Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD  (Read 19052 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Suns: A Vampire RTD
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2012, 07:25:03 pm »

Feed on the zealot.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:42:14 am by Flintus10 »

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2012, 09:39:56 pm »

Shit! where to go wait .
Fetch the assassin and get to the shrine on my map

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2012, 12:36:32 am »

((@Flintus10: you have failed your self-control roll and are trying to feed on the Zealot 3 right now. Change your action accordingly.

antlion12: waiting for Tiruin's decision, then I'll get to rolling a turn for everyone in the group to become a family again.))

Rescue Zealot 5 from Sun-Gold pile. Remove any afflicted clothing if some of it's broken. Prevent him from fleeing.

"I think you're done fighting for now; three on two's not good odds, especially when the weakest one hits like that. If you'd like to live, I suggest you find employment with me."
[Relieve Pain: 1] You pick up the zealot from his white-hot grave and extinguish his burning robes, but he still seems to find your offer irrelevant as he screams incoherently about the pain and how it burns.

A short look under the zealot's robes reveals a collection of deep, heavily blistered burns on his back. You think you can see chunks of raw meat here and there. Guess he won't be answering your questions now.

Xil springs into action, searching for something valuable or useful in the chaos
[Looting: 1] The only thing you find are those glowing training weapons all around the place. You fail to determine where these people kept the actual weaponry.

Fire a shot at Zealot 3

"Oh, by the way, Antora Darklance, at your service"
Antora Darklance: "Oh, and by the way: Antora Darklance, at your service!"
[4-1 vs. 3] Unfortunately, your shot misses the zealot by a few inches. Damn, this bolt would have made your entry so much more memorable if it hit.

[Luck: 2] These screams couldn't have gone unnoticed, could they? You hear loud footsteps from the door that leads deeper into the temple's catacombs. Moments later the door opens with a loud bang, and three people enter the room: two are wielding Sun-Gold Longswords, and the third, a heavily-muscled person, is carrying a warhammer of some opaque black stone. The hammer has a distinct unnatural feel to it.
Without saying a word, the whole group enters a triangular formation and advances at Two-Face in unison, apparently waiting for him to launch the first strike. The hammerman is standing in the front while the swordsmen are covering him from the sides.

Zealots 1, 2: 12/12 HP and Sun-Gold Longsword each. Defending the Zealot Brute.
Zealot Brute: 15/15 HP, +1 to Strength, carrying a Black Warhammer(-2 Strength penalty to hit, 1d8+2 damage, breaks bones like matches).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2012, 12:38:34 am »

((I saw his action, and was thinking about the 'messenger' first, because distance.  :P))

Edit: did not see that edit. Hold on.

Agree to the Offer

Search for any messenger that can tell the Spin Doctor of my quest.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:41:09 am by Tiruin »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2012, 12:53:29 am »

((I saw his action, and was thinking about the 'messenger' first, because distance.  :P))
((Oh, right.))

[1] None of the priests want to carry messages between vampires, and you can't seem to find anyone more unscrupulous on the street, given it's about five o'clock right now. When you turned to ask Amala about it, you met a stone-cold gaze suggesting you do not push the matter further.

You return to the temple and meet face-to-face with the high priest, who doesn't even try to hide his annoyance by now.
"Oh, don't mind me. The ceremony of making you a champion definitely doesn't have to be performed before the sun rises. Take your time."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2012, 01:02:31 am »

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

Agree to the Offer

"It looks like my return has to be delayed, then."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2012, 05:30:05 am »

[Turn 5.5]

Feed on the zealot.
[4+2] vs. [1] You cunningly hide your true strength and let your enemy think he has won this struggle. As soon as the zealot lets his defenses down to catch a breath, you grab his arms, spread them wide so he can't shield himself, and plunge your fangs deep into his neck.
Something crunches under your teeth and the zealot's entire body goes limp. Oh, whoops, was that his spine? Not that it matters. You drink until there's nothing left in your victim's veins, and emerge far less hungry than you were before.

