Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261429 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Quarter-Finals
« Reply #1020 on: August 02, 2013, 09:43:15 pm »

And of course, actually knocking a skilled ST5 player on his ass in the first place is something of a...

8)

dicey proposition.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 06, 2013, 11:00:35 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Skitterscamps

Morg n' Thorg and a wandering apoc join Skitterscamps for the game. Khorne wins the toss and elects to receive. Speedy and New TAB are the deep safeties.

S1: A clawed Skaven blitzer stuns a warrior. The big guys only manage pushes. The thrower picks up the ball. A warrior gets knocked out.

K1: The minotaur runs through a hole in the line and knocks out the thrower. A warrior and beastman move toward him. Fritz falls over trying to dodge away from a bunch of skaven and goblins.

S2: MnT stuns the minotaur. Another Skaven thrower picks up the ball and tosses it forward to a Skaven Blitzer.

K2: Several players get knocked over, including the ball carrier.

S3: Despite his sure hands and three arms, the thrower muffs picking up the ball.

K3: New TAB runs into danger to pick up the ball, dodge away, and toss to Fritz deep downfield.

S4: A skaven gets beside Fritz. A goblin knocks himself out trying to dodge.

K4: Fritz runs in the score.

S5: A warrior and a thrower stay unconscious. The high kick into the corner lands in the thrower's arms. The troll goes daft, and the thrower runs the ball forward. Another goblin knocks himself out dodging.

K5: MnT gets knocked down by the minotaur.

S6: Catcher goes down to a clawed skaven.

K6: The minotaur stuns a skaven. LnS fractures the skull of another (after apoc work to save the hip).

S7: A skaven breaks for the end zone.

K7: The thrower is knocked over by the minotaur, leaving the ball in the hands of a goblin.

S8: A goblin falls over trying to dodge with the ball, sending it into the stands. They throw it straight back in.

K8: A goblin gets KOed.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Skitterscamps

K9: With two goblins KOed and a skaven injured, Kanil has to scrape to field 11. The high kick lands straight in New TAB's three hands. The minotaur knocks over the troll, making room for New TAB to toss to Speedy, who runs most of the way to the end zone. Fritz falls over making a run.

S9: A skaven blitzer stuns speedy and picks up the ball. The troll stupidly stays down. A skaven stuns Fritz with a foul, but gets tossed from the game as a result.

K10: The minotaur knocks down the blitzer. The rest of the Khorne team slowly grinds forward.

S10: The minotaur gets pushed off the ball, letting a skaven pick it up and hand it off to the thrower. A goblin breaks free and heads toward the Khorne end zone. The thrower goes to make the pass, which is intercepted by a Warrior.

K11: A warrior knocks out a skaven. The warrior with the ball runs forward and tries to pass to the minotaur, but the ball scatters into the corner.

S11: MnT stuns a warrior. The deep blitzer picks up the ball from the corner and runs it forward. New TAB is knocked over.

K12: A warrior knocks out a goblin. The minotaur knocks over the ball carrier, sending the ball between a number of Khorne players. Speedy picks up the ball.

S12: A blitzer knocks over speedy and picks up the ball. A skaven falls over trying to dodge.

K13: The ball carrier is blitzed down, sending the ball into the hands of an awaiting goblin.

S13: The goblin with the ball dodges down the sidelines. MnT stands up to blitz, only to double-skull.

K14: A warrior falls over blocking a goblin.

S14: LnS has his ribs broken by a Skaven.

K15: A goblin is injured by a warrior.

S15: The goblin runs in the score.

K16: Khorne only has 10 players left to field after its second injury. With five players out, Kanil is also fielding his only 11. Kanil gets a perfect defense, allowing him to pull to a strong side for the inevitable overtime. New TAB picks up the ball and runs it forward. With the minotaur wilding on a blitz, there's little other offense to be had.

