Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Mummy frieds keep vanishing  (Read 1814 times)

ViiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Mummy frieds keep vanishing
« on: February 19, 2012, 02:18:33 pm »

So I've become a necromancer and decided to raise an army of undead lead by the elite mummy warriors...

When to a tobm and hired some mummy soldiers, but as they go out of the tomb and walk some distance from them, they simply disapear.... this is not dwarfy at all!

EDIT: All raised corpses and skeleton are following me without any problem, but not mummy...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:21:36 pm by ViiK »

Fidel Franco Fox

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_RAWS: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: My Mummy frieds keep vanishing
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 02:34:56 pm »

So I've become a necromancer and decided to raise an army of undead lead by the elite mummy warriors...

When to a tobm and hired some mummy soldiers, but as they go out of the tomb and walk some distance from them, they simply disapear.... this is not dwarfy at all!

EDIT: All raised corpses and skeleton are following me without any problem, but not mummy...
How did you hire mummies? I can't do that at all.
You lick the vampire blood from your large copper dagger.
You cut you tounge!
You are bleeding!
You have bled to death.

ViiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 02:39:31 pm »

Become necromancer, sneak to a coffin and when he jumps out simply speak to him. If he is a warrior you will easily hire him as a normal warriors, farmers and etc might not join you.

Fidel Franco Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 02:42:39 pm »

Become necromancer, sneak to a coffin and when he jumps out simply speak to him. If he is a warrior you will easily hire him as a normal warriors, farmers and etc might not join you.
Well damn it. Every tomb I have contains gem setters and haulers, that died of starvation.They don't deserve to destroy the world with me.
You cut you tounge!
You are bleeding!
You have bled to death.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 03:46:58 pm »

Well damn it. Every tomb I have contains gem setters and haulers, that died of starvation.They don't deserve to destroy the world with me.
Pft, don't you get it? They simply starved themselves as a sign of solidarity, to attain awesome curse necro powers!

Fidel Franco Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 05:25:38 pm »

Pft, don't you get it? They simply starved themselves as a sign of solidarity, to attain awesome curse necro powers!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You cut you tounge!
You are bleeding!
You have bled to death.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 09:38:59 pm »

Mummies walk very slowly and then have short bursts of speed. So, you're probably just outrunning them.  Walk slower to make sure they keep up.  If they get out of sight, wait an hour, and they should reappear. 

I think they're designed to jump out of the shadows at tomb-robbers, rather than to be useful companions.

Boochdizzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 11:13:28 pm »

Actually, its probably because saving makes mummies go invisible and frozen in the square they're in. So you have a mummy friend until you save, then he vanishes. If you go to the square he was standing on, you'll find there's an invisible obstruction preventing you from moving through that space unless you go prone.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 11:56:33 am »