Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD  (Read 19064 times)

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2012, 03:15:34 pm »

Xil waits until the situation escalates and fighting begins and plans to drain the wounded zealot 5 in the commotion
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:32:34 pm by agentorangesoda »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2012, 03:41:33 pm »

Kal sighed and shrugged. Rising from the wounded man, he turned to face the newcomer zealots.

"Is this really necessary, by the way? What do you possibly hope to gain from killing us all for your demonic masters?

Oh, did I let that slip out? Nevermind, I'm sure it's just a vampiric lie."

Attempt diplomacy. When that fails, attack the zealot on the left, attempting to use my training weapon to disarm or get close enough to grapple.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2012, 06:23:44 pm »

Snapping out his hunger induced frenzy Bel looks around the room as the others go about their business. After taking a moment to assess the situation he turns towards Zealot 1 and smiles.

Use dominate will on Zealot 1.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2012, 12:49:57 pm »

[Turn 6: Brainwashed Twice]

Follow the Assassin. Shoot Zealot 1 in the face in the process.
[4+1] vs. [3] [Sneak Critical Damage: (5+1)*3=18] You land a perfect shot at the Zealot, your arrow hitting with such force that the brain sploshes out his ears and showers the zealots next to him.
[Overkill Consequences Avoidance Roll: 2] The Brute and his remaining partner look at you for a few moments, then without a signal, without a nod, without anything, start running towards you. That's exactly as creepy as it was in the old days.

Zealot 1: Overkilled.
Brute: now attacking the Headhunter. Zealot 3 still defending the Brute.

Sneak, Leap and Strike at the Zealot with the Black Warhammer!

Try to slice the jugular, if the neck has no guard. If not, then strike at the legs to disable!

[Hiding: 3] You find a good position from which to ambush the brute. You assume that position moments before the brute charges at Amala.
[First Attack: 1+1 vs. Brute: 1, Zealot 3: 5] [Second Attack: 4+1 vs. 5, 6] When moving in for the hit, you stumble into the pile of glowing weaponry - and boy, does it burn! The brute hurries so much to close the distance that he doesn't notice your yelp. His partner, however, does.
A blazing sword meets your daggers just before they reach the Brute's neck. [Zealot's Counterattack: 5 vs. 2] [Damage: 6+1] [Roll Against Pain: 2] Then the Zealot's blade plunges deep into your chest, piercing the heart. You collapse from the hit, screaming, absolutely helpless until the sword is taken out. The Zealot is then distracted by another vampire's attack, and stops paying attention to you.

Eldrin: -7 HP
Agony: -1 to fighting for the next turn.

Diego attack the the brute
Feed on one of the zealots
Note: Bolded and italicized actions are for minions additional underline is personal.
[6 vs. 5, 2] [Damage: 4] [4 vs. 2, 4] The Zealot takes his sword out of the Assassin's chest and raises it to parry one of Diego's attacks, but neither he not the Brute were fast enough to prevent Diego from landing a hit with another try.

Zealot Brute: -4 HP

[2+1 vs. 3; Failure To Feed Allows Counterattack] Your advances on the closest zealot are quickly cut off with a strike of his blazing sword.
[Zealot's Counterattack: 1 vs. 6; Critical Miss Allows Counterattack] Which puts the zealot at a great disadvantage when the sword jams inside the ground.
[Doctor's Counterattack: 2+1 vs. 4] Which doesn't make it any easier for you to feed on him, because he keeps shoving you away time and again until he finally frees his sword.

Xil waits until the situation escalates and fighting begins and plans to drain the wounded zealot 5 in the commotion
Why fight the big guys' fights? You clearly see there's no need to get involved lest you get stuck between the elf and the hammer.
[Autosuccess] You sip on the burned Zealot and watch the spectacle commence. Your victim's pained screams falter quickly, and soon he stops flinching.

Kal sighed and shrugged. Rising from the wounded man, he turned to face the newcomer zealots.

"Is this really necessary, by the way? What do you possibly hope to gain from killing us all for your demonic masters?

Oh, did I let that slip out? Nevermind, I'm sure it's just a vampiric lie."

Attempt diplomacy. When that fails, attack the zealot on the left, attempting to use my training weapon to disarm or get close enough to grapple.
[Bluff: 1-1 vs. 2] The Zealots find your idea funny for some reason, but don't say a word aside from chuckling and shaking their heads in astonishment. They keep fighting like they did before, albeit slightly cheered up by your assumption.

[Disarm: 1+1 vs. 6] Your attempt to disarm the sword-wielding zealot fails spectacularly. [Counterattack: 5 vs. 4+2] However, the instinctive fear of touching another blazing blade keeps you safe: you dodge the zealot's swing with superhuman speed and jump away hastily before he can land another attack.

The zealot is surprised at such intense reaction... at first. Then his eyes narrow and he exclaims loudly, seemingly addressing no one in particular:
"The performer freak avoids fire. Do not use Sun-Gold against him. I repeat, do not use Sun-Gold against him!"

Snapping out his hunger induced frenzy Bel looks around the room as the others go about their business. After taking a moment to assess the situation he turns towards Zealot 1 and smiles.