S16: A goblin gets injured being tossed at New TAB. Fritz is knocked over by MnT. A skaven takes down a warrior. A goblin dodges to beside New TAB.

K17: New TAB dodges away from the goblin and tosses an inaccurate pass toward the other, emptier side of the field.

S17: The troll stands around stupidly. The goblin runs toward the ball. Another goblin dodges three times to pick up the ball.

K18: A warrior knocks over the ball carrier. New TAB runs over to pick up the ball and tosses it downfield to a rookie beastman. Fritz falls over trying to get away from MnT.

S18: A blitzer stuns the ball carrier.

K19: A warrior stuns a goblin. Another warrior knocks out a different goblin. The minotaur fails to blitz MnT, and Fritz fails to dodge away from him.

S19: Lots of pushes. An attempted pass to the downfield goblin fails.

K20: A warrior knocks over the goblin near the ball. Speedy knocks a goblin off the pitch. New TAB picks up the ball, but fumbles the throw.

S20: The troll pushes a warrior off the pitch. New TAB is pushed off the ball by a Skaven blitzer. A skaven thrower picks up the ball.

K21: The minotaur knocks himself over make a 2-die block on MnT.

S21: The thrower runs beside the end zone.

K22: A warrior forgets to declare a blitz, and so only knocks over a goblin.

S22: The thrower runs in the score.

K23: With a knocked out warrior staying down, Khorne can only field nine. One warrior is then knocked out by a fan with a rock. New TAB picks up the kickoff and launches it to Speedy. The minotaur knocks over the troll on the wing, and Speedy runs the ball downfield. The front line pushes forward, until a beastman knocks himself over on a 3-die block.

S23: A blitz knocks out speedy.

K24: A couple of players get knocked out.

S24: A warrior is knocked out.

Final Score: Skitterscamps 2 - 1 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: Another epic match between Kanil and myself. I went for a put-the-game-away risk on Turn 11, and it ended up costing me. The overtime grind was tense and fun, but the early injuries took their toll on my ability to fill gaps in the line, and Kanil's deep goblin bench ensured he could keep exploiting those holes.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 06, 2013, 11:15:48 pm »

At the start of the game, I miscalculated how many players I needed to knock down some of ndkid's guys, resulting in me having to pull more players out of position for assists. I failed to notice this left a hole in my TZs. This mistake put me in a hole that took 21 turns to claw out of.

Blood Bowl is harsh sometimes.

'course, it's harsher to ndkid, who had several chances to put the game away, but failed each time. I really shouldn't have won this one.

With this game played, one semi-final is now set: AlStar and I will square off for a place in the finals.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 07, 2013, 07:41:00 am »

Would it be possible to get the day/time the semi-finals and final will be played when they're decided?  Although the chances are slim, if I were online at the time it would be nice to spectate.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 08, 2013, 10:50:33 am »

Monk's Marauders 2 - 0 Bay12 Breakers

The Marauders received to start the game, and spent the entire first half grinding down the field against the dwarves, who saved Anvilfolk the Deathroller for their own drive. The dwarves weren't able to throw many blocks since they were spending so much time standing up (or getting carted off the field,) and the few blocks they landed resulted in pointless pushes. Grant Valdred the ST 4 Blitzer racked up a pair of CAS, Seneschal Sigric pushed Girlinhat the ST4 Troll Slayer into the crowd (no lasting harm, though,) and some other dwarf got KO'd en route to Eomund Tonkai the Human Captain running the ball in himself, 1-0 Marauders.

The Bay12 Breakers finished the first half by KOing Balkoth the Ogre, who did not return for the second half. The dwarves lined up with four players deep to receive, and everyone else on the line. The dorf line blasted apart the humans, and the Deathroller made a deep push into Marauder territory, but the pass intended to take advantage of this gaping hole was incomplete. The Marauders scrambled around the flanks, putting several TZs on the ball, but there were too many dwarves back there to get a real shot at it. The Great Dwarven Clusterfuck of guard and ST formed around the aggressive humans, ultimately squeezing them out, though the Deathroller was tied up with a human lineman.