Agree to the Offer
The ceremony was long, boring and unworthy of any remembrance. You've been washed, dried, made drink some nasty black brew and kneel before the altar as you were given a Ring of Anratha that would connect you to Her mind, that's all. It, however, bears mention that the moment you touched the ring, your perception of light and shade changed: you could just look at any place around you and immediately see how easy or difficult it would be to hide in that spot.
Coating removed: An Unhealthy Covering Of Assassin's Blood
Item added: Ring of Anratha
Ability added: Shadow Vision

You know where to go now. The old temple of Twin Suns on the outskirts of town; there's a secret passage there, disguised as a wall with an irremovable torch on it. The passage leads into the temple's catacombs, which were defaced and then rebuilt as living spaces for the Twin Suns' followers. There is probably a total of forty zealots in the Twin Suns' servitude; up to thirty of them are on various missions right now, preparing the city-states for an uprising and killing those who could oppose the Twin Suns' power. Today, when the temple is so undermanned, is the best opportunity you have to get into the temple's inner sanctum and destroy the shrine.
The shrine itself seems to be far deeper than just in the temple's catacombs. Anratha's shades have only been able to get to the deepest, third, level of the catacombs, where they have seen an entrance to another place, filled with light, fire and all sorts of foul smells. You don't have any information on what happens there and beyond.

As you explain the temple's layout to Amala and walk onto the streets, you notice three things. First, the whole Nobles' District is on fire and there are angry murmurs coming from all sides. Second, it's dawn already. Third, Spin Doctor himself is approaching the temple at a run, no doubt hurrying to pick you up, with some leather-clad troll of a man following him, the Twin Suns' mask hanging from the man's belt.
Eldrin Faenir: "What's happening? And who is this?"
The troll-man responds before the Doctor can open his mouth:
Diego: "I am Diego, your master's new bodyguard. Pleased to meet'cha. You made quite some racket stealing that gem, you know that? The Twin Suns' hitmen were already following your trail when I-"
Augustine Volkar: "No need to go into details, Diego. What's important, dear Eldrin, is that he had saved your life tonight. You can trust him. And... I see you've got a new acquaintance as well?"
Amala gives you a furious glare and starts tapping her foot in warning. The Doctor seems to notice that and adds rather hastily:
Augustine Volkar: "Never mind, we'll exchange pleasantries once we're out of here. The Old Gods are back, Eldrin, and they're not going to give us an opportunity for another Crusade. We must strike now, while their goons are busy rousing the rabble and murdering priests. The Twin Suns' main shrine has to be in their old temple somewhere. Follow me."

Having exchanged your knowledge on your way to the temple, you travel surprisingly quickly. The secret door in the temple was wide open when you arrived, screams of pain coming from the other side. You run through the corridor and arrive at a room illuminated with strange golden glow.

There is utter chaos in that room. First there is King Ramlan's advisor, his teeth sunk into a zealot's neck, his eyes closed, so deeply in his feeding he doesn't even notice a staff-wielding adventurer near him toppling racks and racks of white-hot weaponry over in search for something.
Then there's an intimidating-looking triad of zealots facing an abominable undead construct armed with a mace and a shield, the construct trying to defend a pale person in a robe completely unlike that of the zealots. This one's probably a necromancer of some sort.
And finally, your gaze stumbles upon the source of the screams: a man with painful-looking burns all over his back and arms, his robe charred and torn, with another robed figure standing over him, examining the burns.
[Roll against Detection: 5] Everyone in the room seems too preoccupied with what they're doing to notice the new arrivals. You can probably get a jump on whoever you attack if you do so now.

((All right, the group is assembled, the timeline is united and I'm going to roll full turns now.))

