Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Were-fortress project  (Read 6481 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Were-fortress project
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 06:01:26 pm »

The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 09:24:30 am »

Once infected just segregate them in a sub-fort to train for all eternity. Use a shaft to drop in supplies periodically. Design fortress to have airlocks EVERYWHERE! When you need the were-soldiers just raise the bridges to create a safe path to the goblins and keep the other dwarves from risking infection. Worse case scenario, lock a couple men or women in the bowels of your fort to train until they die of old age to act as anchors for your forts survival. Hell, give them your cave wheat seeds and they can start a minifort. With Hookers! And blackjack!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 04:32:25 pm »

Once infected just segregate them in a sub-fort to train for all eternity. Use a shaft to drop in supplies periodically. Design fortress to have airlocks EVERYWHERE! When you need the were-soldiers just raise the bridges to create a safe path to the goblins and keep the other dwarves from risking infection. Worse case scenario, lock a couple men or women in the bowels of your fort to train until they die of old age to act as anchors for your forts survival. Hell, give them your cave wheat seeds and they can start a minifort. With Hookers! And blackjack!
Nah, these aren't vampires. They're only monsters once a month. Just having a secure room to keep them in come full moon is more than enough. Hell, just having them burrowed to a barracks there to train all year works perfectly. They can even go back to their old civilian jobs without penalty.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 04:47:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

true but unless you're paying close attention you can easily get distracted and have them shift while you're fighting a siege and a FB. Add in the weresoldiers rending apart other civvies/soldiers and it just gets worse. D:

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 05:51:12 pm »

Keep the were creatures apart from your regular soldiers o-o
Pages: 1 2 [3]