In the critical few turns of the game the humans and dwarves traded possessions, with humans dropping like flies but pulling off just enough elfy shenanigans to pop the ball loose again. However, even as ank had his best blocks of the game, he also had his worst; his last chance to set up a scoring chain on turn 14 was undone by a blocker throwing double skulls. The humans managed to secure the loose ball and score a TD to put the game away the very next turn.

Final Thoughts: WHEE I finally won a playoff game! Thought I was gonna choke it away in the second half, too; by the end I had half my team in the KO box, and if ank had had one more reroll he had a decent chance to force overtime (long way to run, but he had time and players downfield to hand the ball to.) I KNEW those bad habits were a good investment! Note to self: buy another lineman, if ank had had decent blocks in the first half I'd have been depopulated on the second drive.

Now to sit back and wait for the winner of Charmander vs Jartol...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 08, 2013, 03:31:00 pm »

15 players is definitely a lot, but all of the top ranked teams are rather bash-oriented at the moment, so it makes sense. We need some elf coaches to step up!

Match validated. From what I understand, Charmander vs Jartol seems like it'll happen this weekend. Timezone differences and stuff.

As for match times, I'll be sure to post the times of any remaining games I'll play here once I have them scheduled.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 09, 2013, 03:13:58 am »

Thanks for the game, Monk! Good luck in the sem-finals!

A humiliating defeat for the dorfes, loosing both TD-wise and in the CAS department.

I am considering bringing back W00t W00t for the next season, anybody still have nightmares about the 12 move catcher?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 09, 2013, 03:45:53 am »

I'd be more than willing to take another shot at fouling him to death. :)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 09, 2013, 11:20:21 am »

Do it! The Marauders still want revenge after the way the last game against that guy ended!

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 10, 2013, 09:44:19 am »

...4-3 after an utterly bullshit 32-turn game.

You know why it was that long? Because Jartol spent nigh on 90% of overtime fouling, injuring, and sloooowly walking the ball upfield. Even when I was crippled, (and I was crippled about three or four turns into the second half) the fucker persisted in stalling unnecessarily and then leaving me open to equalise.

There were a good several chances where he could have put it to bed, but oh no. No, each and every skink must be fucking reamed by decrepit undead cock just to spite me.

Other than that, first half was lucky for me and I had an early score, and I threw the second drive with a lot of bad positioning. The second half was constant bad luck amplified by about five casualties in the space of maybe two turns.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 10, 2013, 12:06:35 pm »

Due to popular demand (mainly the demand for elven punching bags)
w00t w00t will return next season, faster and dodgier than ever!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Semi-Finals
« Reply #1031 on: August 10, 2013, 02:55:19 pm »

Okay, so... I apparently fucked things up or something. I dunno. I'd also like to blame Cyanide, while I'm here.

Basically, the semi-final matchups are inverted. In retrospect, I see why, but I wasn't aware it worked like that. (When the first round matches were automatically assigned correctly, I had assumed the second round matches would be too. I suppose my faith in Cyanide was rewarded.)

If this is an issue, we can create a side league with the four teams involved, and use the correct seeding and finish the tournament there, or we can simply play the games as is. I'll leave that open to you three.

The matchups as they currently sit are:
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Kanil - Skitterscamps

Correct matchups would be AlStar vs Kanil, monk12 vs Jartol.

Thoughts?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 10, 2013, 08:39:49 pm »

It makes no big difference to me; tough game for me either way. Of course, it's playoffs, so they're all tough games :P

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 10, 2013, 08:41:47 pm »

Boo chaos dorfs.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 10, 2013, 08:46:45 pm »

Boo chaos dorfs.

You are the one most affected by this turn of events, yes :P

Let me know when you set up the side tourney, Kanil.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 149