No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360325 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #810 on: March 26, 2012, 10:08:52 am »

seconded above. Let's analyze the planet for maybe a year before dropping humans on it.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 26, 2012, 10:11:10 am »

seconded above. Let's analyze the planet for maybe a year before dropping humans on it.
Also now that I think of it, let's check those solar monitoring sats. Maybe, on the off chance that I'm correct, we should install magnetic field generators to protect the colony.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 26, 2012, 10:26:42 am »

Also now that I think of it, let's check those solar monitoring sats. Maybe, on the off chance that I'm correct, we should install magnetic field generators to protect the colony.

I am all up for physically, via probes, checking it out first.

Also, no to Birdies on Gaia, either they die of undernourishment, or they survive and then find themselves whitout natural predators. ( SEE AQUARIUS,ALGAE)

I personally don't intend to do so without altering the ecosystem in a way that both Earth and Aquarius species can inhabit its space, at the same time.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 26, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »

Just read through the entire topic and its pretty awesome. Hope new people are welcomed. Loved the whole algae debacle. Since Im new I just wanted to say some things I thought up, see what people think without directing it as a sub-routine.

I really think the deep waters on Aquarius should probably be probed a bit. It seems the aliens have some knowledge of the solar system, so it wouldnt be odd to think they'd have sent out probes themselves, perhaps lost some on the planets. The discovery would be astounding! As for mining, why not go for planet C as well? It's got an abundance of metals, and would have ample amounts of oil and fossilised fuels due to all the animals. It was mentioned that some areas of the ocean were as shallow as 30 feet and relatively safe (compared to massive fishy), so why not take a note from DF and plug it/build a island and mine through? Some research would have to be thrown into construction but it could make for a safe base as well, except for crazy weather. Only predators would be flying creatures... in theory.

I also think that a contingincy plan should be consulted with the captain, in case of mass scale human death. Currently all humans are in one place which is dangerooouuus. Maybe have dna samples taken from all humans, and in case the human race is brought close to extinction (aliens, solar flare, meteor, riots) the AI can enact a plan to clone humans using the cloning center on Aquarius (modified of course).

And zomara, i really think you should add a set scouting group! Kind of a group of intel gatherers aimed more at the exploration of the solar-system/planets/astrological objects that can be used for the development of the colony. But kept seperate and away from the whole aliens thing.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 26, 2012, 01:31:46 pm »

Holy shit, lightbulb. Can we begin work on cybernetics? Just tossin' that out there.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 26, 2012, 01:33:28 pm »

Holy shit, lightbulb. Can we begin work on cybernetics? Just tossin' that out there.
Why not, we aint researching anything else this turn.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 26, 2012, 01:37:31 pm »

Why not, we aint researching anything else this turn.

Seriously? We'll let's put cybernettics on the back burner and try and research aerotransmission. Hold on. I'll link yah.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 26, 2012, 01:42:11 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer

If we can improve this, make it more accurate and all, it would be worlds better. A lot less resources used to get stuff from place to place and it might even make our wacky teslaslingers more useful.

TL;DR: it is directing current without the need or wires, and using just a transmitter and receiver. Think about it, no powerlines, no wire mess, no over use of metals. The more we can improve this, the more vastly economical we become with our resources.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:44:34 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 26, 2012, 05:07:34 pm »

Yes perhaps when making Arie's atmosphere we could add some sort of gas that would improve it's conductivity, likely no where near to the conductivity of an actaul metal surface but close enough to make it viable. Only problem is that we would have to make sure the colonists don't get shocked, which is pretty important considering we have such a small population and if we loss too many we might drop below the theshold for a long-temr viable population.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 26, 2012, 05:16:32 pm »

Yes perhaps when making Arie's atmosphere we could add some sort of gas that would improve it's conductivity, likely no where near to the conductivity of an actaul metal surface but close enough to make it viable. Only problem is that we would have to make sure the colonists don't get shocked, which is pretty important considering we have such a small population and if we loss too many we might drop below the theshold for a long-temr viable population.

Or we could improve the receiver to literally "pull" excess electricity out of the air. If I'm not mistaken, the air has just tons of electricity lying around. And if we can't do it on a large scale we could at least use it on small scale electronics. I think it would make them more durable, considering the wires won't corrode or melt if we push them to hard, unless the gas we use is at all corrosive to any of the parts.

A lot of variables but a killer return. Votes for or propositions for another research topic would probably be a good idea.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:02 pm »

Can we think of plausible solutions to our problems? This is worse than a succession game where its just ramblings of madmen.
WE NEED TO COME UP WITH A CONCLUSION SO GM CAN UPDATE! to zee stars! Therefor my vote is with the most popular ideas.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 26, 2012, 08:32:09 pm »

Can we think of plausible solutions to our problems? This is worse than a succession game where its just ramblings of madmen.
WE NEED TO COME UP WITH A CONCLUSION SO GM CAN UPDATE! to zee stars! Therefor my vote is with the most popular ideas.
mad rambliling makes for fun and healthy games. stimulates thought and produces gems.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:12 pm »

Gaia is definitely quite suspicious. Do specific examinations to detect traces of previous life there, and voice our thought to the captain that something may have terraformed that planet. Notify him that if they did, and they aren't there now, caution would be vital.

Come to think of it, the aliens didn't seem too surprised to find other life in the galaxy. They had a sort of 'meh' attitude. We have to be prepared for whatever killed the beings that 'formed Gaia, likely something to do with the sun. See if we can't start constructing a extra magnetic barrier that we can turn on if we catch wind of a solar flare. Rad bunkers also.

As for the birds, see if we can't crowdsource a sign language that us and the avians can use and begin to teach them it.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 26, 2012, 09:30:02 pm »

I will bite, but tellescope it first. then send ten probe. high stealth probes.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 27, 2012, 10:38:44 am »

I will be posting this evening, so get any final suggestions in.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 117