Spoiler: Ancient (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spin Doctor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Survivalist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speedster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assassin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Headhunter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:43:06 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2012, 06:47:19 am »

((Oh yeah, I am an elf. Hey Tiruin, we shall have so.much.fun. together.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2012, 07:42:22 am »

((Oh yeah, I am an elf. Hey Tiruin, we shall have so.much.fun. together.))
((You, too, are required to post an action now that you're one of the players.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2012, 07:55:15 am »

((You, too, are required to post an action now that you're one of the players.))
((Really? I thought I was supposed to just watch. I like to watch.
* Caellath waggles his eyebrows
Hehehe.))

Amala Sungleam looked down to her chest. It was not obvious at the moment due to the cloak, but her uniform had been torn by the Assassin's attack, and the elf did not the fact that she had not heard about compensation so far. Humans were complete idiots, either they were vampires or not.

"It seems the manners of human men towards women do not get any better unless you destroy everything they hold dear, which is to say anything under the waistline."

Follow the Assassin. Shoot Zealot 1 in the face in the process.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:31:23 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:43 am »

(( :o

Oh. Great. FUN.

I just created a player. Secret surprise there.

And...you're going to follow me? In a room full of hostilities?  :P))

Eldrin Faenir - Assassin

The assassin turned towards his newly-converted friend. "I couldn't find new clothes. The Cloak works well, it's not that obvious. To the untrained eye, at least," he says in the most sincere tone he could manage. The presence of other people did not help, but he wanted to make his...observations skills at least adhere to the truth, other than complimenting her physique.

Sneak, Leap and Strike at the Zealot with the Black Warhammer!

Try to slice the jugular, if the neck has no guard. If not, then strike at the legs to disable!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2012, 08:23:41 am »

((Summarizing the facts about this location for the players' convenience.))

Layout of the group's current location, the Sparring Room:
All players and their henchmen are inside.
There are toppled racks of Sun-Gold Training Rapiers all across the room, so watch your step. The Sun-Gold is the only source of light in the room; there aren't any torches on the walls.
There is a bloodless corpse of Zealot 3 on the ground, with the Ancient standing above him.
There is a heavily burned Zealot 5 writhing on the ground and screaming in pain near a pile of Sun-Gold Training Rapiers. Survivalist is examining the Zealot's burns at the moment.
There are three entry points in the room: one hole leading into the Castle's Escape Tunnels, one door leading into the Old Temple, and one door leading into the Catacombs Lv1. The catacomb door is blocked by a group of Zealots, see below in the 'Enemies' category.

Enemies in the Sparring Room:
Zealot 1: 12/12 HP, wearing Zealot's Robes and carrying a Sun-Gold Longsword. Currently defending the Zealot Brute.
Zealot 2: 12/12 HP, wearing Zealot's Robes and carrying a Sun-Gold Longsword. Currently defending the Zealot Brute.
Zealot Brute: 15/15 HP, +1 to Strength, wearing Zealot's Robes and carrying a Black Warhammer. Currently getting ready to attack Two-Face.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2012, 01:35:28 pm »

Diego attack the the brute
Feed on one of the zealots
Note: Bolded and italicized actions are for minions additional underline is personal.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2012, 02:33:40 pm »

Kal shrugged. He would most likely be needed in a moment, but he might as well give this a shot in the meantime.

Attempt to treat Zealot 5's wounds.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2012, 02:49:38 pm »

Kal shrugged. He would most likely be needed in a moment, but he might as well give this a shot in the meantime.

Attempt to treat Zealot 5's wounds.
You doubt these wounds are even remotely treatable, but you find no reason not to try faith healing.
[Laying On Hands: 2] You put your hands on the Zealot's back and chant an old prayer for some time, but nothing comes of it.

You suddenly notice you're wasting your time taking care of a mortally wounded man when there's three perfectly fine zealots right next to you. Especially since two of these zealots are wielding swords and one even has a maul, and all three of them could easily kill you if they put their minds to it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11