Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HALP! Plants.  (Read 1641 times)

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HALP! Plants.
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:09:58 pm »

Hey, i'm trying to write a new plant in but i just CAN'T MAKE IT WORK!!!! this is what i have so far:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm a total newb at this, i have looked at the wiki.
I added the below because as far as i know this is what makes my plant an underground plant, i only wanted to make it underground to test it by having it on embark to make it easy to test it, but ideally i want it an outside crop.
[WET][DRY]
   [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER]
   [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:3]

Also, is it possible to A. make it so drinking this will help manage pain (make dwarfs not colapse in pain or something.) make dwarves very happy if they drink/eat but VERY unhappy if they stop drinking/eating? if not it does not matter THAT much. 

Do i need [EDIBLE_COOKED] to be able to create alcohol from a plant?  I would REALLY appreciate it if people could comment on this raw a little to help me out? i generally learn by example with some comments a LOT faster when looking at code that's been commented. (i'm a python, perl and php programmer.)   

One last thing, is it possible to make certain items contraband to caravans? Thank you.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: HALP! Plants.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:30:25 pm »

You have some redunancy, In which I will be correcting and i will comment what I can (with my own way of saying how it works)

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:OPIUM_POPPY_POD]
   [NAME:poppy pod][NAME_PLURAL:poppy pods][ADJ:poppy pod]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
      [EDIBLE_VERMIN] - Plant it's self (raw form after being picked by herbalist/farming will be eaten by vermin if tehy have the chance)
      [EDIBLE_RAW] - Can be eaten in it's raw form ^^^
   [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
   [GROWDUR:500][VALUE:5]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Laudanum]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:Laudanum]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling Laudanum]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:5:0:1]
      [EDIBLE_RAW] - can be drank in it's raw liquid form (adding EDIBLE_COOKED will allow it to be cooked into meals to be eaten)
      [PREFIX:NONE]
   [DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK] - This is for the 'still' for brewing purposes
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
      [EDIBLE_VERMIN]
      [EDIBLE_COOKED] - Seeds can be cooked and eaten
   [SEED:poppy seed:poppy seed:4:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
   [SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER] - Growing seasons
   [FREQUENCY:100]
   [CLUSTERSIZE:5] - max size that can be picked from herbalism (farming ignored this due to farmer skill and fertilizer)
   [WET][DRY]
   [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER]
   [BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
   [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:3]
   [PICKED_TILE:58][PICKED_COLOR:4:0:0]
   [SHRUB_TILE:':']
   [DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:':']
   [SHRUB_COLOR:5:0:0]
   [DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:0:0:1]

This "should" work better for you, not giving a 100% sureness on this tho

EDIT:
Just noticed this!!!!

filename: plant_poppies.txt
plant_standard

[OBJECT:PLANT]

it should be:

filename: plant_poppies.txt
plant_poppies

[OBJECT:PLANT]

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 11:40:39 pm »

I love you!!!

I'm making a big mod, going to be adding lots of growable trade goods, things like tea, etc. etc.  and will be sure to give you credit. :)

Thank you!!

Also, is there any way i can make a drinkable/eatable item help with pain after someone is injured?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 11:53:16 pm »

i think that it's possible to make syndromes that work when ingested, so you could attach an ingested syndrome to the plant that causes numbness, should help supress pain, although it prolly isn't the best idea to make it too strong, intense numbness can lead toward permanent sensory nerve damage

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:03:08 am »

I love you!!!

I'm making a big mod, going to be adding lots of growable trade goods, things like tea, etc. etc.  and will be sure to give you credit. :)

Thank you!!

Also, is there any way i can make a drinkable/eatable item help with pain after someone is injured?

Sounds like a nice little Mod, I believe Ross Vernal is adding a bunch of plants and whatnot to my Mod Regen. It will be interesting to see your "Tea" and other plant product mod

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 06:33:22 pm »

I love you!!!

Thank you!!

Sounds like a nice little Mod, I believe Ross Vernal is adding a bunch of plants and whatnot to my Mod Regen. It will be interesting to see your "Tea" and other plant product mod

Well, what would you like to see with tea? These are community mods so I want input from the community. :) tea has traditionally been an valuable trade resource and brewing it would be not suitable  for dwarves (read, non alcoholic.) also tea is only drunk hot so I see a lot of problems except as a trade resource. Open to suggestions though! 