Use dominate will on Zealot 1.
The Zealot you've intended to take over had his brains smashed out by the bowelf even before she fully entered the room. Which is most unfortunate, but illustrates just how brutal can these 'peaceful' hypocrites be when they're out for blood. You wish the tree-hugger apologists back at the court would see that elf right now.

But the other Zealot, the one still living and without a scratch on him despite three of your progeny at once trying to kill him, is more than a good enough candidate for what you're going to do. [Mind Control: 6 vs. 1] You look him in the eye, give him your most brilliant smile, and crush his will utterly while he's staring at your pearl-white teeth.
The Zealot is under your total control now, but you notice his mind is irremovably connected to something of immeasurable power. If that thing tries to seize control of your minion, you're not sure you - or he, for that matter - would be able to stop it.
Acquired Minion: Brainwashed Zealot, wielding Sun-Gold Longsword, wearing Brain-Stained Zealot's Robes.

Quote from: Zealot Brute
11/15 HP
+1 to Strength, -2 Strength penalty to hit, 1d8+2 damage, -1 to enemy's Roll Against Wounds

Fight in the Twin Suns' name!
You are ready to beat the undead abomination into un-existence when one of your defenders falls over, arrow stuck in his face and brains leaking out his ears. You trace back the arrow to where it was shot from, and see a cloaked elf coming through the doorway, surrounded by three more people. You hear the Twin Suns' shouts boom through your mind:
"WE REMEMBER! THIS IS AMALA SUNGLEAM, THE HEADHUNTER! CLOSE THE DISTANCE AND CRUSH THE MURDERESS! NOW! BEFORE SHE KILLS AGAIN!"
You obey. You always obey the Twin Suns' direct orders: their voices are so loud it hurts, and they only get louder if you hesitate. You run to the elf and try to dodge your once-fellow-Brute Diego's strike, but don't do it well enough and get a sword in the side for your troubles. The pain was irrelevant, though; the elf posed the greatest threat on the battlefield and had to be killed now.
[6-1 vs. 2] [Damage: 4+2] [Roll Against Wounds: 2-1] The very first hit of your hammer sends her flying out of your melee range, but one strike proves enough: the elf yells sharply when her lower spine breaks upon the stone steps. You approach her and start raising your hammer to deliver a finishing blow.

Amala: -6 HP, Broken Spine(-3 to defense)

Spoiler: Ancient (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spin Doctor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Survivalist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speedster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assassin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Headhunter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy (click to show/hide)

Meet Teamwork: a novel game mechanic designed to bring that extra bit of reliability into the game's combat system and discourage lone-wolfing.
If you see some high-risk, high-reward opportunity, don't ditch it like you would in all other RTDs; use Teamwork to enhance your chances until they start looking good. Of course, that'll require a bit of talking to each other, but given my speed of updating... you'll have more than enough time for that.
Spoiler: Teamwork (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:51:35 pm by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2012, 01:03:18 pm »

Amala Sungleam was simply dumbfounded by the stupidity of the assassin. He just had to be stabbed in the heart and that Brute just had to rush her while she was notching another arrow. Now she was about to be killed by an incredibly stupid musclefreak.

"I can bet that even the puddle of refuse that gave birth to you did not love your hideous face. Oh wait, I bet she did not even realize you were born before leaving the toilet."

Arrow to his face. If unable, knuckle duster to his face. Rinse and repeat.

((The teamwork system is good, the battle-brother system I have working behind the scenes in the Covenant works a little like that but without tiers. And it is mostly about the knights working as meat shields when near their designated wizard.))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:12:18 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2012, 01:08:52 pm »

Xil, now sated, quickly swings a blow from his quarterstaff at the remaining zealot while he is distracted, attempting to knock him out. There was definitely treasure here, and this behemoth was going to lead him to it.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2012, 02:04:54 pm »

"Well now looks like i have to try a more direct approach with you"
Stab the zealot i tried to feed on then attempt feeding again.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2012, 03:05:59 pm »

Raise anyone who dies

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2012, 10:05:05 pm »

((Oh, wow.))

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

The man cursed at his incompetence, this shouldn't happen! The Twin Suns' were to fall, and his convert was not to be attacked with impunity!

Rush over to Amala's side and parry and incoming blows, attempt to counter any attack, but defense is vital.

OR Go and backstab that Brute as he is distracted by Amala. If the distance does not work, throw both daggers at him, if that doesn't work then run over to him and engage in unarmed grappling combat, focusing on bringing him down.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2012, 10:10:25 pm »

Grapple Brute.

Feast.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37:07 pm »

"I've never seen any of you before, other than Augustine Volkar and Amala Sungleam. I am Eldrin Faenir.

Are we all gathered for the same cause?"
said Eldrin, while moving from his position.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2012, 06:32:20 am »

*poke*

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:31 am »

[Turn 7]

"I can bet that even the puddle of refuse that gave birth to you did not love your hideous face. Oh wait, I bet she did not even realize you were born before leaving the toilet."

