Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261412 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 12
« Reply #975 on: July 20, 2013, 09:20:45 pm »

Hope to see you next season!

Thanks, and good luck in the playoffs!  Will be some pretty rough games I expect.

It should be a good playoffs; I've got a good preview the next couple weeks, with Charmander (current #4) on Monday, and then the last week of the regular season is vs Kanil (current #3)  And I could easily face Jartol (who handed me one of my two losses) in the first round of the playoffs!

Bay12 Breakers 1 - 1 The Other Kittens

Game went fairly well in my opinion, not one of my players took permanent damage! (With the exception of a 0 SPP fodder rotter, who gave up the good fight before my first turn :P). My star player continued the tradition of being nothing much more then an injury soak, and was removed from the game on Ank's turn 5 (my 4) with an injury (I'm seriously considering not getting any more, have yet to have one even last to halftime :P). If ndkid loses his match I might still have a shot at the play-offs, but it'll be close. :D

Jartol, ndkid, or Symbiode lose/draw leaves the door open for you. Looks like you need to beat them clean on points, though, since you don't have any tiebreaker opportunities. Could be an interesting final week in that case; they all play teams ranked higher than themselves.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 21, 2013, 03:58:17 pm »

We have a mid-season slot currently available, if you'd like to join right now and play two games and pick up a skill or something before next season starts.

Otherwise, it'll be a couple of weeks before S8 starts, but it'll be great to have you participate.
I guess I could join Mid-Season, shoot me a message on steam, I posted my profile previously, and I'll join up as the Skaven. Is the first match this week or next?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:00:40 pm by A Spoony Bard »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 21, 2013, 04:38:33 pm »

How does the scoring work in this game? I was in a mini tournament with 4 teams. I won 2 matches, lost 1 in overtime. The one I lost seems to have been a team I beat already. So why would I be in last place?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 21, 2013, 06:50:50 pm »

Glistening Dementia dismembers Brunch's Big Bads 3-1 in the kind of game that every player who's ever faced off against high-level orcs wants to see.

Casualties were brutal.  The Big Bads took 2 deaths, including their +AG +MV level 6 goblin. They nearly lost their Troll, who would have died, had his regeneration not kicked in. They also nearly lost one of their high-level Black Orcs on a foul that killed him, but he was saved with only a SI (MNG.) To top it off, the Bad's thrower also took an SI (MNG.)

On my side, I took two BHs, one on a hobgoblin, one on a dwarf. The ref also called two of my hobgoblin players on their fouls.

The game was pretty one-sided. I used my early manpower advantage to steal the ball for a score. Then, on the last turn, the Bads goblin failed his pickup roll. My centaur needed an AG2 pickup under a TZ, then he needed either a pow, or an AG2 dodge, then 3 GFIs - all without a reroll. He made the pickup, failed to pow the goblin, but made the dodge and all three GFIs to score.

The Bads managed to score in the second, stealing the ball from me when I missed a throw. Then in the end of the 2nd, a handoff to the centaur managed 3 more GFIs for the TD.

I hired a wizard, who was totally useless. First shot was a fireball on 3 players, total miss. He recharged in the second, and missed with a lightning bolt.

The Bad's troll was hungry this game - he tried to eat his goblin teammates on no less than three or four occasions. Never went through with it, but he thought about it long and hard.

Good game Burnt Pies, sorry for mauling your team.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 21, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »

A Spoony Bard's DOOMWHEELS have arrived to replace our errant Dark Elves, meaning smakemupagus now has an opponent for this week, and hermes now has an opponent for week 13.

AlStar vs Burnt Pies has been validated, as well.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 21, 2013, 07:41:22 pm »

The thrower died. It was a blitzer or linesman missing next game.

With that, I've lost all of the players who made my team who they were. As such, the orcs will be vacating the premises at the end of this season. I might skip the next one as well, feeling somewhat burned out.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 21, 2013, 08:03:57 pm »

How does the scoring work in this game? I was in a mini tournament with 4 teams. I won 2 matches, lost 1 in overtime. The one I lost seems to have been a team I beat already. So why would I be in last place?

Difficult to say without more information, but the default tiebreaking procedures are strange and arcane, and I don't think head-to-head comes into it; I don't remember if we ever figured it out. That's why our league uses custom tiebreak rules.

The thrower died. It was a blitzer or linesman missing next game.

With that, I've lost all of the players who made my team who they were. As such, the orcs will be vacating the premises at the end of this season. I might skip the next one as well, feeling somewhat burned out.

*taps*

Sad to see Tuffgang pass on, he was one of my favorite pixels in the league. The thrower somewhat less so, though he was one of the more (if not the most) important cogs in the Orc machine. I understand why you might take a break after something like that, though I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping you come back for another season at some point in the future.

I'd like to join in on Season 8 as the Skaven, hopefully my mediocre skills at the game will leader me to one or more victories. I can be contacted on steam, my username is Friend Computer. My timezone is EDT (-4).

Hail, and well met! Skaven always give me trouble, so I look forward to our eventual match!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 22, 2013, 12:07:15 am »

Something is wrong in the universe... I now have a rotter with 5 agility. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 22, 2013, 12:31:17 am »

Good lord, how many stat freaks does your team HAVE!?!

Not that I have much room to talk after my last round of levelups, but still, two ST 5 warriors and now an AG 5 rotter? At least they're all slow...

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 22, 2013, 11:55:59 am »

1-1 all between humans and skinks.

Rain shut down both sides with fumbled pickups and failed catches. Also holy shit Charmander played a game on time what the fuck.

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 22, 2013, 12:04:52 pm »

1-1 all between humans and skinks.

Rain shut down both sides with fumbled pickups and failed catches. Also holy shit Charmander played a game on time what the fuck.
I'll be expecting a picture after your game next week. ;)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 22, 2013, 02:02:59 pm »

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

(Maybe if by some fucking miracle we make playoffs.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 22, 2013, 03:12:01 pm »

Charmander: You clinched a playoff spot a while ago. Top 8 this season, since we have more players. 'course, finishing 4th or 5th means you get ank's dwarves first round, and likely AlStar's chaos dwarves the next... so I'm hoping to beat monk and finish second.

Burnt Pies: Entirely understandable. If you choose not to sign up again, then thank you for your seasons of participation.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 22, 2013, 03:28:54 pm »

...Well, fuck.

(Also I had assumed playoffs were top four, not top eight. Still, quarterfinals is an achievement all the same.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 22, 2013, 04:27:09 pm »

You're in a good position to avoid the dorfpocalypse, just gotta win your last game. Even if monk and I draw, you still get enough points to surpass us.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 149