Also to the other poster, the taking to much being damaging would be amazing as opium is addictive, damage could help represent that.

Also on the civs I will add, is tradi g sentients in cages be doable? Prisoners of war and or criminals? Or if your a complete see you next Tuesday then selling your useless or child dorfSdwarfs into slavery?

Sorry typed on phone.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 06:39:55 pm »

Green tea and other herbal teas that give a tempory boast to regenitive stats

syndrome that has

[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:200:0:START:0:END:???] recuperation is doubled for the duration of the effect, I'm not 100% sure on what the trailing "0" does tho

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 03:52:56 pm »

Thanks! i often wonder what a lot of the numbers do, hopefully i will come to understand, REALLY wish DF had a proper scripting engine. ;)

I have yet ANOTHER problem, i need to make it so only dwarves in pain will drink/eat these objects, i have no idea how to do it, i was told water was hard-coded so i can't give it a water tag or something so it's given to them in the hospital, the only other work around i could think of would be to have a locked dorm room that injured dwarves would be assigned to and the laudanum being in a room within this space so it's only reachable when in the 'recovery ward', the idea of a recovery ward would be just to have beds, food, etc. on hand easily and made to look good and whatnot just so the dwarves can reach everything they need easily, giving them time to rest and recuperate as well as cheer up after being injured and drink lovely opiate tincture.  the problem is that this is a lot to do to be able to have a painkiller in game and i'm sure a lot of people will just put the painkiller in with there regular booze stash and have the dwarves drink it like normal which i do not want! (numb eventually causing nerve damaging which seems pretty likely if everyones drinking it constantly as a regular drink) so any other ideas on only getting the hurt to drink this?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 05:12:42 pm »

Thanks! i often wonder what a lot of the numbers do, hopefully i will come to understand, REALLY wish DF had a proper scripting engine. ;)

I have yet ANOTHER problem, i need to make it so only dwarves in pain will drink/eat these objects, i have no idea how to do it, i was told water was hard-coded so i can't give it a water tag or something so it's given to them in the hospital, the only other work around i could think of would be to have a locked dorm room that injured dwarves would be assigned to and the laudanum being in a room within this space so it's only reachable when in the 'recovery ward', the idea of a recovery ward would be just to have beds, food, etc. on hand easily and made to look good and whatnot just so the dwarves can reach everything they need easily, giving them time to rest and recuperate as well as cheer up after being injured and drink lovely opiate tincture.  the problem is that this is a lot to do to be able to have a painkiller in game and i'm sure a lot of people will just put the painkiller in with there regular booze stash and have the dwarves drink it like normal which i do not want! (numb eventually causing nerve damaging which seems pretty likely if everyones drinking it constantly as a regular drink) so any other ideas on only getting the hurt to drink this?
Update on [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:200:0 that following "0" is a forceable boost so say you don't want the %200 just a 500 boost then [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:100:500:START:xxx:END:xxx] would do the trick

As for getting dwarves to drink the healing drought would be lace the water supply with the healing drought. Probally by dumping the healing drought into the water source where the well is so the buckets get "water laced with healing drought" in them

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 06:46:33 pm »

Update on [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:200:0 that following "0" is a forceable boost so say you don't want the %200 just a 500 boost then [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:100:500:START:xxx:END:xxx] would do the trick

As for getting dwarves to drink the healing drought would be lace the water supply with the healing drought. Probally by dumping the healing drought into the water source where the well is so the buckets get "water laced with healing drought" in them

That's an awesome idea, thank you!!! the only problem then is can i assign a well/water only to the hospital?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 08:18:19 pm »

*SNIP*

That's an awesome idea, thank you!!! the only problem then is can i assign a well/water only to the hospital?
You can't assign a well, but I normally have only one water source for the hospital (which is in the hospital) but thats just my building designs. SO by making a 'zone' for water forces everyone to use it instead (acually not really but they prefer it over any other source of water)

Since only my injuried drink water, the logical choice is to bring the water and well to the hospital.

Squee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 06:44:58 pm »

Awesome, thanks! can i put the laudinum into water in buckets or must it be in a water source?

Also, you now have me thinking of if it's possible for enemys such as kobolds to sneak in and dump not so nice things into your water, wonder if that would be possible.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 07:04:23 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:08:23 am by Ogdibus »