season separated by only 2 points so anything could happen in this match.

Let the Games begin and may the best team win!!

P.S. I set the seeding with myself in the third seed and monk in the fourth seed based off of our tiebreaker rules, if I miscalculated let me know and I'll fix it assuming neither match has been played yet.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 06, 2015, 04:12:49 am »

I've been kind of ignoring this, having been sick, and now that I'm feeling a bit better I'm feeling guilty about ignoring it :P Yay playoffs.

I'm not sure I'll be coming back after this season. Maybe if the playoffs aren't quite as frustrating as the previous matches have mostly been. I'm kind of tired of the d6. :/
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1677 on: January 06, 2015, 04:57:32 am »

Seeing the season ending soon, I'd like to confirm again that I'm totally signing up for the next one. Presumably for training tournament, but should the slots in that one be full for any reason, I'll go with regular league.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 06, 2015, 09:43:41 am »

Hoorah. So long as we're talking about the next seasons, I'm very interested in promoting the lizardmen to the big times, we'll see if they have what it takes to swing with the big boys. If possible, I'd also like to place a new team in the training league. Although I have not decided on what race. I've sorta been practicing against the AI with a Chaos team, and they feel a lot like the lizardmen in a few ways, but I think if anything I like them even more. (Although I like the Krox more then the minotaur, might be because my instinct is that big guys shouldn't blitz... I don't think it's worth having a big guy when you need to blitz with them...). On the other hand after this seasons of a lot more success then I thought possible in my first run I was also consider laying back and taking the next season relaxed with a goblin team. I don't think I could win a single match with them, but I think it would be real funny non the less.

Anyway. Uh. Because it seems like it might be a bit of a worry, what happens if a match in the finals are defaulted on?

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 06, 2015, 02:05:40 pm »

Seeing the season ending soon, I'd like to confirm again that I'm totally signing up for the next one. Presumably for training tournament, but should the slots in that one be full for any reason, I'll go with regular league.
I've got you penciled in for the training league next season(:

Anyway. Uh. Because it seems like it might be a bit of a worry, what happens if a match in the finals are defaulted on?

Since there isn't a set time limit on this matches I will rarely default one. If a match does need to be defaulted, its usually because someone has missed one or two appointments that they made or is just completely AWOL. In that case the player who hasn't missed the matches/isn't AWOL automatically gets a 2-0 win

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 149