Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best necromancy subjects.  (Read 2493 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Best necromancy subjects.
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:20:55 pm »

I want to know your experience with raising the dead. Which creatures worked best? I quite like to have a few zombie giant desert scorpions around, to be honest.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best necromancy subjects.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:27:10 pm »

I knew i struck gold with those scorpions, lopping limbs off left and right to be raised again.

I found flying creatures particularly usefull too.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:13:11 pm »

Can you raise a dragon?

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:27:59 pm »

I've had great success with zombie titans. They lose their breath attacks after zombification, though (not that that's really necessary because the things basically become giant damage sponges, and even limbless ones can kill quite easily by just pushing at your opponents until something gets crushed). The nature of titans is to be randomly generated, though, so take this with a grain of salt. Giant Dingoes have also proven pretty useful.

Zombified necromancers, sadly, don't seem to be anything special. Maybe Huskified necromancers?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 08:41:10 pm »

Children. Forget about combat benefits, and think about RP potential. Of course, doing that felt so wrong that I killed off my necromancer.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 09:05:19 pm »

More speculation than personal tale, but I imagine a zombie hydra would be all kinds of dangerous. In addition to basically being a giant stab-absorbing snake, you can raise the individual heads when they inevitably get lopped off. It's basically a walking (whatever slithering) armory for necromancers.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 10:48:56 pm »

I want to know your experience with raising the dead. Which creatures worked best? I quite like to have a few zombie giant desert scorpions around, to be honest.

Does the poisonous sting still work after death?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 09:24:14 am »

Does the poisonous sting still work after death?
Sadly, no. However, it seems to pierce through everything it touches.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 09:46:47 am »

For ease of carrying, I've taken to grabbing the heads of things that I kill, and then throwing them, to animate on target.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 11:06:29 am »

For ease of carrying, I've taken to grabbing the heads of things that I kill, and then throwing them, to animate on target.

strangely, thats likely what i will do, being a head collector and all.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 11:10:06 am »

Hmm, would boogeymen work?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:00 am »

No, they evaporate after you kill them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 11:19:32 am »

No, they evaporate after you kill them.
My version must be glitched. I can raise boogeymen as zombies.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 11:27:58 am »

The evaporation is not instant.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 11:43:27 am »

Off-topic:
Has someone ever categorized the boogymen?
Becouse, for me it is hard to categorize them (they might be aliens!)
Pages: [1] 2