Arrow to his face. If unable, knuckle duster to his face. Rinse and repeat.
[Regeneration: 4] There's an audible snap in your back and then you can move again. The hammer-wielding zealot's eyes widen when you get up like you were never wounded; nevertheless, he gets ready for your next attack.

[3+1 vs. 4] Once he sees that you're still using a bow, the zealot closes the distance and pushes your hands to the side with his hammer's handle, messing up your aim. Your arrow hits the wooden beam on the ceiling and remains stuck there.

Xil, now sated, quickly swings a blow from his quarterstaff at the remaining zealot while he is distracted, attempting to knock him out. There was definitely treasure here, and this behemoth was going to lead him to it.
[2+1 vs. 1] [Damage: 2+1] [Roll Against Wounds: 4] You hit the Brute in the head. He doesn't dodge, and your hit lands quite squarely. The quarterstaff then springs off the Brute's jaw with a clank, causing no further damage.

Brute: 8/15 HP

"Well now looks like i have to try a more direct approach with you"
Stab the zealot i tried to feed on then attempt feeding again.
[2+1 vs. 2][Damage: 5] The Brainwashed Zealot doesn't fight you, and so you're able to control your drinking better. You stop long before the Zealot dies.

Brainwashed Zealot: -5 HP.

Raise anyone who dies
[1][3][2] You gesture vaguely across the room, but only Zealot 3, the one drained by the wig-wearing vampire, rises. He looks flimsy. Very flimsy.

Gained Undead Minion: Weak Zombie, 5 HP, 1d6-2 damage, enemy rolls against pain on hit.
Zealots 1, 5 cannot be raised.

Grapple Brute.

Feast.

[6+1 vs. 4] [Damage: 6] You climb the Brute's back and grab a drink. He tries to resist, but can't reach you without letting go of the hammer. You drain a lot of blood from him before he can finally shake you off.

Brute: 2/15 HP

The man cursed at his incompetence, this shouldn't happen! The Twin Suns' were to fall, and his convert was not to be attacked with impunity!

Rush over to Amala's side and parry and incoming blows, attempt to counter any attack, but defense is vital.

OR Go and backstab that Brute as he is distracted by Amala. If the distance does not work, throw both daggers at him, if that doesn't work then run over to him and engage in unarmed grappling combat, focusing on bringing him down.

By the time you reach the Brute, he already has his hammer stuck in the wall. It seems like a perfect opportunity for you to make sure he never gets around to dragging it out.

Assassin: defending Headhunter.

Quote from: Zealot Brute
2/15 HP, -1 to hit, 1d8+2 damage, -1 to enemy's Roll Against Wounds.

Kill the Headhunter.
[Brute: 5-1 vs. Amala: 4, Eldrin: 6] The elf jumps away from your strike, and your hammer hits the wall where she stood, crushing a stone to dust and lodging in the resulting hole.
[Eldrin's counterattack: 6 vs. 3; 3 vs. 5][Damage: 6-1] You're starting to pry the hammer out of the wall, but then something sharp strikes you in the back of your head and everything goes black.

Brute: Dead.

With the zealots dead, the group finally gets a chance to make introductions to each other. Even the silent ones give their names; defeating a hulking mountain of a man together tends to loosen lips a bit.

Eldrin's attempt to establish whether everyone in the group has the same goal here is met with silence.

Diego picks up the Black Warhammer and swings it a few times. He is not as clumsy with it as its original owner was, but remarks that this is but a lightened version of the real weapon.

Teamwork Status: Tier 1 for Everyone in the Group.

Diego: Wielding the Black Warhammer.

Status of the room:
All players and their minions are inside.
There are toppled racks of Sun-Gold Training Rapiers all across the room. The Sun-Gold is the only source of light in the room; there aren't any torches on the walls.

Loot:
- 2 Sun-Gold Longswords
- an immeasurable number of Sun-Gold Training Rapiers
- a yet-unfound stash of weaponry somewhere in the room
- 3 sets of bloodstained Zealot Robes, one of them Brute-sized

Corpses:
Zealot Brute, dagger wound in the back of his head.
Zealot 1, an arrow in his skull and his brains on the ground. Cannot be raised.
Zealot 5, heavily burned, dry of blood. Cannot be raised.

Spoiler: Ancient (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spin Doctor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Survivalist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speedster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assassin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Headhunter (click to show/hide)

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2012, 08:25:11 am »

"Well, there goes my only chance at getting some information..." Xil muttered to himself. Composing himself, he faces the group: "Now that we all have so valiantly dealt with these disagreeable fellows, I think we would all benefit from a little chat concerning our intentions."

"I for one am here because some nefarious individual in this temple has framed me, accusing me of being a creature of the night, no less!"

The feigned indignity on his face subsides, replaced with a childish grin, "Now, who is going to help me find this treasure I have been searching tirelessly for?"

Continue search for treasure, begin by examining bodies

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2012, 08:47:24 am »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Drain any corpse to sate my hunger.

"Amala, some of those robes could aid you. From the...wound I've given earlier."

The man knelt down, casting an eye to Amala before looking at the hulk of a man, his back sporting a deep gash from his dagger.

Well, he was hungry...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:49:13 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11