Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Prisoner: Law-Giver of Human Civ  (Read 2176 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Goblin Prisoner: Law-Giver of Human Civ
« on: February 20, 2012, 03:41:28 pm »

So, Degnu not only killed a Hydra by throwing rocks peebles at it, but he also found A Goblin "Prisoner" which, somehow, is the Law-Giver of a Human Civ!

Spoiler: Goblin Prisoner (click to show/hide)

How could I help him escape that place?
Also, if I killed him (since he's a prisoner), would everyone hate me?

Well...I don't want to kill him because this is too funny, I'll just kill him to see what happens, and then revert the save.

I don't want to savescum with Degnu though, he's too awesome to live a life of Savescummed Imortality.
(I'll start a diary of this character, will be the first time I ever write a story about DF, but there's some weird stuff going in this world... this Goblin also lived in a tomb for a year, with no explanation at all)

--
EDIT:
Erm..I just asked him to join me..so now I have a Human Civilization Law-Giver Goblin Prisioner following me around.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:44:42 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Prisoner: Law-Giver of Human Civ
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 04:01:16 pm »

You can help him to escape by asking him to join you. Definitely do it.

I want to see if there's a loyalty cascade. :P
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 04:17:39 pm »

Yup. But (unfortunately), nothing happened.
He was a hunter, though, so I'm adventuring in the dungeons of his old castle and killing some kobolds.

Funny thing: Since my adventurer is a Hero in the whole world, not even outcast groups attack me.
I found an outcast human and talked to him, even got some quests from him, but he went on to attack my Goblin friend and he's throwing bolts at him until the human dies.

Any way to give/help the Goblin get more bolts when he's out of it? He almost never miss a shot, it's scares me a bit.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 04:28:29 pm »

This is how recruiting prisoners has always worked: they'll join you and the civ won't be hostile too you if they weren't before.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

Yup.
Still, it's very weird having a prisioner as a leader.
Even more weird taking the civ leader for a stroll over the dungeons filled with outcasts..

He seems to have fun though, but I won't be able to play until wednesday or so.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 05:17:48 pm »

This is actually how you can get fucking demons in your party: they come up to take civilizations over, but then those civs get conquered and they become a prisoner, who you can free and have join you.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 05:45:22 pm »

... He almost never miss a shot, it's scares me a bit.

That seems to be the norm now ...
I already lost 2 adventurers toi headshots from several tiles away   :o

btw. IŽd like to know about getting bolts as well,
my current adventurer bought a crossbow in a shop of a larger town,
but somehow bolts seem  sem t be extremly rare ...
I found 2 silver bolts after searching numerous shops for imported goods as well as the only bowmaker I could find ...
usually they have crossbows and bows en masse, just no bolts (or arrows).
(only visited humanstowns to date, therefore dunno if dwarves maybe have shops with a better supply of arrows/bolts)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »

... He almost never miss a shot, it's scares me a bit.

That seems to be the norm now ...
I already lost 2 adventurers toi headshots from several tiles away   :o

btw. IŽd like to know about getting bolts as well,
my current adventurer bought a crossbow in a shop of a larger town,
but somehow bolts seem  sem t be extremly rare ...
I found 2 silver bolts after searching numerous shops for imported goods as well as the only bowmaker I could find ...
usually they have crossbows and bows en masse, just no bolts (or arrows).
(only visited humanstowns to date, therefore dunno if dwarves maybe have shops with a better supply of arrows/bolts)

Only humans have sites on the current version. Which means you can't visit any civ sites (except Humans [cities] and Kobolds [caves]), so you're stuck with human shops.
I find quite a bit of bolts in dungeons, castles and camps. Also, some Bandits (and in their camps) and Goblins have them.

I wanted to give the Goblin some bolts, because without that he'll start beating people with his crossbow and die horrible death very soon.
But I don't remember being possible to give items to companions, nor I think they get items on their own..

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 08:43:56 pm »

You can't in vanilla, but utilities (I think it was Runesmith) let you change to controlling one of your allies, then you can give them whatever equipment and change back.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 09:07:14 pm »

Hmm, good to know.
Unfortunately, my Goblin friend died when we got attacked by 4 outcasts.
My char still lives, but lost the left hand nerves..

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 10:02:56 pm »

Nerve damage and tendon damage is darn crippling :'(
I've lost a few adventurers this way and it's really a pitty there aint some way to fix it, like a doctor or a temple (requiring some of your hard earned funds).