Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ghostly vampire  (Read 7134 times)

MoonSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ghostly vampire
« on: February 18, 2012, 08:22:02 am »

I atom smashed a vampire and he is still drinking dwarven blood! He came back as a ghost and is still going at it, it seems... he just killed my legendary bone carver >_>

well most importantly, can anyone think of any !!science!! I can do before i put him to rest?

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ghostly vampire
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:32:45 am »

Relatively apt name for a vampire; Abyssabbey. 
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 10:19:51 am »

Get him hammered of course.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

MoonSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 10:32:37 am »

its a ghost vampire since i atom smashed him, does anyone know how to put these guys to rest? They are killing dwarves left and right!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:35:00 am »

Stand back! Ghost scientist coming through!

My study of ghost says it's impossible to stop, slow, or distract them in any way shape or form without engraving a slab for them or burying their body. 

Did you actually see the ghost do the bloodsucking? It's possible that you have more than one.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:42 am »

yep engrave a slab.

MoonSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 11:01:46 am »

I atomsmashed the vampires and I don't know their real name since they used an alias. I can't engrave a slab of them either... the vampire's name was fledge releasetours according to the slab I engraved the vampire's name was fledge ( <- nickname) releasetours. The name is not on the list of engravable people.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 11:04:18 am »

I atomsmashed the vampires and I don't know their real name since they used an alias. I can't engrave a slab of them either... the vampire's name was fledge releasetours according to the slab I engraved the vampire's name was fledge ( <- nickname) releasetours. The name is not on the list of engravable people.
I've never canonically caught a vampire but when you turn a dwarf into a vampire their profession gets vampire tacked on, It's a stupid question but is there any name that says "vampire" at the end?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 11:04:59 am »

Congratulations, you've doomed your fort. Should've used a spike or something instead of atom smashing :P

MoonSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 11:44:04 am »

So essentially, I've released these vampires from their mortal shackles and now they shall go around feasting on the world of man eerrr... dwarves

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 12:12:40 pm »

We need an exorcist profession.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 12:14:39 pm »

Actually there is a way to get rid of it without a slab. You need to induce a fell mood in one of your dwarves and use burrows to make sure it gets ahold of the vampire ghost. The mood dwarf should murder the ghost with his mood powers, then he'll go on to kill a dwarf or go insane so either way getting rid of that vampire is going to cost you two dwarves.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 12:39:52 pm »

Wait a minute, you mean that Dwarves are so powerful that they're actually half-demonic, and are capable of reaching past the supernatural barrier of the Corporeal and Incorporeal existences, JUST to try and murder a ghost for his non-existent bones, with which to make Lithusskud, the Boats of Robustness, a Vampire-Bone Kilt?
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 12:53:00 pm »

Wait a minute, you mean that Dwarves are so powerful that they're actually half-demonic, and are capable of reaching past the supernatural barrier of the Corporeal and Incorporeal existences, JUST to try and murder a ghost for his non-existent bones, with which to make Lithusskud, the Boats of Robustness, a Vampire-Bone Kilt?
They try to take the ghosts bones, when they can't they kill another dwarf- possibly another ghost until they get their bones.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 12:54:09 pm »

New profession:
Ghostly Ghost Vampire.
Pages: [1] 2 3